how to save data to my computer???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have not used my leaf spy for a couple of years. I cannot remember how to save the screenshot png files to my computer for future reference. I did it a few years ago but have forgotten how I did it. I can view the images on my android phone so I know they are there.

thanks

69800 said:
I have not used my leaf spy for a couple of years. I cannot remember how to save the screenshot png files to my computer for future reference. I did it a few years ago but have forgotten how I did it. I can view the images on my android phone so I know they are there.

thanks

well, for me. any screenshots I take get saved in the screenshot folder in Album app

DaveinOlyWA said:
69800 said:

thanks

well, for me. any screenshots I take get saved in the screenshot folder in Album app

For my android phone, I have the app "Android file transfer" (also on my MacBook Pro). Connect the two devices and transfer the .csv file and all the screen shots from the phone to the computer.

69800 said:
I cant remember taking a screen shot. How is this done?
Maybe this will help http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-galaxy-s3-note-2-android/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? (iOS had this for AGES, maybe since 1.0?)

IIRC, prior to Android 4.0, you had to jump thru hoops to take screenshots like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3318757/android-taking-screenshot-of-current-screen-with-device" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.howtogeek.com/121121/how-to-take-android-screenshots-on-your-pc-with-the-android-sdk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

69800 said:
I cant remember taking a screen shot. How is this done?

depends on phone and in all cases you will see notification that screen shot was captured. process varies and the first one below is common on earlier phones.

On Moto Droid X
hold power button and volume down button at same time.

To retrieve;

open "Files" make sure device storage is selected. On mine, the memory card was moved to current phone so mine is selected by default likely...

Open "pictures"
Open "screenshots"

or
On Galaxy 4
screenshot capture; home button and power button at same time.

retrieve pix by opening "Gallery"
Make sure "Albums" is selected at the top
open "screenshot" album

as far as getting pix from phone to computer, I find the EASIEST way by FAR is simply emailing the pix to yourself. In fact, I find this easier than having all your pix automatically saved by Google Plus which I also do.

DaveinOlyWA said:
On Galaxy 4
screenshot capture; home button and power button at same time

I am using a Galaxy 3. To get a screenshot, I just sweep my hand across the screen of the phone, and the image is saved to the folder entitled "Picture". Much easier than pushing buttons.

linkim said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
On Galaxy 4
screenshot capture; home button and power button at same time

I am using a Galaxy 3. To get a screenshot, I just sweep my hand across the screen of the phone, and the image is saved to the folder entitled "Picture". Much easier than pushing buttons.

ya, I can do that but gestures did not really work well for me plus LEAF Spy is on the Moto Droid. need my primary phone for way too much stuff to share time while driving

Back