8 bar battery replacement metrics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just lost my forth bar this morning. I took delivery of the car in May of 2011 and have driven it for 50,952 miles. I plan to visit Ross Nissan next Tuesday for battery evaluation. Is it guaranteed replacement? On average, how many days will take from dealer evaluation to battery replacement?

petfans said:
I just lost my forth bar this morning. I took delivery of the car in June of 2011 and have driven it for 50,952 miles. I plan to visit Ross Nissan next Tuesday for battery evaluation. Is it guaranteed replace? On average, how many days will take from dealer evaluation to battery replacement?

Too man variables for us to promise you a guarantee on the replacement. Let's just leave it at "it should be" until you get your evaluation.

Time frame...we've heard anything from a few days to a record making 5 weeks. So, again, we'll have to defer to what you hear from the dealership.

Thanks, MWalsh, for your quick response. Had discussion with a service rep this morning and did not get a feeling that it would be a slung dunk replacement. Shall report back next Wednesday.

I'd take a pic of the dash before you take it in, just in case they decide to reset the BMS or do something else to try to get them out of the replacement during the warranty period...

petfans said:
Thanks, MWalsh, for your quick response. Had discussion with a service rep this morning and did not get a feeling that it would be a slung dunk replacement. Shall report back next Wednesday.

A couple of quick questions that might help us guess on your chances:

Did you get P3227 update done and when?
Did you get all your annual battery checks done?
In any category on any of those annual battery checks did you get less than 5-stars?

TropicalLeaf are you looking at the page with the 96 cell voltages on it at the top or the page with GID count on it? I made that mistake. at 41 amp hours I hope you are at 8 bars.

petfans said:
I just lost my forth bar this morning. I took delivery of the car in May of 2011 and have driven it for 50,952 miles. I plan to visit Ross Nissan next Tuesday for battery evaluation. Is it guaranteed replacement? On average, how many days will take from dealer evaluation to battery replacement?

Can I get some info for the wiki?

City, ST for now I put in El Monte, CA?
VIN for now I put in 3339?
mfg date, I left this as unknown

ishiyakazuo,

I took several pictures of the dashboard. Could find a way to share it on this forum. This is a link to one of them https://flic.kr/p/uh6zic

MWalsh,

I brought my car in for the software patch (recall) and annual battery evaluations. The last report from about six month ago, it showed 75%.

DHanson865,

City is Alhambra and Manufacturing date 4/2011.

petfans said:
I brought my car in for the software patch (recall) and annual battery evaluations. The last report from about six month ago, it showed 75%.

Should be a slam dunk replacement. Let us know how long it takes them.
If you own the car, you might want to consider delaying battery replacement until the Fall. Of course, that assumes you don't need the range right now. I'm tracking towards losing my 4th bar in the Fall, but if I weren't, I would have waited for cooler weather (gets the battery off to a good start).

I received good news from Ross Nissan. Service rep told me that new battery and another component will be ordered and covered by warranty. It could take a few days to one month for the items to arrive. Will post again when I get get the new battery. Since I'll be replacing my LEAF with a Tesla Model 3 in 2017 or 2018 (whenever it becomes available), I have opted to enjoy the new range as soon as possible. Anyway, I appreciate your suggestion regarding deferring the battery replacement to Autumn.

I'm at the dealership buying a MY2012 SL with 38,000 miles and my LEAFpro shows that it's at AHr 42.94 and the car has 9 bars now. I called Nissan and they said that the car qualifies for a battery replacement at 8 bars. It does have an open campaign for the software update so I will take it to the Nissan dealership when I get a chance.

DiamondDan73 said:
I'm at the dealership buying a MY2012 SL with 38,000 miles and my LEAFpro shows that it's at AHr 42.94 and the car has 9 bars now. I called Nissan and they said that the car qualifies for a battery replacement at 8 bars. It does have an open campaign for the software update so I will take it to the Nissan dealership when I get a chance.

42.94AHr means you're almost there, probably within the month. Somewhat unusual to see a 2012 with so few miles down to 9 bars, do you have any history on the car? From AZ perhaps?

Hey guys, I'm at 46.27aH, SOH=70%,Hx=49.78 and lost my 10th bar about 2-3 months ago. I first got it with 11 bars, 228 GIDS, 52aH, etc. It has 46K miles currently. I bought this used as well in 2014 I believe. It is a 2011 Aug. Model SL from Stadium Nissan (Anaheim). Strange thing is that I don't see much drastic real life lost of distance for so much statistics that's lost according to the Leaf Spy app. Anyhow, if I qualify for battery replacement, am I required to go back to that specific dealer or somewhere closer to my current residence? Just wondering that's all. I will also give Nissan representative a call tomorrow just to "make sure" I qualify and there are no other strings attached. Thanks guys and hope everybody's safe!

Firetruck41 said:
You should be able to go to any Nissan dealer. You will not qualify until you have lost your 9th bar though, AFAIK.
Yep... car needs to be down to 8 capacity bars or lower within the 5 years/60K mile capacity warranty.

thanks guys for letting me know I don't have to go back there. It's quite a drive. I'm just going to watch my batterie's capacity aH drop within these few months. I'm in the Inland Empire so it gets hot here in the summer. I will also be putting more miles on her as well. Wish me luck!!! ;)

Back