iOS Version of LeafSpy Pro development discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next test release coming out next week adds the ability to change how the Headlight "Auto" function works.

One useful change is to be able to set the Auto Off Delay to zero. When in Auto Headlight mode and the lights are On they will turn off the moment all the doors are closed.

We have a garage door opener so there was never a need to have the Headlights stay on for the default setting of 45 seconds. This meant we had to switch out of auto mode when we turned the Leaf off. Setting the delay to zero means we can now leave the Headlight control in Auto mode all the time.

Also added a feature to display the ECU version and serial number information.

JxdE0F.png
050uQd.png
QJJz90.png

Here is an updated version of LeafSpy Pro that now supports reading the VSP and AVM ECUs (Vehicle Sound Processor and All Around View Monitor). DTCs can now also be read from these ECUs.

Thanks to Andrew for letting me borrow his 2013 Leaf overnight for development and testing out these two ECUs.

This version should be out for testing on Monday.

Hl0PDA.png

^^^
Very interesting. I see charger 3NF6B and that's mentioned as one of many "part numbers" in NTB16-006.

I see 3NF7B for BRAKE. NTB15-089 (aka brake system recall aka P5327) has "CURRENT BRAKE PART NUMBER BEFORE REPROGRAMMING:46007 -" that includes 3NF7A. It doesn't have an after part number, but 3NF7B makes sense.

A new test version should be available sometime on Monday through TestFlight.

One new feature is an Efficiency Bar graph which will display the last 32 samples. Each sample is taken at 1 km intervals. At the start of each drive the first factional km is discarded so it may take up to 1.9999 km before the first bar appears. The most recent sample appears on the right.

You can display in distance /kWh or Wh/distance. I recommend using Wh/Distance. You can switch between the two by swiping up or down.

The Clear button can be used to erase the oldest sample or if held down will clear all samples. You can only permanently clear when connected to the Leaf. If not connected the sample(s) will be cleared but will reappear when the app is started again.

The numeric value of the most recent sample is displayed at the top center and the range low to high of all samples is displayed bottom center.

Here is an example of what it looks like. I live on a bit of a hill so the drive out uses less energy then the drive back in this example.The very low reading of 1.6 Wh/mile is at the bottom after coming to a full stop so is offset with regen energy.
WsF8Oy.png

Turbo3 said:
...updated version of LeafSpy Pro that now supports reading the VSP...

Please excuse my ignorance, but can LSP's new version also control the VSP (on, off) as was possible by dash switch in MY11? That would be awesome and so much easier than wiring in a new switch in later model years!

Turbo3 said:
The next test release coming out next week adds the ability to change how the Headlight "Auto" function works.

One useful change is to be able to set the Auto Off Delay to zero.

For anyone who may not be aware as an FYI, you can change the AutoOff headlight timing from with the nav head menus. I would assume this means the SV and SL only. From p2-42 of MY12 user manual:

Automatic headlights off delay:
You can keep the headlights on for up to 180 seconds after you push the power switch to OFF and open any door then close all the doors.
You can adjust the period of the automatic headlights off delay from 0 seconds (OFF) to 180 seconds. The factory default setting is 45 seconds.

You are then referred to the Nav Manual for the specific steps to actually do this. The ability to accomplish this in a far easier fashion (I've come to really hate the nav unit) through LSP would be a wonderful addition to LSP's functionality and I'm looking forward to it being in the final distribution version.

SalisburySam said:
Turbo3 said:
...updated version of LeafSpy Pro that now supports reading the VSP...

Please excuse my ignorance, but can LSP's new version also control the VSP (on, off) as was possible by dash switch in MY11? That would be awesome and so much easier than wiring in a new switch in later model years!
I don't know the command sequence to control the VSP but if I should learn it I will add that function into LeafSpy Pro.

Hey Jim,
any update on this iOS version these days? I'm now interested in finally upgrading my WattsLeft for this, and it's not clear to me if I should get a OBDII dongle for iOS (my preference) or Android at this point.

Electric4Me said:
Hey Jim,
any update on this iOS version these days? I'm now interested in finally upgrading my WattsLeft for this, and it's not clear to me if I should get a OBDII dongle for iOS (my preference) or Android at this point.

For iOS I recommend the LELink Bluetooth 4.x LE available from Amazon. It will also work with the latest version of LeafSpy Pro for Android.

In both the latest iOS beta (v1.4.20) and at least the previous released version, the "Service Screen" setting does not survive across restarts of the app.

Steps to reproduce:
* Open app, go to settings
* Toggle on Service Screen
* Tap Done
* Force quit the app
* Reopen app and notice only 4 screens, go to settings to confirm.

It doesn't seem to matter how long you use the app for or whether you force quit it or if iOS shuts it down after some inactivity, the setting is never persisted.

joeshaw said:
In both the latest iOS beta (v1.4.20) and at least the previous released version, the "Service Screen" setting does not survive across restarts of the app.

Steps to reproduce:
* Open app, go to settings
* Toggle on Service Screen
* Tap Done
* Force quit the app
* Reopen app and notice only 4 screens, go to settings to confirm.

It doesn't seem to matter how long you use the app for or whether you force quit it or if iOS shuts it down after some inactivity, the setting is never persisted.
This is working as designed and documented in the Help file.

By default the Service function is disable to prevent accidentally making changes.

It has always working this way.

A new test version will be uploaded to iTunes later today with the following changes.

Version 1.5.22 (Test Release)

- Better detection of Viecar OBDII adapters by only requiring the broadcast name to include the string "Viecar".

- Switched Dropbox code to use API 2 because support for API 1 is being terminated by Dropbox.

- Fixed bug where disabling Dropbox would not stop syncing with Dropbox unless app was killed.

- Added new button to Dropbox panel when Dropbox sync is disabled. This new button allows you to reset the Dropbox ID used so you can log into a different Dropbox account. A LONG press is required to activate this reset.

- Preliminary support for the 2018 Leaf. Currently the odometer cannot be read so all functions that require distance are disabled when model year 2018 is selected.

- Model year 2018 is automatically selected for US 2018 Leafs based on VIN. For other countries you need to manually select Model Year 2018 in order for LeafSpy Pro to work correctly.

CWO4Mann said:
What is the exact name of the Leaf Spy for the Apple iOS? All of my searches including many variations of "leaf", etc returned negative results.
Here is a link to it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leafspy-pro/id967376861?mt=8

You need to be in the iOS tester's group to try the test versions. Just send me an email at contact address below to be added

Not sure if this is the right place to make a request. I love the addition of the ability to turn off some of the sounds. I kept the slow speed sound, but removed the back up chimes.

I also enjoyed customizing how the auto lock/ unlock functions. These are wonderful features, thank you for adding them.

Is there a way you can add the ability to turn off the door open alarm/ beeping? This is my larges pet peve with the car. If you turn the car off with the door open, it won't stop until you close the door.

Thanks- AMB

Back