The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Train said:
I still don't get where the $379 a month deal is. Was that available? You're paying $40 more a month than what is advertised and I am pretty sure I remember the advertised $379 lease price included 15K miles a year.

Many things will determine the "advertised" monthly payment.

Credit score, down payment, options, state and local taxes, length of lease, annual mile allowance, dealer price and other reasons.

Plus didn't omkar get the quick charge port?

garygid said:
So, do you pay roughly $25,000 (before tax credit) to lease the LEAF for 3 years?
Then, another $15,500 + tax => about $17,000 if you buy it at lease end?
Or, you pay the Disposal fee if you do not buy it?
Thus, a total of approx. $25k + $17k => about $42,000 if you buy it for cash after the lease?
I suppose that is only about $4000 more than if you initially bought it for cash, right?
As we have said many times, you can't make this kind of comparison unless you include the time value of money. With the initial purchase you have to come up with the $42K - $4K = $38K up front, or take out a loan for it. If you take out a loan with a monthly payment comparable to the lease payment you are going to be paying a lot more than $4K in interest. If you have the cash available, it should be in stock funds, which are currently appreciating at about 10% per year. So paying cash would be likely to cost you close to $4K per year in lost investment income.

AZMerf said:
I still don't get where the $379 a month deal is. Was that available? You're paying $40 more a month than what is advertised and I am pretty sure I remember the advertised $379 lease price included 15K miles a year.
$409-379=$30, not $40.

When I get sometime I'll do a comparison of what Omkar got and what the std deal is.

So as people begin to take delivery of their cars, will someone please advise if they received any other battery warranty documents other than what has been previously published? Was there ever any "capacity depletion curve" offered or any wording added as to what is acceptable degradation over time? Gudy thought he remembered something about this in his paperwork, but I haven't seen any positive statement affirming it yet. That is a big piece of my "lease vs. buy" decision, and I would like to see it in writing somewhere before my car is delivered. :?

planet4ever said:
If you have the cash available, it should be in stock funds, which are currently appreciating at about 10% per year.
Key word here is "currently," and unfortunately, there is no guaranty that it will continue this way. I sure wish my stock portfolio had appreciated 10% per year over the last 3 years. Overall, it's been -10%/yr. for me. In three more years, maybe I'll be back to even... :evil:

TT

For those wondering about the $379 vs $409, omkar rolled in the options (700+170), the registration (495) and the sales tax on the cap cost reduction (690) +plus the doc and tire fee (45+7).. This adds up to about $2100 - $1000 off MSRP he received that's an additional $1100 he rolled into his lease that wasn't in the original $379 price. $1100/36 payments = $30.

The interesting this is I don't see the destination fee listed anywhere in his numbers, so maybe Connell isn't charging that, just like Gudy found out about his purchase.

xtremeflyer said:
The interesting this is I don't see the destination fee listed anywhere in his numbers, so maybe Connell isn't charging that, just like Gudy found out about his purchase.
MSRP is 35,410. That would be 33,720+820+700+170. So, included in the price.

Anyway, I can't figure out the way final price was calculated. I don't see acquisition fee either.

evnow said:
xtremeflyer said:
MSRP is 35,410. That would be 33,720+820+700+170. So, included in the price.

Anyway, I can't figure out the way final price was calculated. I don't see acquisition fee either.
Check out this ... I am able to duplicate the numbers pretty close. Except I don't think the residual is supposed to be caclulated with the $820 included in it.

turbo2ltr said:
Not quite sure who sent me this but here it is..
Lease Decision Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-DGAXnbchK0NTI1NGJlZWMtNGFkYS00NGNhLWJmZTEtMGNkZDJhMjQ4YzVk&hl=en&authkey=CKztusUN

Specific for California, but someone could use it create their own.

I'd create a google spreadsheet, but it does not handle the circular reference so you have to use excel.

LEAFer said:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-DGAXnbchK0NTI1NGJlZWMtNGFkYS00NGNhLWJmZTEtMGNkZDJhMjQ4YzVk&hl=en&authkey=CKztusUN

Cool.

Does this work ? Because of circular reference (?) it doesn't work for me - excel doesn't recalc anything when I change numbers. I'll link it in the lease sticky, if it works.

evnow said:
LEAFer said:

Cool.

Does this work ? Because of circular reference (?) it doesn't work for me - excel doesn't recalc anything when I change numbers. I'll link it in the lease sticky, if it works.
I've had this problem in Excel. You can eliminate the issue via Tools/Options/Calculation and checking the "Iteration" box.

LakeLeaf said:
I really like that red color. Does it look as good in person as it does in the posted videos?

It sure does, LakeLeaf. I think it is the best color. It looks like different shades in all kinds of different lighting. The metallic quality of the paint gives it a real spark. We rejected the red because our Prius is red too, and we're keeping it. But when Omkar brought his car over, I caught myself thinking about changing my LEAF order to red, regardless. The only thing that stops me is that I don't want to mess with the order in any way, in case it might delay my delivery.

That said, though the blue that I chose is close behind. If the blue hadn't been so "overexposed" by all of the early pictures and ads showing blue cars, I think there would be more excitement for the blue. It is a very vibrant and exciting color, as well.

Boomer23 said:
LakeLeaf said:
I really like that red color. Does it look as good in person as it does in the posted videos?

It sure does, LakeLeaf. I think it is the best color. It looks like different shades in all kinds of different lighting. The metallic quality of the paint gives it a real spark. We rejected the red because our Prius is red too, and we're keeping it. But when Omkar brought his car over, I caught myself thinking about changing my LEAF order to red, regardless. The only thing that stops me is that I don't want to mess with the order in any way, in case it might delay my delivery.

That said, though the blue that I chose is close behind. If the blue hadn't been so "overexposed" by all of the early pictures and ads showing blue cars, I think there would be more excitement for the blue. It is a very vibrant and exciting color, as well.

Thanks Boomer. I've got black on order, but that red looks really nice. I'm really really tempted.

I'd love to hear what Gudy thinks of his black now that he's had it for a few weeks.

We should move this "Lease Decision" spreadsheet stuff to another/new thread.

(There are some content errors in the text portions in the sheet (F44/F50 are copies of each other and should be the "opposite" in meaning.)

Back