Nissan LEAF Certified Dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

Dashcam videos from a recent visit to the service department of a LEAF certified dealer, which shall go unnamed.

My intent with posting these videos is to show that being "LEAF Certified" does not necessarily mean that all staff is familiar with the car, or familiar with how leaving the car running with the heater on for extended periods of time unnecessarily can cause inconvenience to the owner when they go to pick it up.

When I went to pick up my car, the battery was almost completely drained and couldn't get me 13 miles back to work. The dealership stepped up and offered me a loaner. I subsequently gave them a 5-star review on Google, since any dealership can screw up, only the good ones make it right.

Some dealerships have fired off defamation lawsuits against individuals for recording their staff servicing their car, so I'll refrain from saying anything that the video, the audio, the GPS, or carwings did not show that might get me in trouble.

Let's start with this piece of comedy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkJbHNP-2vQ[/youtube]

Porter can't figure out how to open the charge port door.

McDonalds drive thru, staff parks and eats in my car, runs heater.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlA2J_vi4LI[/youtube]

The only thing I'm upset with is that my battery was drained because it was left on with the heater running for a long period of time (and it wasn't just this, the car sat on the lift while being repaired and sat parked while running with the heater on, which I won't bore you with). I don't care that they ate in my car, I eat in my car all the time- but when I do I'm charging. The battery was so low I couldn't drive it back to work, about 13 miles away, when they said it was ready for pickup.

The dealership ultimately made it right by giving me a loaner, but I think LEAF certified dealers should know a little better, and that knowledge should be extended to anyone who touches the car. It's my opinion that any time the car isn't being driven or isn't being worked on, it should be plugged in. This is especially important when it's in the single digits and the car has about half the range that it would have in the summer.

mayo said:
Most horrifying thing would be finding the radio tuned to Rush the next day :eek:

Yeah, a #1 with a sweet tea was a good choice, but hearing Rush would make me throw up in my mouth. I would totally lose my appetite for that tasty Big Mac.

(And I'm not even a liberal)

oh great, now I'm scared to take my Leaf in for service. I don't let anyone drive my cars but I have to trust the dealer knows what they are doing with me car with I hand it over to them. This just re-enforces my thinking that no-one should be trusted with your car.

My local Nissan.
Year 1 battery check: receipt said work not performed, however advisor mentioned it was done. When I asked for the 5 star report I received a deer in the headlights look

Year 2 battery check: no report again except for noting everything ok on receipt. They did also provide me with software update P3227 which I thought only applied to 11/12's.

In any case I'm done w the dealer for these bogus battery checks. I imagine they treat all their leaf owners this way.

Back