Off Lease Nissan Leaf's in the PNW for sale!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlattAuto

Hello Nissan Leaf Forum,
I'd like to introduce my business to all of the fellow leaf owners on this Forum. My name is Greg Platt, I own Platt Auto Group we are an independent car dealer in the Portland area. We've been in business for over 15 years and have built a nice little family business. Historically we sold German imports, specifically VW and Audi. Then a little over a year ago we ended up with a Nissan leaf at the lot and we fell in love. Now we are really into the EV scene and sell a lot of the local used electric cars.
Lately Nissan Leafs have been a great value coming off lease. We typically stock over 40 used leafs, all of these come directly from Nissan Financial as off lease units. What makes us a little different then buying from any car dealer is that we all drive EV's and have a lot of real word experience with them. We have learned all the little tips and tricks of the Leafs, for example we offer a leaf spy printout on all of our cars for sale so you really know what you are buying. Plus we focus on Oregon and WA state cars.
We'd love any feedback from forum members about what they are looking for. We are also offering an additional $250 discount to any forum members that purchase a leaf from us. All you need is your forum ID, this is in addition to any other sale or special!

We Currently have the following Leafs in stock
1 2011 Leaf SL 41K miles
38 2012 Leaf SL's 2k to 32K miles
03 2013 Leaf SV's typically around 18K miles
01 2013 Leaf SL Premium 10K miles

We have cars as low as 2K miles, all of them are still covered under the factory warranty package. We are looking into a certified program just for leafs, plus we sell and install charge systems for homes. We price all of our cars well below the book values, and I personally hand pick every leaf so we avoid the problem cars.
Some exciting ideas we are working on are a 480 Quick Charge here at our dealership that we can offer for free to our customers, and at a very low cost to everyone else.
Feel free to visit our website [b]www.plattauto.com[/b] our inventory changes quickly so please call about specific cars.

My personal contact information is:
Greg Platt
503-453-0121
[email protected]

I know that we have sold many of the current members of the Forum their cars and we hope that all is well. Please let us know if anyone has any feedback for us.
Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

Sounds like an interesting used EV model, good luck to you. I especially like that you provide LEAF Spy info, and assume Carfax as well?

Do you know about the B1033 Exclusions and the Klee Settlement?

See this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are correct, free carfax, our own inspection report, 3 months free Sattelite radio and a bunch of other goodies. We even offer free deliver in most of Oregon and SW Washington, plus discounted long distance shipping. Funny thing though we have had many customers purchase a Leaf from us and drive it home over 600 miles or more!

I'm aware of the B1033 Exclusions and the settlement, I don't have in depth knowledge but a general understanding. In attempting to verify that all of our leafs have the most up to date software package we have had some information from the dealership about a few cars. I've never seen an excluded car, and assumed that most leaf owners that leased their cars wouldn't have opted out, if I'm completely wrong here please correct me.

I wish that we had a better source for the Nissan Information on a per car basis. We are also looking into better diagnostic equipment than the Spy software, all of our high end scanners have no support for the leaf.

http://www.plattauto.com/car/2011-nissan-leaf-sl-hatchback-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says cold weather pack but none of the tabs have the phrase heated seats. Someone in a hurry or nervous about making a mistake will be looking for that key phrase "heated seats". If I were you and a car has that feature, I'd make sure it's mentioned on both the comfort and equipment tabs.

btw what kind of ballpark are we talking about for shipment to TN. Is is closer to $500, $1000, $1500, $2000?

I like you. The Leaf Spy report is awesome. Were most of your cars driven in the PNW, or could they be from other, more southerly locations? ;)

Regardless, thanks for introducing yourself! I'll be looking to replace my leased SV Leaf with the same year loaded in about 4-5 months. Definitely be looking you guys up then.

PlattAuto said:
I've never seen an excluded car, and assumed that most leaf owners that leased their cars wouldn't have opted out, if I'm completely wrong here please correct me.

No, I think you're right. Why would they? I never did. Just checking. If I was buying used, it would be something I would want to know.

If you're getting your cars straight from NMAC, (at auction?), and mostly from the PNW, the pack profiles should all be pretty good. The stock Ecopias don't wear very well though, mine had the min 5/32 at lease return. New tires might help your sales. Even replacement EP422s have a better reputation than the originals.

PlattAuto said:
I wish that we had a better source for the Nissan Information on a per car basis. We are also looking into better diagnostic equipment than the Spy software, all of our high end scanners have no support for the leaf.

