iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QueenBee said:
Things are working well. Very excited.

Are you automatically getting crash reports? I don't haven't anything I can reproduce but definitely have had it crash, where the app closes without my requesting it.
Unfortunately TestFlight does not support crash reports which makes it very challenging to fix them. Also since this version uses WiFi adapters I can not use the normal debug feature of the compiler even when I can recreate as the debugger connects through WiFi.

epirali said:
Turbo3 said:
I think I have a fix for the app closing problem.

After some additional testing tomorrow I will try to release a new test version.

FWIW I ran into the same issue and the solution was to turn off wifi (do not allow connection), launch the app, then enable the wifi. This started with the app falling into the "stuck" state, where it was connected but no longer updating the values. That lead to the "crash on launch," which was resolved by the trick above. But still no update. I then tried setting the "current as ODB" again in settings and that restarted things.

Additionally I have noticed data glitches, if I am running the battery plot there are updates where the data is "garbled" or seems to be an amalgam of two frames of updates.
If you are driving while looking at the battery cell voltages it is normal to see what looks like two different sets of battery measurements with one group being higher/lower than the following group.

The Leaf reads the battery voltages through a serial link which results in there being a large delay between the first set of measurements and the last set of measurements. During this time if the load changes the voltages can be very different between the first and last measurements. The serial link in the BMS runs at 19,200 baud and it takes about a second to loop through all 96 cell pairs.

Been using LeafSpy for just over a week now.

Runs great.

I did experience a situation where I would open it & it would come up, then quit after 1 sec or less. Opening it again would be ok. did this for a few days. After updating to 1.0.5 haven't seen that issue since.

BATTERY SOH reading Question:
LeafSpy reads SOH at @ 6% higher than Leaf Stat. HX, SOC, Gids, Ahr, Kwh are all the same.
Seems like most people are getting SOC & Hx at a fairly close values (+/- 1% or so) Leaf Stat SOC & Hx are very close, while LeafSpy shows a 4% spread where SOH is higher than Hx
Which would be correct?
How does LeafSpy " calculate" SOH value and is it "True"

BooKittyLeaf said:

Runs great.

I did experience a situation where I would open it & it would come up, then quit after 1 sec or less. Opening it again would be ok. did this for a few days. After updating to 1.0.5 haven't seen that issue since.

LeafSpy reads SOH at @ 6% higher than Leaf Stat. HX, SOC, Gids, Ahr, Kwh are all the same.
Seems like most people are getting SOC & Hx at a fairly close values (+/- 1% or so) Leaf Stat SOC & Hx are very close, while LeafSpy shows a 4% spread where SOH is higher than Hx
Which would be correct?
If you are using a PLX KiWi WiFi adapter that would explain why it shutdown after a second. Version 1.0.5 has a fix to work with this non standard adapter.

SOH is State of Health in LeafSpy and is read directly from the Leaf it is not calculated. Hx is also read directly from the Leaf. These values are the same as in the Android version and have been the same for over a year.

SOH in LeafStat is... well not really sure what it is. If you check the Jul 1, 2014 What's New for the app you will see SOH has been renamed to HX and there is a comment that "capacity noted as SOH". Don't know what to make of that.

Turbo3 said:
BooKittyLeaf said:

Runs great.

Which would be correct?
If you are using a PLX KiWi WiFi adapter that would explain why it shutdown after a second. Version 1.0.5 has a fix to work with this non standard adapter.

SOH is State of Health in LeafSpy and is read directly from the Leaf it is not calculated. Hx is also read directly from the Leaf. These values are the same as in the Android version and have been the same for over a year.

SOH in LeafStat is... well not really sure what it is. If you check the Jul 1, 2014 What's New for the app you will see SOH has been renamed to HX and there is a comment that "capacity noted as SOH". Don't know what to make of that.

Make sure you are running the latest version. I just compared and everything is the same except SOH is two decimals vs LEAFSpy which has no decimal. Does the car provide decimals to SOH?

QueenBee said:
Make sure you are running the latest version. I just compared and everything is the same except SOH is two decimals vs LEAFSpy which has no decimal. Does the car provide decimals to SOH?
The value I read from the Leaf for SOH has only 7 bits so no decimal point.

Is there a higher precision SOH available?

OBD2 I am using is
"2013 Super mini WiFi for iPhone OBD-II OBD Can Code reader" -

Regarding the SOH difference -I have Leaf Stat v1.2 and LeafSpy vs 1.0.5 both are current v's

Turbo3 said:

Your right - I just read through the Whats New in Leaf Stat again - I didn't catch that before - that is wierd
I think I would accept LeafSpy SOH accuracy over what Leaf Stat reports- which gives me a better SOH - so all is good there!

Another Question:
regarding the estimated miles - in order to "match up" with the Leaf Dash Display, I have to crank up the Mile/Kwh 5.5. I have it set to 4.3 Miles/Kwh as thats what I average in the car. I guess I need a little more understanding how this part works.

BooKittyLeaf said:
Another Question:
regarding the estimated miles - in order to "match up" with the Leaf Dash Display, I have to crank up the Mile/Kwh 5.5. I have it set to 4.3 Miles/Kwh as thats what I average in the car. I guess I need a little more understanding how this part works.
You have three choices for the estimated miles to go until xxx. Where xxx is LBW, VLBW or a previously selected reserve in Settings.

The Dash Display would be similar to VLBW. Which one did you have selected when you had to adjust to 5.5?

Trbo3 said:
You have three choices for the estimated miles to go until xxx. Where xxx is LBW, VLBW or a previously selected reserve in Settings.

