Purchased AV unit directly (cash and carry)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready2plugin said:
It can be done. I received my AV unit on Tuesday ($846). My installation (non-AV) is scheduled for Monday (12/27) at $450, Total Cost $1,296. Tax credit 50%...total net cost $648.00.

More reasonable for those that need installation and no hassles.

AV called me today to let me buy their unit. I guess they're freeing some up for cash and carry. If you haven't bought your EVSE Charging System, you might call them. They say that the will ship them today and shipping is typically 2 day by UPS delivery.

Bassman said:
AV called me today to let me buy their unit. I guess they're freeing some up for cash and carry. If you haven't bought your EVSE Charging System, you might call them. They say that the will ship them today and shipping is typically 2 day by UPS delivery.
I also received this call from George Gerado at AV. They have received a sizable shipment of EVSE units with 15' (not 25') cords, and they are offering to sell them now to "cash & carry" customers. I ordered one, with delivery expected Mon or Tues next week. Cost, including LA county sales tax and delivery comes to about $ 840. The message told me to call Nissan at 877-664-2738, explain you wanted the "cash & carry" option, and ask to be connected to George at AV. He then activated a special option on my Nissan account and he walked me through the placement of my order through my account. You have to be careful to reject the default option, which is for a unit with 25' cord, which will delay the order.

This was a nice last-minute Christmas present, allowing me to purchase the AV EVSE in 2020 with the 50% EVSE tax credit. I understand the federal tax bill just signed did extend the credit for next year at 30%.

EVDRIVER said:
When are you guys going to stop talking about permits and the IRS? If you get audited, you need a dated receipt and proof of payment. They want to see you did not make up the deduction, they don't know permits are required nor do they check. The tax credit covers more than an EVSE, people are making this entire EVSE process into dat too much.

+100

Just got an email from AV about my CC being charged. Checked my Dashboard and have a tracking info. Dont know know ETA but I hope it will be wed. Already talked to my Installer and set up a date for Thu.

AV shipped my unit out today. Only problem is, they sent it to my home address instead of my work address as I had requested. Luckily, George at AV was able to contact UPS and have them put it on will call so I can get it at the UPS distribution center near my house, since no one would be at the house during the day. Now I just hope UPS doesn't mess up.

If you have the UPS Tracking Number, call them EARLY in the morning to check the package location, and that it is NOT on a truck for delivery to your house.

Usually they are quite good with helping folks.

I think their website will actually tell you if it is on the truck out for delivery (if you view details) ... or is that FedEx ?

With special, last-minute instructions to NOT deliver and HOLD at the depot, it is best to check before driving there. Sometimes it gets loaded onto the truck the night before, and the package "misses" the HOLD.

Yes, I think both UPS and FedEx show "Out for Delivery", but that can be incorrect if the package was "snatched" back off the truck at the last minute.

Usually (around here) they try hard, I think, but handle a LOT of packages.

Those of you purchasing EVSE at the 12th hour with the intent of reaping the 2010 Federal Tax Credit will hopefully have it installed by Dec. 31th and have supporting documentation.

Simply buying a EVSE and having it sit in a box in your garage won't cut it.

The IRS Form 8911 states:

"In addition, the following requirements must be met to qualify for the credit."
You placed the refueling property in service during your tax year.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf

Just a FYI

Yeah! My AV unit is waiting for me at the UPS center near my house! Picking it up and putting it in service today. I already installed the separate PG&E Time of Use Meter and 240 volt, 40 amp double pole breaker circuit with receptacle and will be putting on an 8 gauge pigtail with a 50 amp rated plug and mounting the unit to the wall. Will takes some pics for uploading.

Well I got the AV unit today and it's plugged in and mounted! Self test was performed and no problems. Now all I need is my LEAF!
:p

Site-Visits-and-EV-Charger-.jpg
EVCE-004.jpg

Back