Get your original window sticker from Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jjeff said:
I wonder if this only works for Leafs that were originally leased? I know some people have been speculating it only works for later '13 and on models but my '13 is a November build and it doesn't work :( can't get much later than November. All I can think of is my '13 was purchased, I didn't lease, could this be the case? Has anyone been able to pull up a purchased Leaf of '13 build, or really any purchased Leaf would be also interesting....
BrockWI got his leaf in 3-'13(probably build date of Jan or Feb '13.....)and it worked so that kind of eliminates the idea of early '13's not working, not sure if his was leased or originally purchased though.
Basically all '13's I've checked off CL work but then again I'd assume almost all were leased.

Mine was built in 1/13, and originally leased in Georgia in 2/13. I purchased it in 3/15. It doesn't work for my VIN.
http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?1N4AZ0CP0DC402162

baustin said:
jjeff said:
I wonder if this only works for Leafs that were originally leased? I know some people have been speculating it only works for later '13 and on models but my '13 is a November build and it doesn't work :( can't get much later than November. All I can think of is my '13 was purchased, I didn't lease, could this be the case? Has anyone been able to pull up a purchased Leaf of '13 build, or really any purchased Leaf would be also interesting....
BrockWI got his leaf in 3-'13(probably build date of Jan or Feb '13.....)and it worked so that kind of eliminates the idea of early '13's not working, not sure if his was leased or originally purchased though.
Basically all '13's I've checked off CL work but then again I'd assume almost all were leased.

Mine was built in 1/13, and originally leased in Georgia in 2/13. I purchased it in 3/15. It doesn't work for my VIN.
http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?1N4AZ0CP0DC402162

your VIN is nearly identical to mine build 11/13 and mine worked (only because I checked it 5 seconds ago) but I posted above that my 2011 worked and I thought it had but I tried it yesterday and it didn't so "maybe" it didn't before. Thinking I should have screen shot it but didn't see the need at the time...

I browsed several dozen CPO ads and there are several links to the original sticker but I don't see any pattern to it. Its all pretty random...

I thought that my leaf: 1N4AZ0CP2DC410859 was originally leased, but it doesn't show up. Maybe it wasn't?

I wonder if the only ones that show up were at one time listed on the CPO site, so that Nissan generated the window sticker and loaded it to that server.

jjeff said:

Sandman333 said:
I thought that my leaf: 1N4AZ0CP2DC410859 was originally leased, but it doesn't show up. Maybe it wasn't?

I wonder if the only ones that show up were at one time listed on the CPO site, so that Nissan generated the window sticker and loaded it to that server.

jjeff said:

I'll have to dig out the CarFax and look. I believe mine was listed for sale as a CPO, after it came off lease and before it went to auction. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing it has more to do with the build date than anything else.

After EXTENSIVE testing of several VINs, I have come to the conclusion that the cars that work do not seem to fit any discernible pattern. A lot of them work and a lot don't. Looks like only American built works but every MY had ones that worked and didn't work. Both purchased and leased had ones that worked and didn't work...

DaveinOlyWA said:
After EXTENSIVE testing of several VINs, I have come to the conclusion that the cars that work do not seem to fit any discernible pattern. A lot of them work and a lot don't. Looks like only American built works but every MY had ones that worked and didn't work. Both purchased and leased had ones that worked and didn't work...
Also having used this EXTENSIVELY over the last week(my bother is looking for a used Leaf) I totally agree with you. The only given, like you said, is no 11's or 12's work, otherwise as you said, it's basically a crap shoot. Still handy to have when it works and I'd love to know why it works and other times not(even for '14s I've tired) but it is what it is :D

jjeff said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Also having used this EXTENSIVELY over the last week(my bother is looking for a used Leaf) I totally agree with you. The only given, like you said, is no 11's or 12's work, otherwise as you said, it's basically a crap shoot. Still handy to have when it works and I'd love to know why it works and other times not(even for '14s I've tired) but it is what it is :D

At least the CARFAX works on all of them...

DaveinOlyWA said:
jjeff said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

True, which most dealers provide for N/C, unfortunately I've found many smaller dealers and of course the rare private party will never supply.

jjeff said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
jjeff said:

True, which most dealers provide for N/C, unfortunately I've found many smaller dealers and of course the rare private party will never supply.

well this was from the Nissan CPO site. Most other dealers only supply them on demand. Its nice to be able to click on links and get the basics. This is a good way to find out if the car was purchased or leased.

Worked on my 2016 US car, thanks! These links are gold when you buy a used car and want to know how it was built, so when I was wrenching on old Volvo's and VW's we used to troll around the interweb for VIN decoders but this is so much better. The only manufacturer I've seen that exposed this fairly easily was Ford, but I guess most must do it to perform service functions and just sell cars.

Great find thanks!

Here's mine:

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?1N4BZ0CP5GC308884

Scaramanga said:
Worked on my 2016 US car, thanks! These links are gold when you buy a used car and want to know how it was built, so when I was wrenching on old Volvo's and VW's we used to troll around the interweb for VIN decoders but this is so much better. The only manufacturer I've seen that exposed this fairly easily was Ford, but I guess most must do it to perform service functions and just sell cars.

Great find thanks!

Here's mine:

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?1N4BZ0CP5GC308884

mine works too. In fact both my 2013 and 2016 worked. But I have also had several 2013's that didn't work. weird

I had been pouring over the Interwebs trying to find a window sticker that even just sort of matched my 2015 SV I bought last week. Thanks so much for this, it made my day!!!

mrggg said:
Here is a little trick I cooked up. I was looking at Nissan's website at used Leaf's, and they have a cute little link to show you the original window sticker. When I looked at the link, I could see that the VIN number was part of it. So, I then tried substituting other VIN numbers I could see on Autotrader, and sure enough, I got the original window sticker ! I expect it would work for any Nissan vehicle, not just Leaf's. I found this particularly useful when shopping used Leaf's, since many dealers neglect to tell you if the car has a quick charger or faster fast charger. The window sticker will tell you all options as shipped.

Here is an example, just cut out the VIN number at the end and substitute yours :

http://cpo.nissanusa.com/nna/?1N4AZ0CP3EC338152

Nice! Awesome tip! Thanks! Works on my Nissan LEAF 2017 S model, bought CPO from Nissan Dealer, off a personal lease return.

Hello!

Has anyone else tried to use the cpo.nissanusa.com site lately to look up stickers? It doesn't seem to be responding right now. Hopefully it's a momentary outage.

On a related note, are there any other good sites out there for checking exact factory installed Leaf options by VIN that are accurate (and preferably free)? I've searched and found several sites that provide a variety of information but their completeness and accuracy seem questionable in most cases.

Thanks in advance for ideas or guidance.

Back