The Dash Display would be similar to VLBW. Which one did you have selected when you had to adjust to 5.5?
OK - I saw the RANGE settings % SOC & KWH Reserved. Wasn't sure what they were.
Setting I currently have is % SOC set at 5. I will change it to KWH Reserved - VLBW (2)

ALSO, just downloaded 1.0.8 and when I opened it the Location Services prompt DID pop up for GPS - now its set - Cool!

Want to confirm that in latest rev the GPS now works properly, and I have not seen any issues so far. Will keep checking but looks good, ready for release!

Still having problems getting the Range to match the dash Range in the car.

I have tried different Range setting (LBW, VLBW, SOC or kWh reserved numbers as you suggested, but the Range miles stays the same.

I also tried changing the Wh/Gid to 80 and the kWh went up a bit, but Range stayed the same. I set it back to 77.5 default

Currently I have it set to 5.8 Miles/kWh so it will match the Dash. My actual Miles/kWh is around 4.3 from driving.

Maybe it just doesn't match up? Thats OK, just curious if Im not setting something up correctly.

Thanks

BooKittyLeaf said:
Still having problems getting the Range to match the dash Range in the car.

I have tried different Range setting (LBW, VLBW, SOC or kWh reserved numbers as you suggested, but the Range miles stays the same.

I also tried changing the Wh/Gid to 80 and the kWh went up a bit, but Range stayed the same. I set it back to 77.5 default

Currently I have it set to 5.8 Miles/kWh so it will match the Dash. My actual Miles/kWh is around 4.3 from driving.

Maybe it just doesn't match up? Thats OK, just curious if Im not setting something up correctly.

Thanks
That is very strange. Please send me screenshots of LBW, VLBW and reserved setting which show the same range estimate for each.

Newcomer alert:

I am missing something somewhere: I cannot find how to get the software onto my I-phone. The only 'stockists' I can find of LEAFSPY seem to be Android orientated, so whilst I appreciate I can get the software to run on an I-phone according to the posts, I cannot actually get that far.

Google App Store won't run on the I-Phone, so I don't seem to be able to download it. Google Apps on the PC won't download any of the LEAFSPY Lite, Pro or Turbo because it says I haven't got a paired device and I cannot find the app in I-Tunes......

Clearly I am missing a step, so glad of a steer to a solution or a more appropriate thread.

I have got the OBDII adaptor burning a hole in my pocket and a leaf sitting on the drive ready to go. Any help to jump the gap would be really welcome. :)

Thanks,

Neil

neilk said:
Newcomer alert:

I am missing something somewhere: I cannot find how to get the software onto my I-phone. ......

Clearly I am missing a step, so glad of a steer to a solution or a more appropriate thread.

I have got the OBDII adaptor burning a hole in my pocket and a leaf sitting on the drive ready to go. Any help to jump the gap would be really welcome. :)
The app is still in testing and is not in iTunes yet to the best of my knowledge.
See the development thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=18917&start=90#p414642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you want to be added to the test group PM Turbo3 the developer.

evken said:
The software for the iphone is called leafstat and uses only wifi
Leafstat is an entirely different program with much more limited capabilities than LEAF Spy Pro.

Both Leafstat and LEAF Spy Pro use only WiFi adapters.

neilk said:
Newcomer alert:

I am missing something somewhere: I cannot find how to get the software onto my I-phone. The only 'stockists' I can find of LEAFSPY seem to be Android orientated, so whilst I appreciate I can get the software to run on an I-phone according to the posts, I cannot actually get that far.

Google App Store won't run on the I-Phone, so I don't seem to be able to download it. Google Apps on the PC won't download any of the LEAFSPY Lite, Pro or Turbo because it says I haven't got a paired device and I cannot find the app in I-Tunes......

Thanks,

Neil
Neil, I have updated the first post with the email address you need to use to request being added to the beta testers' group.

The iOS version of LeafSpy Pro is currently waiting for Apple to approve it before it will show up on the iTunes App Store.

Just a thought, it seems that LeafSpy works in portrait and landscape modes very well, rotating properly. Would it be possible to have it work upside down portrait as well? If the iphone is plugged into a cable, which comes out the bottom, it is nice to be able to have the phone upside down and tucked into a cup holder or whatnot, leaving the phone upside down.

adspguy said:
Just a thought, it seems that LeafSpy works in portrait and landscape modes very well, rotating properly. Would it be possible to have it work upside down portrait as well? If the iphone is plugged into a cable, which comes out the bottom, it is nice to be able to have the phone upside down and tucked into a cup holder or whatnot, leaving the phone upside down.
The app should work in Portrait Upside Down orientation and does on an iPad. But on an iTouch and iPhone it does not but should.

I have reported this bug to the developer of B4i so hopefully he will provide a fix for his compiler to support this orientation.

If I recompile with just Portrait Upside Down as the only valid orientation the app crashes on an iPhone which points to the compiler. But runs OK on an iPad.

===================================
Erel has just fixed the bug in the Core library for B4i and now Portrait Upside Down mode works in LeafSpy Pro running on an iPhone or iTouch.

Once Apple releases the 1.0.10 version to iTunes I will then be able to release version 1.1.x to the testers' group that includes this fix as well as all the other improvements.

Is the functionality of the iOS and android versions pretty much equivalent at this point? I've got a salvage Leaf arriving in a week or so, hoping to be able to assess the battery condition and reset DTCs if needed. I can pick up an android something or other if I have to, but very happy to see there is an iOS version now!

Thanks,
Rob

Back