iOS Version of LeafSpy Pro development discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
I would like to start collecting information on the WiFi OBDII adapters my testers are using.

Please send me a description of the adapter and either a link to a picture from where you purchased it or take a picture and send it to me. The label with any name to help identify it is what I am looking for.

2013 Super mini WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader
41%2BsHyKpwbL._SY450_.jpg

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJTC0CG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Connected and seems to display everything correctly (Leaf parked). Need to drive to see PSIs.? Also new to LeafSpy (v1.0.3) so need to learn how to use.

Efficienary said:
Turbo3 said:
I would like to start collecting information on the WiFi OBDII adapters my testers are using.

Please send me a description of the adapter and either a link to a picture from where you purchased it or take a picture and send it to me. The label with any name to help identify it is what I am looking for.

2013 Super mini WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader
41%2BsHyKpwbL._SY450_.jpg

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJTC0CG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Connected and seems to display everything correctly (Leaf parked). Need to drive to see PSIs.? Also new to LeafSpy (v1.0.3) so need to learn how to use.

I am also using this exact one.

If I were to do it over again, I'd try this dongle. They claim it goes to sleep after 30 min and you wouldn't have to fuss with the on/off

http://www.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Diagnostic-iPhone-Switch-Orange/dp/B00PFFG1JE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424616735&sr=1-2&keywords=icar+2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just came back from an hr long trip. Charged from 100% and ended up around 2% remaining - about 60 miles mostly highway 60-70mph, 18 deg w heat on.

Problems v 1.0.3:
1) Temp sensors provide identical values no matter the sensor setting. (battery went from 30 to 47 deg during trip and all 3 readings updated with the same value simultaneously)
2) Trip timer reset several times (could be my dongle as I've had some issues lately)

Phatcat73 said:
Just came back from an hr long trip. Charged from 100% and ended up around 2% remaining - about 60 miles mostly highway 60-70mph, 18 deg w heat on.

Problems v 1.0.3:
1) Temp sensors provide identical values no matter the sensor setting. (battery went from 30 to 47 deg during trip and all 3 readings updated with the same value simultaneously)
2) Trip timer reset several times (could be my dongle as I've had some issues lately)
A bad dongle that drops the connection would be taken as end of trip.

Please take an ELM trace and send me the TRC_xxx.txt files stored in the app Shared file location you find with iTunes.

Go to the bottom of the Settings menu and turn on "Trace ELM (on restart)" and press "Done". Then press the iOS Home button to go back to the Home screen. Next start up LeafSpy Pro again and you should see "Logging" flashing at the bottom of the screen. While connected to the Leaf and the Leaf on let it run for about a minute and verify all temps are the same. Press Home to exit app.

Next connect iOS device to a PC and startup iTunes, go to Apps and on the bottom of the screen select LeafSpy to display the shared files. Drag the TRC_xxx.txt file(s) over to a PC folder then send to email address on About screen.

Phatcat73 said:

Problems v 1.0.3:
Thanks for the traces. Found the bug. It is in all versions of LeafSpy both Android and iOS. Any time a battery temperature sensor has a reading below 55.4F then the first Sensor reading will be returned for that sensor. The result of a cut and paste error when I initially created the temperature conversion routine.

Will be fixed in version 1.0.5.

Version 1.0.5 uploaded to iTunes and is now waiting for review

* Allow playing app sound and background music at the same time.
* Fix bug in displaying battery temperatures below 55.4F.

1:21 PM 2/23 "In Review"
5:39 PM 2/23 "Approved"

Turbo3 said:
Version 1.0.5 uploaded to iTunes and is now waiting for review

* Allow playing app sound and background music at the same time.
* Fix bug in displaying battery temperatures below 55.4F.

1:21 PM 2/23 "In Review"
5:39 PM 2/23 "Approved"

There is what appears to be a bug in all versions, including this one. On the battery voltage graph some of the plots seem to show a discontinuity in the data, where there appears to be a large jump in values at a certain point in the graph. This always clears on the next refresh.

I don't know how to attach image here, but I can send via e-mail.

One thing I noticed on the first version and still happened with 1.05...

When tapping to go into the preferences screen, there is a quick pair of sharp high-pitched beeps. Subsequent trips to the preferences don't elicit these beeps until the app is terminated and restarted. Is it normal to get these beeps sometimes but not other times? Is it possible to turn them off altogether?

Nubo said:
One thing I noticed on the first version and still happened with 1.05...

When tapping to go into the preferences screen, there is a quick pair of sharp high-pitched beeps. Subsequent trips to the preferences don't elicit these beeps until the app is terminated and restarted. Is it normal to get these beeps sometimes but not other times? Is it possible to turn them off altogether?
The first time you go to the Settings screen it needs to be initialized and depending on the speed of your device this can take a few seconds to load up all the strings.

During this time it might appear to the user that noting is happening and the app did not detect the tap to go to the settings screen.

The two beeps are confirmation that your tap has been registered and setting is being initialized.

This will only happen the first time the app is run unless you kill the app from the home screen, reboot the iOS device or load a new version of the app.

I purchased the http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PFFG1JE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it'll be here in a couple of days (Prime). It's the one with the automatic on/off timer after it's been inactive for 30 minutes. I'll report how well it works as soon as it gets here.

For those of you who are currently testing this... can you use your phone at the same time you are running the app? Will incoming calls come through?

I can confirm incoming calls work fine as well as outgoing calls while the app is active. iPhone 5s running 8.1.3 iOS.

What is the very tiny gid count and the <40> that resides just below the RPMs?

Sorry no screenshot for ya.

Curt

finman100 said:
I can confirm incoming calls work fine as well as outgoing calls while the app is active. iPhone 5s running 8.1.3 iOS.

What is the very tiny gid count and the <40> that resides just below the RPMs?

Sorry no screenshot for ya.

Curt
That would be Gids used during this trip or if negative Gids from charge.

The number in < > was for debug and I have removed it in the next release.

vrwl said:
I purchased the http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PFFG1JE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it'll be here in a couple of days (Prime). It's the one with the automatic on/off timer after it's been inactive for 30 minutes. I'll report how well it works as soon as it gets here.

I bought this one also - plugged it in, made the settings per instructions in Leaf Spy and it's up and running. What I really like is to see the 12v battery voltage - one thing that Nissan should have on the dash as it can be critical.

joeriv said:
vrwl said:

I bought this one also - plugged it in, made the settings per instructions in Leaf Spy and it's up and running. What I really like is to see the 12v battery voltage - one thing that Nissan should have on the dash as it can be critical.
I tested this one yesterday and found, at least for the one they sent me, it would never wake up again. I had to unplug and replug to use. It also never went into power save always pulling 50 ma.

I would be interested if others have the same problem. Leave it plugged in but disconnect iOS device from it. Then after an hour see if you can connect to network again. For me network was listed as V-Link. Pressing the button did nothing to wake it up again.

I need a tester with an iPhone 6 to send me a series of screen shots. I have them for the 6P.

Resolution has to be either 750 x 1334 portrait or 1334 x 750 landscape

The sooner the better. Send to e-mail address on About screen.

Thanks.

Turbo3 said:
I need a tester with an iPhone 6 to send me a series of screen shots. I have them for the 6P.

Resolution has to be either 750 x 1334 portrait or 1334 x 750 landscape

The sooner the better. Send to e-mail address on About screen.

Thanks.

Sent!

Back