Solar company in orange county area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCE has access to hourly meter readings including net generation of power put back on the grid.
The wait should not be long. I don't think SCE even comes out to look at the system with only 4 kW.

i would check out AMECO, out of Long Beach area.
They did mine in 2008.
Very reliable and local.
had three bids and i was impressed with their longstanding commitment to solar, and their CEO's leadership in the movement going back to the 80s.

David Saltzman
Operations Manager
AMECO
(562) 595-9570
(562) 426-8248 (fax)
[email protected]
http://www.amecosolar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andolyn said:
I like the lease idea beacuse no down payment and I end up owning the system it looks like you own afterwards if you want. Im stuck on the initial rate and the annual increase over the 20 years. IE; start .15 a kwh first year follow ed by a 2.9% increase yearly.
:geek:

In many cases there is financing availible such that you don't need any up front money and I would expect that you would then own the system faster than if you lease. Your savings would also be based on what the electrical rates actually do.

pdate- We are going with Solar city. Going through the process. They just sent paperwork for permit to SCE. Got the confirm from SCE.
Going to purchase the system.

Andolyn said:
pdate- We are going with Solar city. Going through the process. They just sent paperwork for permit to SCE. Got the confirm from SCE.

Can you expand on the financial differences between the SC proposal and a traditional financed/leased system?

Andolyn said:

As far as I know Solar City tends to be the priciest route to get solar. Do you mind sharing the details, i.e. purchase price and system size?

smkettner said:
Neighbor did the lease or PPA something and periodically wonders if it was a good deal :|
I prefer to be able to sell if needed with an asset vs another payment to explain to a buyer.

Chances are such an explanation will be a much more difficult task after the CA electric rate reform is implemented ;) I suspect the installer failed to mention it to your neighbor...

Back