Enphase Stock Price Dive and Outlook for Install

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I mentioned in my original post, a company like Siemen's would be well served in acquiring Enphase if it went at fire sale prices... Question is what would happen to the warranty... Any monthly services would likely be continued as a revenue stream... From a business sense, one would think they'd honor the warranty with extant inventory since labor isn't included long term...? (Clearly I am trying to talk myself into staying with enphase...)

New intra-day low today on ENPH $1.61

I was looking to replace some M190s and add a few new PV modules. What are some other micro-inverter options? I can't get real excited about a bunch of optimizers and then a central inverter on top of that. I have expanded my system four times.

SMA was making a micro-inverter, but it was quite a bit more expensive when you look at the whole system cost. KACO is supposed to be coming to the USA this year. I still don't understand their approach even after reading the white papers on their ultraverter.

Other options?

Thanks,

Ken Clifton

LG makes panels with built in micros. ABB has them (micros) too. Iirc both have shorter warranties than Enphase, but might still be better than none if they go belly up or end up being acquired by someone.

Valdemar said:
LG makes panels with built in micros. ABB has them (micros) too. Iirc both have shorter warranties than Enphase, but might still be better than none if they go belly up or end up being acquired by someone.
The LG Mono X ACe looks very interesting...

How are folks feeling about Enphase these days? Q1 2016 results didn't look much better, and it'll be interesting see what impact SolarEdge's HD Wave has when it starts rolling out for real.

Having decent warranty support is really the only thing I'm concerned about. Fingers crossed?

Back