LEAF 2 : What we know so far (2018 or later?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SageBrush said:
Perhaps because I am not a Nissan victim, I don't really question when Nissan knew the extent of the problems their battery tech would encounter in higher temperature climates. My beef is their response and refusal to accept responsibility; and their miserable treatment of their early adopters. Anybody not aware of the behaviour should read @Drees for a representative case history.

I know that Nissan is much better these last 12 months or so but I frankly chalk that up to a cynical positioning in advance of the LEAF2 debut. And even now Nissan Corporate is nothing to appreciate. Another thread here this week has a post from a fellow who is 5 months past warranty in a car with SEVEN bars. It is no great leaf of faith to imagine that the car lost over 65% of capacity in under 5 years yet Nissan in its generosity still charged $2000 for a pack replacement.

So this individual went to Nissan after the warranty had expired, and they charged him 36% of the price of a new battery, when the terms say they owe him nothing? Gosh, what an evil corporation! :roll:

LeftieBiker said:
You mean, of course, "the terms" of the lawsuit settlement, because there was no capacity warranty at all.
I thought it was more that there was a capacity warranty as a result of the lawsuit settlement.

Maybe just semantics.. ;-)

desiv

desiv said:
LeftieBiker said:
You mean, of course, "the terms" of the lawsuit settlement, because there was no capacity warranty at all.
I thought it was more that there was a capacity warranty as a result of the lawsuit settlement.

Maybe just semantics.. ;-)

desiv

We both mean the same thing. There was no capacity warranty, and Nissan refused to replace packs with several bars lost under the defect warranty, despite their promises of only slow degradation. So the lawsuit happened, and under the settlement agreement, there was a capacity warranty. For years after that, Nissan did their level best to honor only the exact wording of the agreement, going so far as to deny one claim because the car arrived at the dealership with one mile more than 60,000. They only started to play nice a year or two ago. So this is not ancient history, especially in light of the 30kwh pack LeafSpy figures.

LeftieBiker said:
They only started to play nice a year or two ago. So this is not ancient history, especially in light of the 30kwh pack LeafSpy figures.
Good to see that..
It's more than I expect from most car companies..
(Or more than I expect from most any large business for that matter.. Not much faith in anything beyond the letter of the law. ;-) )

desiv

desiv said:
It's more than I expect from most car companies..
desiv
True, and all the more reason to pick a car company that does offer good customer support.

No less important though, Nissan is the only company offering a car EXPECTED to lose some 35% of its useful range by the time the warranty expires and to exhibit significant performance degradation years earlier. That puts them in a corner of the class all by themselves.

GetOffYourGas said:
Out of curiosity, how many plan on watching the presentation live? I probably will. The timing works out well - the kids' bedtime is 8, and the presentation starts at 8:30 EDT.

Yep, I'm in. Looking forward to hearing the details!

First review is up - in German and before the embargo has lifted.
And it looks as if they have driven it.

http://www.focus.de/auto/elektroauto/fahrbericht-nissan-leaf-2-500-kilometer-reichweite-viel-billiger-als-tesla-der-neue-nissan-leaf-im-ersten-test_id_7554712.html#a6330c8a620b8ff07ab796fd4c70d0ae

Most of it is behind a pay view wall and you have to use a google translate or similar.

Appears to be a performance model Leaf E-plus! More power, faster and more range.

Not sure if what the testing is done for the range but it quotes 380km and 500km.

Take everything with a grain of skepticism - it is a rough translation.

No longer behind a paywall.
Figures are very impressive.
Definitely going to be very competitive with the TESLA model 3.
I'm very impressed!!

I cant figure out how to post photos here - maybe someone else can.

Nice interior and exterior shots.

Looks better than the previous model, but not as good as most EV's IMHO

A lot of front overhang. Why? Tesla Model 3 has way less overhang, and the i3 also has way less.

leaf2.jpg

Reminds me of the Datsun 120Y in the rear quarter area:

datsun120Y3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back