Sway concept hints at Leaf 2 styling ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GRA:
Thanks for that; with the velocity factor, your dissertation and conclusion makes sense; but, all this rhetoric serves to emphasise the multitude of factors and the assumptions needed to calculate the mileage range of EVs. To me it all culminates with a bit of empirical engineering where one drives the new car on a known course at known speeds and compares the range results.

This is getting quite OT. I suggest starting a new thread. I can move the posts from this thread to the new one later.

evnow said:
This is getting quite OT. I suggest starting a new thread. I can move the posts from this thread to the new one later.

I think that's a good idea. I keep reading the new posts, looking for Leaf 2.0 rumors :)

...and there are none, gosh darn it!

Meanwhile...in light of the above...I got me a new personalized licence plate just to stay ahead of the game... As you can imagine, MODEL 3 plate is already taken. Most likely by Tesla right after the corporate meeting that settled the name of that future automobile. So glad I did not order MODEL E... :)

Someone already asked me if this was the real thing! :mrgreen:

Photo0602.jpg

Just came across this...
"Nissan Sway Concept car thought to hint at possible design cues for 2017 Leaf." Estimated range 120-150 miles, smaller or larger packs to choose from.

Who knows, maybe Nissan will surprise us by matching Mod 3/Bolt/Ford stealth EVs' 200-mile magical number. I would, if I were Nissan. It's gonna get much more competitive, selling EVs, come 2017.

nissan_swayconcept_streetprof600x400.jpg

Considering how closely the new Rogue matches the Hi-Cross concept, it's possible the new LEAF might look very similar to Sway.

-Add door handles
-Add bezel around the windows
-Add real mirrors
-Make the lights a little fatter
-Delete the two-tone color
-Tone down the lines on the side
-Smaller wheels
-Pull the rear wheels forward and front wheels back.
-Add sharper corners on the rear

Basically, make the car a lot uglier. Still should look better than the current LEAF.

The Sway concept looks like a mashup of i3 and Ford. Not necessarily a bad thing. Less bugeyed, more modern/mainstream.

Bring it on, Nissan!

ILETRIC said:
Just came across this...
"Nissan Sway Concept car thought to hint at possible design cues for 2017 Leaf." Estimated range 120-150 miles, smaller or larger packs to choose from.

Who knows, maybe Nissan will surprise us by matching Mod 3/Bolt/Ford stealth EVs' 200-mile magical number. I would, if I were Nissan. It's gonna get much more competitive, selling EVs, come 2017.

nissan_swayconcept_streetprof600x400.jpg
if the new leaf came exactly like this concept I think it would sell like crazy.......give 200 mile range under 35k before incentives/rebate, and all nissan dealerships have a 24 hour accessible QUICK CHARGER and ev sales would grow exponentially for nissan........until then it will keep sputtering along.......

Back