Bluetooth improvements

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtietz

Two things I noticed in other cars, that my 14 SL does not have but I 'd like to see:

- Pandora over Bluetooth (Android in this case). No problem for either Toyota or Chevy. But the Leaf only supports Pandora through USB and iPhone
- access to SMS. Nice feature (again in Toyota/Chevy) to display incoming SMS and allow to send pre-written responses.

The infotainment system in the Leaf is about a decade behind most of the rest of the automotive world... I can only assume it is because Nissan is too cheap to update it.

mtietz said:
Two things I noticed in other cars, that my 14 SL does not have but I 'd like to see

TomT said:
The infotainment system in the Leaf is about a decade behind most of the rest of the automotive world... I can only assume it is because Nissan is too cheap to update it.

mtietz said:
Two things I noticed in other cars, that my 14 SL does not have but I 'd like to see

That's not even an exaggeration! In ~2006 I was looking to add all that stuff to my '94 Corolla. At $2000, it didn't make sense to have a stereo that cost more than the car.

mtietz said:
Two things I noticed in other cars, that my 14 SL does not have but I 'd like to see:

- Pandora over Bluetooth (Android in this case). No problem for either Toyota or Chevy. But the Leaf only supports Pandora through USB and iPhone
- access to SMS. Nice feature (again in Toyota/Chevy) to display incoming SMS and allow to send pre-written responses.

I have a 2015 SV and the car alert me for text messages and reads them allowed to me. I also have option to send pre-written responses. Maybe a new feature for 2015 model??

Yeah, Nissan finally caught up to where many other cars were a decade ago...

mdxc90 said:
I have a 2015 SV and the car alert me for text messages and reads them allowed to me. I also have option to send pre-written responses. Maybe a new feature for 2015 model??

It's funny, but the #1 complaint in the eGolf forums is how the infotainment system is way behind what's available on other Golf's.

One improvement I really wish Nissan would make is to auto-connect to more than one phone. My wife and I exchange the Leaf back and forth, depending on who is going farther that day. The car auto-connects to the most recently used phone. This means it's a constant battle to connect it to my own phone when my wife is not in the car with me. It saves all the information, but simply gives up when it cannot connect to her phone.

GetOffYourGas said:
One improvement I really wish Nissan would make is to auto-connect to more than one phone. My wife and I exchange the Leaf back and forth, depending on who is going farther that day. The car auto-connects to the most recently used phone. This means it's a constant battle to connect it to my own phone when my wife is not in the car with me. It saves all the information, but simply gives up when it cannot connect to her phone.
That's not how it works in mine. It always connects to either my phone or the wife phone, depends on which is in the vehicle when started. If both are in the car, it connects to the wife phone since her phone was the last one added after mine.

knightmb said:
GetOffYourGas said:
That's not how it works in mine. It always connects to either my phone or the wife phone, depends on which is in the vehicle when started. If both are in the car, it connects to the wife phone since her phone was the last one added after mine.
Yeah. I wish the car could connect to two phones at the same time, like my last 4 bluetooth headsets.

knightmb said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Interesting. What year is your car? Mine is a 2012. Maybe Nissan actually improved something? :shock:

GetOffYourGas said:
knightmb said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Interesting. What year is your car? Mine is a 2012. Maybe Nissan actually improved something? :shock:
Yeah, it is the trim difference, I see this now.

I have two Leafs now, one is a 2013 S, the other is a 2013 SV. The S trim bluetooth is basic but works with automatically connecting to phones and the address book from your phone works with the Leaf. The SV trim on the other hand, bluetooth needs a lot of work. It does not automatically connect to phones saved in the pairing list, nor does it work with the phonebook from the phone. You have to manually connect any "different" paired phones from the last paired phone. There seems to be no way to make the phonebook work with the Leaf either.

Back