Utah Public Charge Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desiv said:
GRA said:
KJD said:
The Quick Charge stations on 500 south in SLC are online now.
<snip> Have you added them to Plugshare?
Have you checked plugshare? ;-)

Looks like they are there to me..
(there are even 2 pics: one must be the old ones; but there's one pic of the new style there already)

desiv
I did but selected CCS, and they aren't shown as having that even though they do. I just submitted a change request to correct the charger types.

GRA said:
I did but selected CCS, and they aren't shown as having that even though they do. I just submitted a change request to correct the charger types.
Good point, that should be updated probably..
Although, no car is actually using CCS anyway, right?
:evil: :eek: :lol:

KIDDING!! ;-)

desiv

Not sure if the CCS nozzles work at this time. This is an email I got from the city today.
Hi Kyle,

The two DC fast-charge stations on 500 S are now operational. The units are an entirely new ABB model (Terra 53) and produce 50 kW of power, although only vehicles on the CHAdeMO standard can use these stations. The site is currently free to use, but we’ll be adding Greenlots software and applying a fee schedule once we’re confident in the stations’ operations and reliability.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through hardware issues with the original units. Hopefully these new stations are more reliable and result in a better user experience.

Regards,

TYLER POULSON
Sustainability Program Manager

DIVISION of SUSTAINABILITY and the ENVIRONMENT
SALT LAKE CITY CORPORATION

OFFICE 801.535.7259
CELL 801.898.3235

Follow SLC Green: Website|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

KJD said:
Not sure if the CCS nozzles work at this time. This is an email I got from the city today.
Hi Kyle,

The two DC fast-charge stations on 500 S are now operational. The units are an entirely new ABB model (Terra 53) and produce 50 kW of power, although only vehicles on the CHAdeMO standard can use these stations. The site is currently free to use, but we’ll be adding Greenlots software and applying a fee schedule once we’re confident in the stations’ operations and reliability.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through hardware issues with the original units. Hopefully these new stations are more reliable and result in a better user experience.

Regards,

TYLER POULSON
Sustainability Program Manager
They install a dual standard charger and only activate the CHAdeMO plug? To quote Stewie on 'Family Guy', "What the HELL, Man??!!

I took a day trip to Ogden last week and used the quick-charger at Ken Garff Nissan Riverdale while I was up there. It was a good experience. They recently replaced theirs and it was also dual-type (it looks different and I drove past it on first pass), but I don't know if only CHAdeMO works on it as well.

Back