The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy and I are picking ours up from Fontana Nissan tomorrow (1-4-11) (both red) and driving them home to San Diego, 111 miles south (my vin is 200). Wish us luck. We have friends in Temecula (at 120v) if we wimp out as we pass by coming down I-15. We'll see... 50 mph is the target. You'll notice me cuz my stuffed polar bear will be in the back window.

Malcolm :geek:

leafme said:
Randy and I are picking ours up from Fontana Nissan tomorrow (1-4-11) (both red) and driving them home to San Diego, 111 miles south (my vin is 200). Wish us luck. We have friends in Temecula (at 120v) if we wimp out as we pass by coming down I-15. We'll see... 50 mph is the target. You'll notice me cuz my stuffed polar bear will be in the back window.

Malcolm :geek:

Good luck on the trip guys! So that's who the other red LEAF's on that truck belong to. I will get mine either tomorrow night or on Wed. So exciting!

-Peter

I told Malcolm "The capacity of the battery will never be higher than when new, right?" "Let's drive it!!!!" There's no adventure in flat-bedding them down to SD...

But just for backup's sake, does anyone have a recently installed EVSE along the I-15 corridor? Ha Ha....We'll be in ECO mode the whole way....

It'll be good for a story, that's for sure....

Randy

with no climate control, it can be done. i would use Mission Blvd (very heavy traffic, but a main surface street. hypermile it. its multi-lane and has long stretches where lights are like a mile apart (at least it was last time i was there and that was a long time ago) but road is very straight in a lot of places so you can see the lights several blocks ahead. take advantage of the regen. coast a lot.

now you will get honks and half will because you are going a bit slower, the other half will be because its a LEAF!!

johnr said:
Jimmydreams said:
I just spoke to my dealer. I was the first one to order from them, they have 4 cars in, and none of them are mine. Needless to say, I was perplexed. Maybe we'll find out something tomorrow. (shrug) The VIN # they have is the correct one, and I'm pretty certain my car is in Long Beach. Beyond that, who knows?
:|
That is puzzling. First to order from that dealer should mean first to take ownership of a car, from what I understood. Clearly we still haven't been able to figure out Nissan's method of scheduling.
evnow said:
I think once the cars come on the ship - they will go out in some random order as they getted QCed and accessories installed.

I'm guessing EVNOW has the right idea. By the time the cars are loaded, offloaded, QCed and accessories installed and stored on the lot, the order gets a bit mixed up. Not how it oughta be, but who knows? Hopefully, another truck will arrive today at Pacific Nissan with my RAT on it. ;)

Randy said:
I told Malcolm "The capacity of the battery will never be higher than when new, right?" "Let's drive it!!!!" There's no adventure in flat-bedding them down to SD...

But just for backup's sake, does anyone have a recently installed EVSE along the I-15 corridor? Ha Ha....We'll be in ECO mode the whole way....

It'll be good for a story, that's for sure....

Randy

I have a new EVSE in South Oceanside, at the 78/5 interchange. If you're going coastal and need a charge, let me know.

well Jimmy, i feel your pain... a bit too personally than i want to feel to be honest with ya.

i want to know why it will take at least an additional week (or more) for a truck with my Leaf to make a 30 hour drive?

if We in the Northwest were any part at all of the first 90 (i am beginning to think we are not and our cars will be dropped off at Portland or Tacoma like all other cars are)

but if Nissan is proactively doing extra inspections to insure the cars work as advertised and have some other process that cannot be done at the factory, then maybe doing that at one location is more feasible. so it would be inspected off the boat, then inspected for damage after each shipping carrier change for insurance purposes, etc. which from truck to dealer should only be a few hours... so what is the delay and why dont we have a dashboard update and why do we have a VIN? when is it assigned?? i would have to assume....

then again, i am tired of assuming!!

Jimmydreams said:
Randy said:
But just for backup's sake, does anyone have a recently installed EVSE along the I-15 corridor?
I have a new EVSE in South Oceanside, at the 78/5 interchange. If you're going coastal and need a charge, let me know.
And don't forget any and all LEAF-certified Nissan dealers in between. :)

LEAFer said:
Jimmydreams said:
Randy said:
But just for backup's sake, does anyone have a recently installed EVSE along the I-15 corridor?

Perhaps find one and have lunch

EVDRIVER said:
LEAFer said:
[

Perhaps find one and have lunch

"Hi! I....uhhh....I just bought a LEAF at a different Nissan dealer, twice as far from my house as you are, because they are so awesome and gave me a good price....so....uh....hey! you are awesome too! Can you give me some free electricity? If you do me a solid, maybe I'll pick you for my oil changes and such...or....uhhh....errr....."

wsbca said:
"Hi! I....uhhh....I just bought a LEAF at a different Nissan dealer, twice as far from my house as you are, because they are so awesome and gave me a good price....so....uh....hey! you are awesome too! Can you give me some free electricity? If you do me a solid, maybe I'll pick you for my oil changes and such...or....uhhh....errr....."
:lol: Funny !

If it's a reasonable dealer they'd want to see one of the first LEAFs in real life. Plus Nissan corporate requires publicly available chargers ... and you could offer to get your annual battery check done there as well as the brake fluid changes.

Still ... yes, that's funny ! :lol:

LEAFer said:
Randy said:
Mossy Nissan Escondido (at the 78 and the 15) have EVSEs available for the public. They are receiving a Federal tax credit for the EVSEs, so you shouldn't feel like you are taking advantage of them by using their stations. I would call ahead of time because if they get a transporter of LEAFs in, then the EVSEs may be all busy.

Most certainly I would charge up at any Nissan dealer along the way if you need to. This is what they're there for.

Other customers would also see you charging and ask the salesmen "That there one of them newfangled electric Leafs? That's the damndest thing I ever saw!" This would not only be good PR for the dealer but to show the cars are in actual use on the road.

bodengroden said:
Mine is set for pick up at Pacific Nissan tomorrow....
Good on ya, Mate! Can't say I am not extremely jealous. :cry: Wish it was me going down there to pick mine up, but I'm afraid our EV project home assessment pushed us way back in line. Hope everything goes smoothly and deliveries start getting hot and heavy over the next few weeks. Looking forward to the feedback here on the whole experience while waiting. It's hard to be patient, but I can live vicariously and maybe learn something in the meantime.

TT

Back