It may be a safe assumption that none of your cars is B0133 black-listed, but I'd for sure want to know if I were buying. Then again, customers who aren't already clued in will probably never know or care one way or the other.

With the volume of cars you have, it really would be a good idea to invest in Consult 3+. Not massively expensive, all things considered - you can buy it from Amazon for $1800 (which is much cheaper than it was a few years ago. Not that you could obtain one that easily at the time anyway).

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Nissan-Consult-3-Diagnostic-Programming/dp/B00GB7PIZS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You may even be able to make a bit of money from it, selling customers diagnostic info on their own cars and making configuration changes for them that can only be made though Consult 3+.

dhanson865 said:
http://www.plattauto.com/car/2011-nissan-leaf-sl-hatchback-3 says cold weather pack but none of the tabs have the phrase heated seats. Someone in a hurry or nervous about making a mistake will be looking for that key phrase "heated seats". If I were you and a car has that feature, I'd make sure it's mentioned on both the comfort and equipment tabs.

btw what kind of ballpark are we talking about for shipment to TN. Is is closer to $500, $1000, $1500, $2000?

dhanson865 Sorry about the website not showing heated seats, we are actually working on a new site that will be finished this week. Because of this all of the leaf inventory isn't up. Shipping to TN for us would be around $1000. We've actually shipped a lot of cars south for people that know about the climate issue for the batteries.

pkulak said:
I like you. The Leaf Spy report is awesome. Were most of your cars driven in the PNW, or could they be from other, more southerly locations? ;)

Regardless, thanks for introducing yourself! I'll be looking to replace my leased SV Leaf with the same year loaded in about 4-5 months. Definitely be looking you guys up then.

pkulak Thanks for the like! Good question, I only buy leafs from the PNW namely Oregon and Washington. Previously we had some from northern CA but they just weren't as good. Definitely come in when your lease is up, there is a Nissan dealer just down the road from us where you can turn in your Lease. A customer just did that, he had a 2012, turned it in and purchased another 2012 with half the miles from us for something like $5000 less then his residual. It was the exact same color and option car, pretty funny.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
PlattAuto said:
I've never seen an excluded car, and assumed that most leaf owners that leased their cars wouldn't have opted out, if I'm completely wrong here please correct me.

No, I think you're right. Why would they? I never did. Just checking. If I was buying used, it would be something I would want to know.

If you're getting your cars straight from NMAC, (at auction?), and mostly from the PNW, the pack profiles should all be pretty good. The stock Ecopias don't wear very well though, mine had the min 5/32 at lease return. New tires might help your sales. Even replacement EP422s have a better reputation than the originals.

DNAinaGoodWay
You are right, the stock tires are absolute junk. We replace any of the tires that are showing off wear, or are less than about 30%. Most of the cars that we get in with 17K or more miles typically have been replaced already. Unfortunately a lot of times the previous owners have put some pretty odd tires on them.

mwalsh said:
PlattAuto said:

It may be a safe assumption that none of your cars is B0133 black-listed, but I'd for sure want to know if I were buying. Then again, customers who aren't already clued in will probably never know or care one way or the other.

With the volume of cars you have, it really would be a good idea to invest in Consult 3+. Not massively expensive, all things considered - you can buy it from Amazon for $1800 (which is much cheaper than it was a few years ago. Not that you could obtain one that easily at the time anyway).

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Nissan-Consult-3-Diagnostic-Programming/dp/B00GB7PIZS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You may even be able to make a bit of money from it, selling customers diagnostic info on their own cars and making configuration changes for them that can only be made though Consult 3+.

mwalsh,
I've been looking into the Consult 3+ but all of the equipment on the internet has been a little suspicious. Tech-Mate is the official supplier of the factory Consult 3+ but it doesn't look like they allow aftermarket shop to connect to the Nissan servers. For example with our Audi VW equipment we have a subscription service where we can connect to the German Server and do nearly anything a franchise shop can do, including keys. Hopefully we can figure this out because I have an idea of building a one off leaf.

adric22 said:
I guess you are just selling the Leaf, not any other plug-in cars like the Volt, Cmax Energi, etc?

adric22
We are selling everything, we've even had 2 of the Mercedes B class cars already. The Volts come and go really quick, and it's hard to find a steady supply of them. Since it's a Leaf forum I was sticking to those in the discussions. Most car dealers don't want much to do with the EV cars, we hear some pretty funny stories from customers who have looked at cars other places. My favorite is the very common attempt to fill the car with gas at a station when they are on a test drive, probably not the best place to buy a Leaf from!

