Leaf Quick Release Hitch for bike racks or cargo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ceejones said:
Bill welded safety chain loops onto the removable section. Any trailer shop could do the same if you already have the hitch.

I described my 4 pin plug wiring here on 9-5-2013. It still works with no problems nearly a year later. Everything is under the taillights.

I did the get hitch from Bill. I guess the safety chain loops was not an option two years ago. Great thank you.

camasleaf,
sorry that you didn't catch the fact that I ask people to specify when they want the tow chain loops. Only about 20% do so I just leave them off for most hitches. They can be added afterwards easily enough. (PM me to discuss)

I've since updated my order process with a spiffy online form so that folks can't miss that step.
http://tinyurl.com/QRHitchOrderForm

Electric4Me said:
camasleaf,
sorry that you didn't catch the fact that I ask people to specify when they want the tow chain loops. Only about 20% do so I just leave them off for most hitches. They can be added afterwards easily enough. (PM me to discuss)

I've since updated my order process with a spiffy online form so that folks can't miss that step.
http://tinyurl.com/QRHitchOrderForm

Bill, no wories. When I ordered I just wanted to carry the bikes, and it works great. It is possible I did see the hooks option and just ignored it. It has been awhile, I do not even remember when I ordered the hitch 2011 or 2012.

So five years (oops, three years) later, can I assume that these are no longer available?

I'd love a 1-1/4" for my 2011!

Five years? Not quite. But I have a couple of 2" ones available only. My day job has changed to a startup and I have little free time left to make hitches.

Oops, I got distracted for a while there...

I'd love to hear about your startup! Sadly, I'm not interested in the 2" receiver as I long ago standardized everything on 1.25. Even if you had a box of the raw parts banging around, I can weld it up myself. It's sourcing and making all those bits that I don't enjoy much. If there's no chance for 1.25", I will stop bugging you and move along.

If on the other hand, somebody is out there listening who maybe purchased the 1.25 hitch from Bill and no longer needs it, I'd love to make a deal!

Cheers,

darelldd said:
Sadly, I'm not interested in the 2" receiver as I long ago standardized everything on 1.25. Even if you had a box of the raw parts banging around, I can weld it up myself. It's sourcing and making all those bits that I don't enjoy much. If there's no chance for 1.25", I will stop bugging you and move along.

I bought a 2" version which is still on my LEAF, even though my bike rack was 1.25". That was easily solved with a small adapter sleeve from Harbor Freight. Go for the 2". :)

lemketron said:
I bought a 2" version which is still on my LEAF, even though my bike rack was 1.25". That was easily solved with a small adapter sleeve from Harbor Freight. Go for the 2". :)

Thanks for the input. I can easily adapt my racks, or the receiver. I just wish not to. I want minimalist. Starting with the larger, heavier 2" and then adding an adapter isn't my "style." :)

I like the fact that the 2" receiver can be removed when not in use so one is not carrying the extra weight. I have one of the early versions.

Hopefully this is a quick question that I did not see in this thread. With proper installation, how much weight can this support on a cargo rack?

Best regards,

Joe

I have a Bill Davis QR hitch for a 2012 LEAF I just removed from a lease return. In SF East Bay, if someone wants to come pick it up it is yours for $100 or make me an offer. This is a 2" receiver version. (Totally unsure if it could be modified for later year models, but I'm not sure why not.)

Back