Make space to store trickle charger under front hood

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenton

The front hood is the perfect place to store the trickle charger. You don't have to rummage through the rest of the stuff in your car and when you pull it out you're already in the right place to plug it in. Not much would need to be moved around to make space for the trickle charger, there is almost enough room in there right now as it is.

brenton said:
The front hood is the perfect place to store the trickle charger. You don't have to rummage through the rest of the stuff in your car and when you pull it out you're already in the right place to plug it in. Not much would need to be moved around to make space for the trickle charger, there is almost enough room in there right now as it is.

If you make something for this, please add here: http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4010

I think it's a good idea, but there doesn't seem to be enough contiguous space to "fit" a container (to protect against debris) for the cable.

I don't store it there permanently, but I do "hide" it there when I leave my car plugged in at the airport.
It fits just fine.
EVSE-lock-via-Franck-4.jpg

You pass the plug and an extension cord out of the corners in front.
EVSE-lock-via-Franck-5.jpg

For the last couple of years i have a clean trunk, all the cables and EVSE's are inside the front hood, just needed to take one cover off and isolate the 12V battery to avoid grease on the cables/bags. The EVSE cable is thick and needs to come out through the openings of the charge port.

fotografia%2525283%252529.JPG

If the Leaf had some springs on the hood cover it would be really sweet to open the hood. This work great and keeps the trunk organized if you have a dedicated EVSE at home to handle the daily charges.

Back