PlattAuto said:
adric22
We are selling everything, we've even had 2 of the Mercedes B class cars already. The Volts come and go really quick, and it's hard to find a steady supply of them. Since it's a Leaf forum I was sticking to those in the discussions. Most car dealers don't want much to do with the EV cars, we hear some pretty funny stories from customers who have looked at cars other places. My favorite is the very common attempt to fill the car with gas at a station when they are on a test drive, probably not the best place to buy a Leaf from!
I was asking because I looked at your website and didn't see any plug-in cars listed other than the Leaf. But I wasn't sure because you said you had over 40 Leafs and there weren't even that many on the website. So I wondered if you had other cars that weren't listed.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
PlattAuto said:

there were a few that leased AND opted out simply because they were not sure what they were going to do at the end of the lease but new reports of an updated settlement will give the option to opt back in for all

adric22 said:
PlattAuto said:
adric22
I was asking because I looked at your website and didn't see any plug-in cars listed other than the Leaf. But I wasn't sure because you said you had over 40 Leafs and there weren't even that many on the website. So I wondered if you had other cars that weren't listed.

adric22,
yes, we have had some website issues that will be fixed at the end of this week, unfortunately we have only a limited number of cars up right now, but all of the cars are going out to our other advertising. The Nissan leaf is the most readily available EV right now, especially for the money. We hope to have a little of everything going forward.

vwDavid said:
looking for a 2013 to import into canada. I don't see any 2013s on the list??

David,
Hi, sorry our inventory changes pretty quickly. We have about 7 2013's right now. Are you looking for an S, SV or SL model. In the last month we have sold a handful of these leafs to Canadian residents so we're pretty familiar with the process.
Greg

Greg Platt is at the top of my list right now for buying a used LEAF and I'm a $400 flight away from him. Still debating if a used 2013 SL is better than a new 2015 S in terms of cost savings and mileage.

I love his website, very neat and clear to read and easy to find the cars that are in my range of interest. His openess over the phone, not the typical car dealer experience I've been having, because he knows what he is talking about and gives out honest answers quickly (I know this because I asked him questions I knew the answers to) and has the heart of a teacher.

Once we get our funds in order, I'll probably be calling him to see what he has at that time and flying out there to choose one for shipment back to Utah. I hate flying too, but I'm excited to get out there to meet him. You guys up in Portland don't know how lucky you are to have Greg, I guess it helps that he has a great market to pull from, but just sayin.

Hi Greg,
I am considering a purchase of a used Nissan Leaf from the USA. Your business looks quite attractive and promising to me. No dealership I wrote to earlier would discuss Leaf Spy and battery state. For me the state of the battery is extremely important because I cannot rely upon American Nissan warranty as Leafs are not supplied to Russia officially.
Is it possible to purchase a 2013 or later production Leaf for export to Russia? I shell need it delivered to the port of Novorossiysk, Russian Federation. According to local rules I can import a used car that is from 3 to 5 years old according to its production date at the moment of entering Russian customs.

Just concluded my purchase of a 2013 SV with 18K miles from Platt Auto Group and I can't say enough about the great experience it was. Greg Platt is a terrific guy, very knowledgeable about the cars, operations, concerns, things to consider, things not to worry about, etc. We made a trip down from Olympia, WA to Greg's site in Milwaukie, OR. He had probably 40 Leafs on his lot, with more scheduled to arrive later that day. Greg gave us time to test drive a couple of Leafs and then got down to details about what he still had that was yet to arrive. We decided we wanted a 2013 SV with Quick Charge, low miles, and if it could be a RED one, that would be great. It so happened that one vehicle scheduled to arrive late that afternoon matched our requirements. Late in the day we got back to the lot and settled the deal on the car. We had considered driving it back to Olympia that day but Greg strongly suggested instead that he wanted his detail shop to go through the car and make it look perfect. "Not to worry about coming back down to Milwaukie"(135 miles one way) says Greg, "I'll have it delivered to your home, at no extra charge." He did just that and we love the car.

I just took a glance at his inventory. Boy, we've come a long way. You can now have a Leaf an any color you want, as long as it's black.;)

Back