First LEAF TSB

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
NTB10145

* SERVICE INFORMATION When diagnosing a vehicle with an ABS or VDC / SLIP warning light on with DTCs stored in the ABS / VDC actuator control unit, perform DTC diagnosis first. - Do not replace the ABS / VDC actuator control unit without being supported by the DTC diagnosis. - Do not erase DTCs before performing DTC diagnosis. - Always fully diagnose before performing any repairs. When DTC U1000 (CAN COMM CIRCUIT) is the only DTC stored in the ABS / VDC actuator control unit, use the REPAIR FLOW CHART starting on Page 2. This will assist in proper diagnosis results and repairs in addition to using diagnostic information in the Electronic Service Manual (ESM). - If DTC U1000 is found stored in other systems, refer to NTB10-066 and the applicable ESM. - If other DTCs are found stored in ABS / VDC along with U1000, follow the diagnosis steps for those DTCs in the applicable ESM. See this bulletin for further detail.

this is a TSB?

sounds like a QRG tech reference; "exhaust all software fixes and troubleshooting steps before spending any money replacing hardware"

this is SOP for any technician.

sounds like an error may come up that doesn't necessarily point to the problem, so they are telling techs to make sure you go through the repair flow chart, which I would assume points them in the direction of the actual problem. A communication error in one module could be caused by a fault in another module.

Back