iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having trouble finding an adaptor where I live. Can anyone tell me if this one would work with iOS?: https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/meters-testers/auction-1449533576.htm

Model: Konnwei KW902 Bluetooth

spike said:
I'm having trouble finding an adaptor where I live. Can anyone tell me if this one would work with iOS?: https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/tools-repair-kits/meters-testers/auction-1449533576.htm

Model: Konnwei KW902 Bluetooth
No, that one is for Android. For iOS you need a BLE OBDII adapter that is supported by LeafSpy. There is a list of supported ones in the built-in help. I have also tested the Veepeak if it is available in your area but you will need a small config file to use it until the next release.

For the past week, I have gotten the exact same Ahrs level each day: 56.77. This seems weird, since up until a week ago, the level would fluctuate every day within a 54 to 58 range.

I thought maybe I could reset LeafSpy somehow, but I don't see a way to do that. I tried unplugging and re-inserting my OBDI adapter, but that didn't change it either.

Is this just coincidence, or might something else be going on?

David

I installed the OBD and App about a month ago. While I am still on a steep learning curve of all that it offers, I found an interesting chart that includes SOH. In the last month the SOH has gone from 94% to 91% in 9 trips. The 2017 SV has 3500 miles, purchased new 6 months ago, and has 33 QCs and 115 L1/L2. Is there reason to be concerned? Thanks for any wisdom.

stevek said:
I installed the OBD and App about a month ago. While I am still on a steep learning curve of all that it offers, I found an interesting chart that includes SOH. In the last month the SOH has gone from 94% to 91% in 9 trips. The 2017 SV has 3500 miles, purchased new 6 months ago, and has 33 QCs and 115 L1/L2. Is there reason to be concerned? Thanks for any wisdom.
AHr, SOH and Hx numbers will move around a bit. However, I see you're in South FL and you have the 30 kWh Leaf.

We have numerous reports of 1 to 4 capacity bar losers on 30 kWh Leafs at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23606. The 3 and 4 bar losers are in warmer/hotter climates, including Florida.

What's the build month on your Leaf? It's on the driver's side door sticker.

So far, it seems like the 30 kWh batteries are crap from a degradation POV.

Bought iCar III Bluetooth 4.0 and LeafSpy Pro to start learning more about my LEAF.

Despite the dongle is endorsed by Jim, my iPhone SE (running iOS 11), just couldn't see the dongle on the Bluetooth device list.

Am I missing anything? Your experiences and wisdom are much appreciated.

[Update on 24 Nov. 2017 ]

Connection issue has been fixed by downloading GeekOBD_Vgate (free) and running it prior to launching LeafSpy Pro.

FlyRay said:
Bought iCar III Bluetooth 4.0 and LeafSpy Pro to start learning more about my LEAF.

Despite the dongle is endorsed by Jim, my iPhone SE (running iOS 11), just couldn't see the dongle on the Bluetooth device list.

Am I missing anything? Your experiences and wisdom are much appreciated.

[Update on 24 Nov. 2017 ]

Connection issue has been fixed by downloading GeekOBD_Vgate (free) and running it prior to launching LeafSpy Pro.
A Bluetooth 4.x LE OBDII adapter will not show up on a Bluetooth list until AFTER an app has connected to it.

So if you are expecting to see the adapter listed before starting LeafSpy it will not happen.

Unlike the older Bluetooth where you first had to pair with it on the Bluetooth Settings page that is no longer needed. There is really no need to ever go to the iOS Settings Bluetooth screen unless, for some reason, you have turned off Bluetooth. Just run the app.

You finally saw it on the list of connected devices because you ran an app that used it. Same thing would have happened if you just ran LeafSpy directly.

Bluetooth 4.x LE is plug and play where "play" means run the app.

Hi,

I have an ODBII WiFi and every time I try to configure it inside the application, when I tap on “Done” the app crashes.
It is the first time I try to use the app, so I don’t know if it is related with iOS11... Do you know if there is any kind of issue with iOS11?

Thank you.

chiro79 said:
Hi,

I have an ODBII WiFi and every time I try to configure it inside the application, when I tap on “Done” the app crashes.
It is the first time I try to use the app, so I don’t know if it is related with iOS11... Do you know if there is any kind of issue with iOS11?

Thank you.
I just tested with my latest version running on iOS 11.2 without a problem.

Send me an email and I will add you to the iOS tester's group so you can use the same version and see if that fixes the problem.

dprendergast said:
For the past week, I have gotten the exact same Ahrs level each day: 56.77. This seems weird, since up until a week ago, the level would fluctuate every day within a 54 to 58 range.

I thought maybe I could reset LeafSpy somehow, but I don't see a way to do that. I tried unplugging and re-inserting my OBDI adapter, but that didn't change it either.

David

I'm having the same issue. My battery health isn't updating, and hasn't since Nov 28th. Everything else seems fine.

Version 1.5.27

Chiv.

I bought Leaf spy Pro for Android and now I would like to put it on my iPhone. I'm wondering will I need to pay again? Also my screen has been locking up on my Android I am guessing it is the breaking thing which appeared right before the lockup started. I will try and find it and turn it off and see if that fixes the problem.

ispud said:
I bought Leaf spy Pro for Android and now I would like to put it on my iPhone. I'm wondering will I need to pay again?

Of course, that's always the case for any app between different OSs.

chivalryx said:
dprendergast said:

David

I'm having the same issue. My battery health isn't updating, and hasn't since Nov 28th. Everything else seems fine.

Version 1.5.27

Chiv.
Send me an ELM trace so I can see what is going on. See bottom of Help file for how to do it.

chiro79 said:
Hi,

Thank you.
Version 1.6.28 is waiting for Apple to review. It has code to handle bad data coming in from the OBDII adapter instead of crashing. This might help.

^^^
For those waiting, unfortunately, Apple's App Store review team goes on vacation from Dec 23 to 27th (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=11282017a), so if they haven't approved it yet, the team might have quite a backlog (from others rushing to make the cut) and not get to it until they return.

cwerdna said:
^^^
For those waiting, unfortunately, Apple's App Store review team goes on vacation from Dec 23 to 27th (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=11282017a), so if they haven't approved it yet, the team might have quite a backlog (from others rushing to make the cut) and not get to it until they return.
It's always a mystery to me what they could possibly be doing during a review of my app that could not be automated. Do people actually look at my screens? What would that tell them?

cwerdna said:
^^^
Took only about 14 hours to get approved. Version 1.6.28 has now been released to all users. Report any problems with this version such as crashes.

Back