The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malloryk said:
Great pictures Boomer! Thanks for posting. Omkar, it's gorgeous!! Best of luck to you and your wife. Congrats on the baby!
Thanks Mallory!

kolmstead said:
Great job, Boomer! I think you did a fine job of documenting Omkar's first charge. You aren't stealing his thunder; you're helping him share his first few minutes of ownership. We need every tidbit we can get to keep us going until we get our own LEAFs!
Absolutely! Boomer and Mrs. Boomer were amazingly helpful :)

JPC2822 said:
CONGRATS on your LEAF OMKAR!
Close to LA County! :)
Hope you and your family enjoy your new LEAF!
Thanks JPC!

GroundLoop said:
Did the car come with any manuals that haven't been posted on-line?
Any Carwings manual, Audio/Nav manual?
Here's what I received:
  • Quick Reference Guide
  • Quick Reference Guide CD
  • Service and Maintenance Guide
  • Supplement to Service and Maintenance Guide (1 page)
  • Owner's Manual
  • Owner's Manual Supplement (1 page)
  • Warranty Information Booklet
  • Supplement to Warranty Info Booklet & Owner's Manual
  • Navigation System Owner's Manual

ttweed said:
So as people begin to take delivery of their cars, will someone please advise if they received any other battery warranty documents other than what has been previously published? Was there ever any "capacity depletion curve" offered or any wording added as to what is acceptable degradation over time?
I did NOT find anything in my documents regarding a 'capacity depletion curve' or any wording as to what is acceptable degradation over time.

I got my email today saying that my new Leaf will be here within 7 days

Yeah!

wsbca said:
Hoping to post officially to this thread in about 18 hours - just got the call from Pacific Nissan (San Diego) and scheduled our pickup for mid-day tomorrow!

Blue Ocean ETec
Ordered 8/31

did you get the "7 day" email?

turbo2ltr said:
wsbca said:
Hoping to post officially to this thread in about 18 hours - just got the call from Pacific Nissan (San Diego) and scheduled our pickup for mid-day tomorrow!

Blue Ocean ETec
Ordered 8/31

did you get the "7 day" email?

Yes, the 7 day email arrived at 8am today, the call from my dealer came this afternoon. My dashboard says week of Jan 11th.

wsbca said:

Blue Ocean ETec
Ordered 8/31

Interesting. I haven't heard from Pacific Nissan yet and according to Brian, I was the first person to order from them. Hmmmm....perhaps a call is in order! :eek:

edit: Spoke to someone at Pacific Nissan (not my salesguy). They have 4 Leafs, 2 being inspected and charged. Unknown if one is mine or even if mine has been delivered. A call to my saleguy's cell phone has gone unanswered.

Jimmydreams said:
They have 4 Leafs, 2 being inspected and charged. Unknown if one is mine or even if mine has been delivered. A call to my saleguy's cell phone has gone unanswered.

"Inspected" = used for test drives. :lol:

Well, congrats as it looks like you'll be in your car asap

Oh and this brings up a good question - how charged up are the cars when they arrive on the lot?

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Oh and this brings up a good question - how charged up are the cars when they arrive on the lot?
FWIW, Volts arrive on the lot with a 40% charge.

I just spoke to my dealer. I was the first one to order from them, they have 4 cars in, and none of them are mine. Needless to say, I was perplexed. Maybe we'll find out something tomorrow. (shrug) The VIN # they have is the correct one, and I'm pretty certain my car is in Long Beach. Beyond that, who knows?
:|

Mine is set for pick up at Pacific Nissan tomorrow....I'll post some pictures when I get them. When they called this afternoon they said it was 2/3 charged and on it way to full...

Jimmydreams said:
I just spoke to my dealer. I was the first one to order from them, they have 4 cars in, and none of them are mine. Needless to say, I was perplexed. Maybe we'll find out something tomorrow. (shrug) The VIN # they have is the correct one, and I'm pretty certain my car is in Long Beach. Beyond that, who knows?

I wonder if Nissan explicitly scheduled the flow of cars onto trucks from Long Beach based on the timing of the completed EVSE installs?

wsbca said:
Jimmydreams said:

I wonder if Nissan explicitly scheduled the flow of cars onto trucks from Long Beach based on the timing of the completed EVSE installs?

I wondered the same thing but my ESVE is not finished yet (waiting for the permit on my new 200amp panel). I should have it ready in a week or so if all goes well. I'm sure you'll get yours soon Jimmy.

Jimmydreams said:
I think once the cars come on the ship - they will go out in some random order as they getted QCed and accessories installed.

Jimmydreams said:
That is puzzling. First to order from that dealer should mean first to take ownership of a car, from what I understood. Clearly we still haven't been able to figure out Nissan's method of scheduling.

wsbca said:
Nissan has explicitly stated that whether or not one has an EVSE has absolutely nothing to do with their order timing. But who knows...

Back