Rent a Leaf near Seattle?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdrew

Hello folks, I'm interested in learning more about owning and driving a Leaf. Leasing for three years is too much of a commitment for me right now, I'd like to rent one for a week and try it out. On another post (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=14241) from 2011, it said Enterprise was the only real place to rent a Leaf. Anyone else know of other options for a nice week long test drive of a Leaf? Thanks!

Call around some of the dealers. I rented a 2015 LEAF S last spring from Bellevue Nissan for a few days. Too bad Nissan doesn't have the same "three day test drive" that BMW USA has with the i3 (which I also tried out before the LEAF; I was sad to turn the i3 back in, but the LEAF tipped the scales on price and other factors). A few days driving an EV will likely make you view your ICEV as a smelly, vibrating, noisy Rube Goldberg machine.

gshepherd said:
Call around some of the dealers. I rented a 2015 LEAF S last spring from Bellevue Nissan for a few days. Too bad Nissan doesn't have the same "three day test drive" that BMW USA has with the i3 (which I also tried out before the LEAF; I was sad to turn the i3 back in, but the LEAF tipped the scales on price and other factors). A few days driving an EV will likely make you view your ICEV as a smelly, vibrating, noisy Rube Goldberg machine.
and slow response to throttle. that was the biggest thing I noticed and still miss when I drive an ICE car. you press the pedal and you have to wait for the power to hit the road. the Leaf.. the moment you touch or change you get it to the road the instant you want it.

ended up going with a week long rent on Turo. Loved it. Bought a 2013 Leaf S with quick charge. Super happy!

Back