Sunroof!! Finally!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lasareath,

How is your sunroof holding up these days? Any problems especially during the winter with the snow and ice?

I live in Union county. Are you nearby? Would love to check out your roof first before taking the plunge.

thanks.

smnewport said:
How is your sunroof holding up these days? Any problems especially during the winter with the snow and ice?
I live in Union county. Are you nearby? Would love to check out your roof first before taking the plunge.
I can't speak for Lasareth but I got my sunroof done at the same place per his recommendation and it's held up beautifully through two winters so far. I live up here in Poughkeepsie NY and haven't had any problems with snow or ice or rain, though the LEAF sleeps in the garage so I don't ever get a lot of snow sitting on it for long periods of time. If you're ever in the Dutchess county area I can certainly show you what mine looks like but hopefully Sal will comment.

WOW I love that twin panel roof.

is there a good VERY LARGE (I want large surface area) sunroof that does not reduce headroom?

I am 6'4" with 27" inseam so headroom is critical to me.

etracing said:
Very coool.

A bit pricey for me, but it looks like a great install!
The Camry hybrid option (which - if you're SO wants lighted vanity mirrors, you have to get anyway) sunroof is $1,500 . . . so it's pretty much what you'd pay at the dealer as a stock option. Pricey? not if it's what you want, apparently.

Michapok,

Can you post some pics? Did you get the same model as Lasareath? Where did your drain tubes get placed? I am still on the fence on this. It is also a bit of a hassle having to leave the car overnight, but I understand it is a major mod and would definitely want them to take their time getting things right the first time.

thanks

never mind, I just saw your earlier post with the exterior pic. Looks quite nice.

Have you noticed much difference in your MPGe/consumption when it's closed/open/tilted?

smnewport said:
Have you noticed much difference in your MPGe/consumption when it's closed/open/tilted?

Not really much of a difference. I haven't done a scientific study though. I was able to travel to Albany (93 miles one way), charge for three hours, then drive the 93 miles back with the sunroof installed so it's definitely not a huge range killer. I believe I had it on tilt some of the way home.

smnewport said:
Did you get the same model as Lasareath? Where did your drain tubes get placed? I am still on the fence on this. It is also a bit of a hassle having to leave the car overnight, but I understand it is a major mod and would definitely want them to take their time getting things right the first time.

They did a great job on the drain tubes. They go along the top of the door frame inside that plastic that's there. It has a very slight bulge but you'd have to be looking for it to even notice. I believe there are four drain lines in total but I'm not 100% sure about that. Same model as Lasareath, auto-open but not auto-close (have to hold the button for the five seconds, which I don't mind at all).

They definitely need a full day and change with the car so overnight is the only way. I ended up taking mass transit from the shop in Jersey into the city, then hopped a metro north to poughkeepsie. Did the same thing in reverse on the way back. If you have someone who can pick you up/drop you off that's obviously easier.

Michapok,

I am going to the Carmel area tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Will you be around? Was hoping to maybe swing by to check out your roof.

Over 3 years and my #Webasto 5300 is working Great! No issues ever!

oxo said:
I'd urge both of you to request the Solaire 4300. I have done *many* aftermarket sunroofs and every one of the other models being considered or installed have potential issues. ASC has been doing this for longer than just about everyone in the entire country.

Sorry Michapok. The email account for this board goes to an inbox that I rarely check.

It's much easier to get in touch with me on Facebook. www.ev-etiquette.com

Today I'm going to Vincentown NJ. Mount Holly Motorsports for an #NDEW2016 event if you're not doing anything.

Sal

smnewport said:
Michapok,

I am going to the Carmel area tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Will you be around? Was hoping to maybe swing by to check out your roof.

Yeah. Me too! Haha. I tried but i didn't have enough time to do it.

mwalsh said:
Lasareath said:
Here's a short video of my Sunroof from two video sources.

https://instagram.com/p/BUy-KcVjLf8/

I would be far more impressed if both sources were 100% synced. ;)

So this is about a year from the original install. How is everything holding up? If Nissan lets me buy out my lease with reasonable terms, I've considered getting that done from a shop called Autoplex down in Denver that installs that brand.

Back