next gen Leaf predictions?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly hop the 2nd gen Leaf can achieve at least 5 miles / kWh, and it could get 6+ miles / kWh. I think with a Cd lower than the Tesla Model S would be a big part of this, and another important aspect would be default free wheel coasting, and regen that is controlled by the driver separate from the accelerator pedal.

Many Leaf divers have learned about"freewheeling" on the existing cars; it's sometime called coasting. The technique goes like this: on a long downhill, you put the car in neutral and when you want to slow down, go back to ECO and use regen to slow the car down before you use the brakes to slow or stop. I'm sure no one does this because it is illegal in some states.

NeilBlanchard said:
I certainly hop the 2nd gen Leaf can achieve at least 5 miles / kWh, and it could get 6+ miles / kWh. I think with a Cd lower than the Tesla Model S would be a big part of this, and another important aspect would be default free wheel coasting, and regen that is controlled by the driver separate from the accelerator pedal.

That's what I'd love to see. I think maybe, in addition to your suggestions, adaptive cruise control which accounts for route and elevation changes might help as well.

Back