Lousy turn-in experience at South Bay Nissan, California

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JanStrnad

I decided to turn in my 2015 LEAF at the end of the lease. I called my dealer to make an appointment to turn it in and was told to just come in, no appointment was needed.

So I went in to South Bay Nissan in Torrance, CA.

The first question the receptionist asked was, "Do you have an appointment?" I told her what I'd been told. She went to check with the only finance guy on duty, Damian Soto. She reported back to me that he was with a customer but that I could wait. I said I'd wait.

An hour and a half later, I was still waiting. I checked in with the receptionist who told me, "Actually, he had two customers." Okay. I said I'd wait.

Two customers became three, three became four, four became five and I was waiting for more than three hours. Finally I received help from the manager to get in to see Damian Soto who, although he knew I was waiting, had kept bumping me down the line. Damian Soto apologized... for the receptionist, not himself, for not making an appointment for me.

It took all of three minutes for Damian Soto to process my return. For this, he had kept me waiting more than three hours.

I understand that he probably prioritized finalizing sales over processing a lease return, but I was still a customer and he could have taken three minutes in between sales to take care of me and at the very least honored my place in line rather than continually bumping me for others.

I have never been so disrespected by any car dealer or, for that matter, any retailer of any kind as I was that afternoon by Damian Soto at South Bay Nissan.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I hope you forward this post to the finance jerk, to the dealership, and to Nissan corporate.
Make sure all recipients know who else is reading the letter.

Based upon your experience I can guarantee that I will never buy a Nissan from this dealer. I probably will not get one outside of San Diego either, but I stand with you, brother.

They were a fairly good overall dealer, having been in the South Bay for over 25 years until they were sold about
a year ago and moved to their present very small location. As result of the sale and move, they lost many good
staff members. Unfortunately, I also made a similar mistake using them to process my Leaf buyout, which took
over 2.5 hours.

SageBrush said:
I hope you forward this post to the finance jerk, to the dealership, and to Nissan corporate.
Make sure all recipients know who else is reading the letter.
At least be sure to let Nissan Corporate know. This was blatant and needs to be addressed.

Back