Unlocking doors with CAN?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some more testing I have a correction.

As long as you use the app to lock the door the Alarm is not armed. The Alarm is only armed when you lock with the key.

If you use the Key to lock and then use the app to unlock the Alarm will sound.

If you use the app to lock then use the app to unlock the Alarm is not active so will not sound when you open the door.

kevinleaf said:
Short version is unlock by can without disarm is useless.
Not necessarily: I am willing to lock my car without arming if this is possible, so I can also unlock without disarming. In cases where I am actively charging I'd just lock my car in this remote way without setting the alarm. If possible...

But you would have to lock the doors by canbus, sounds like a lot more work then just pushing the button on he handle.

I have seen lots of guys do remote starters without using disarm and telling the client to only use he aftermarket remote so it never arms but when the client locks he door with the switch on the door (inside) it arms the alarm and then it goes off when they unlock with he aftemarket remote

Code:
"But you would have to lock the doors by canbus, sounds like a lot more work then just pushing the button on he handle"

What if the system automatically locked when the phone came out of range of the car? Walk away and the car locks automatically.

Compustar has a unit that does this....called an EZ go.

But seriously trying to make intellikey easier?

How freakin lazy can a person be....wow too much work to touch the button on the door handle?

Part of my goal is to not have to carry keys around at all. One more thing to remember, one less thing to lose. My phone should be my keys, wallet, watch and more.

Hi guys did you ever find the can messages to lock/unlock the door for the Leaf?

I just tried to sniff for messages on the EV can and the normal can but can see no messages when locking and unlocking the doors?

nissanmarky said:
Hi guys did you ever find the can messages to lock/unlock the door for the Leaf?

I just tried to sniff for messages on the EV can and the normal can but can see no messages when locking and unlocking the doors?
If you check the Leaf Service manual you will see the door switches, the door lock actuators and the Remote keyless entry system are all directly connected to the BCM (Body Control Module). So there is no need for any CAN messages to be sent to lock or unlock the doors. The BCM as all the information it needs to control the doors.

This is why you will never see any CAN messages when you lock or unlock the doors either with the door buttons or remote.

However, as I have stated in previous posts I can directly control the lock/unlock actuator but this does not control the Car Alarm function. So if I unlock the doors using this method and the Alarm is active the Alarm will go off. If I lock the doors using this method the Alarm is not set.

The result is there is no use in using this method as a replacement for using the remote and I will not be making it available. The only use I can see is to allow someone to do a quick unlock of your Leaf (alarm sounding) and grab whatever they see and take off without having to break a window to get in. I don't think that is something anyone here wants to see happen.

Goodtohave said:
How freakin lazy can a person be....wow too much work to touch the button on the door handle?
Some people forget things sometimes too, and it might be nice to have a system that addresses that possibility.

Just something to consider..

desiv

desiv said:
Goodtohave said:
Some people forget things sometimes too, and it might be nice to have a system that addresses that possibility.

Just something to consider..

desiv
But such a solution would not limit you to unlocking just your Leaf you could unlock my Leaf too. These are raw lock/unlock codes with no authentication required.

Turbo3 said:
But such a solution would not limit you to unlocking just your Leaf you could unlock my Leaf too. These are raw lock/unlock codes with no authentication required.
I wasn't talking about your specific solution, just about the concept of an unlock as someone walks away from the car.

Although, how would I get to the CANBUS on your Leaf remotely?

On my Leaf, you'd need to "PAIR" with my OBD2 to do that, right?

desiv

Turbo3 said:
nissanmarky said:

If you check the Leaf Service manual you will see the door switches, the door lock actuators and the Remote keyless entry system are all directly connected to the BCM (Body Control Module). So there is no need for any CAN messages to be sent to lock or unlock the doors. The BCM as all the information it needs to control the doors.

This is why you will never see any CAN messages when you lock or unlock the doors either with the door buttons or remote.

However, as I have stated in previous posts I can directly control the lock/unlock actuator but this does not control the Car Alarm function. So if I unlock the doors using this method and the Alarm is active the Alarm will go off. If I lock the doors using this method the Alarm is not set.

The result is there is no use in using this method as a replacement for using the remote and I will not be making it available. The only use I can see is to allow someone to do a quick unlock of your Leaf (alarm sounding) and grab whatever they see and take off without having to break a window to get in. I don't think that is something anyone here wants to see happen.

Thank you, i have used the BCM - but would be good to know your other method :)

Back