Schneider EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to reopen an old thread, but this seemed like the best place for this.
Schneider Electric has earned another customer for life.
I have a March 2012, 1st generation EVLink EV2430WS for my 2012 Leaf. Since June of 2016 I have had an intermittent problem, which is becoming more frequent (almost daily), of my charging stopping after making good contact and the blue dash charging light showing a proper charge. The EVSE would have no error lights, but the car would throw EVSE and on-board charger DTCs. Nissan had the car twice for over 2 weeks but could find nothing wrong.
I contacted Schneider's customer service and received the best service experience I can remember in a long time. The first lady took my information and less than an hour later, very knowledgeable technician called back. He stayed on the phone while I turned off the breaker and opened the EVSE.
We found no obvious indications of overheating, just minor discoloration. BUT, he said that in the interest of customer safety, they would send me a full replacement unit at no cost. Yes, that is a 5 year old unit not under recall, but Schneider is replacing it because they are a quality company that values their customers.
I have gotten so jaded by lousy customer service over the past (many) years, that this act of outstanding service has put a smile on my face for 2 straight days. Well done Schneider Electric.

I have been using my indoor EVLINK for 2 1/2 years. It is great. I can charge at about 30-35% charge per hour (great!!)

Before I bought it, I managed to call the company with questions. Each time, there was a live person on the line immediately, and they spent a lot of time answering questions.

I will continue to buy EVLINK in the future....

Back