How long 'til 4th bar drops?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evoforce said:
Sorry you didn't make it. Not quite 2 months over. So ridiculously close.
Yep, major bummer. What's your plan - do you plan on trying to see if you can work out some sort of good-will negotiation with Nissan or perhaps the BBB arbitration route?

I'm about done with the Leaf. I'm a year away from retirement and involved in some of the most demanding work I've ever done. Not enough time or energy to fuss with arbitration. Since I'm self-employed, taking any time off for arbitration would be costly, especially since the meeting would probably be held 100 miles from here. Time to cut my losses.

If somebody wants a cheap Leaf, I'd take $4500 for it. Otherwise, I'll donate it to charity once the weather starts to cool off this fall and the car's range becomes less than my commute.

-Karl

I would at least take it in to the dealer to try to make a warranty claim. Of course they'll say no, but just in case you (or a future owner) decides to file with BBB or something later it'd probably be good to have the time of bar loss on record.

kolmstead said:
170 mile round trip, towing the Leaf on flatbed trailer behind 15 mpg truck, losing a day's pay, in the hope that Nissan might have a change of heart?

Didn't someone report recently that any cars covered by the class action were not candidates for bbb process?

Maybe your only hope is that it develops a fatal battery manufacturing defect and qualifies for the battery defect warranty instead of the battery capacity warranty. Who knows, it could start showing a defect as it degrades to nothing...

kolmstead said:
Didn't someone report recently that any cars covered by the class action were not candidates for bbb process?
Yes.
My understanding is they managed to win under the original 100,000 mile powertrain warranty under appeal of the initial bbb rejection.

Evoforce said:
challengeaccepted said:
I got until June to get that last bar to drop. At 43.35 AHr now. I just hope the weather stays warm until then! :)

Good luck on getting there. Where are you from?

Northern California. We had a drop in the temp, but it's supposed to be in the 60s/70s for the next week. Come on baby!

4th bar lost yesterday, 3/18/16.
2012 SV
53,474 miles
51.75 months old
Atlanta

I think I'll go ahead and use up the remaining miles and calendar before the warranty lapses, before getting the new battery pack under warranty. Anyone have a reason to think this approach is a bad idea? Thanks.

suwaneedad said:
4th bar lost yesterday, 3/18/16.
2012 SV
53,474 miles
51.75 months old
Atlanta

I think I'll go ahead and use up the remaining miles and calendar before the warranty lapses, before getting the new battery pack under warranty. Anyone have a reason to think this approach is a bad idea? Thanks.
I would delay. Especially if you can make it through the heat of summer on the old battery.

I'm not part of a lawsuit. I'm just talking about the 5yr/60k warranty against losing 4 bars.
Is there something I'm missing here, re a lawsuit?

suwaneedad said:
I'm not part of a lawsuit. I'm just talking about the 5yr/60k warranty against losing 4 bars.
Is there something I'm missing here, re a lawsuit?
The warranty exists as a result of a class action lawsuit. Some owners opted out of that class so they could retain the right to sue individually, which exempted their cars from the warranty coverage. If you did nothing then you are a part of the lawsuit.

My 4th just dropped! 2011 SL at 8 bars now, and I have a couple more months before the warranty expires.

LeafSpy Lite readings
AHr: 43.33
SOH: 66%
373.73 V
Hx: 44.97%
31,085 miles
all @ SOC 42.7%

Oh happy day!

Back