Ford Focus EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nissan had signed him up before Ford, i wonder what nastys he might be saying about Ford :roll: :roll: :lol:

Oh no... To get an EV I need to go to the company that brings me butterflies? Microsoft?! :shock:

flutterby.jpg

Ford's taken pages from GM's playbook and cherry-picked Nissan's campaigns to create their ad. Convert a car, fill the trunk with stuff, then grab a CG polar bear, a bunch of MSN butterflies, a Leaf pun, and their charge speed single point of superiority ;) and... Wait - didn't they say at the beginning that there was a lot of buzz and that it was hard to know what an EV is? And then suggested Ford had it all figured out because they had an EV van, a not yet released car, and 10 years' experience with hybrids?! Man - THAT cleared things up!

<giggle>

Yup, it's easier to be second (er third?) now that Tesla and Nissan have broken the trail. ;)

---
FORD - the company that gives me butterflies!

Maybe not...

by the way....what is the Ford Focus EVSE that will be sold at Best Buy for 33% less than the AV unit. Is this 33% discount from the cash and carry price or the installed price. If installed then were talking ~$1650 for a 6.6kw EVSE installed by the Geek Squad.

palmermd said:
by the way....what is the Ford Focus EVSE that will be sold at Best Buy for 33% less than the AV unit. Is this 33% discount from the cash and carry price or the installed price. If installed then were talking ~$1650 for a 6.6kw EVSE installed by the Geek Squad.
Supposed to be 1499 installed. "geek" squad will probably get some electrician involved to get it actually done. This is instead of the 2200 std for AV.

evnow said:
palmermd said:
Supposed to be 1499 installed. "geek" squad will probably get some electrician involved to get it actually done. This is instead of the 2200 std for AV.
I am thinking Geek squad will install for $1499 if the 240v outlet is already in position. Or help you get an electrician to install such 240v outlet at the consumers additional cost. Leviton just plugs in after all.

Too bad Nissan went with all inclusive AV when they could have done similar to Ford with GeekSquad/Leviton 16a
I think Nissan could have pushed Leviton a bit to have the 16a ready sooner.

smkettner said:
I am thinking Geek squad will install for $1499 if the 240v outlet is already in position. Or help you get an electrician to install such 240v outlet at the consumers additional cost. Leviton just plugs in after all.
No I read somewhere this is for the "std install" everything included.

Otherwise Ford is pulling a fast one.

What is standard install? I have an EV outlet in my garage as it is required by city building code.
I am thinking standard install may also swap the existing outlet connector to be correct or some other minor item.
I don't think they will pull much wire, include an inspection and the 32a evse for $1499 unless Leviton is going to be at a great low price.

Anyway AV wanted $2200 with the outlet already in place.

smkettner said:
Anyway AV wanted $2200 with the outlet already in place.
Yes - that was the problem with AV. Now, I don't know whether Ford/Best Buy deal is only for people getting Focus (like the GM deal).

In anycase if Best Buy just sells the EVSE (or Leviton separately) or even the AV unit, you should be able to easily get it installed for less than 1,500.

Unless Geek Squad is suddenly recruiting licensed electricians and contractors, I don't want them lifting anything higher voltage than a Philips Screwdriver.
You've seen these guys, right?

It's one thing if they erase all your email, and quite another if they burn down your electrical panel.

I would imagine that the "geek squad" would be sub contracted licensed electricians.

This is the unvieling of Ford's EV/Hybrid offerings in Detroit - Focus EV, C-Max Energi and C-Max Hybrid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRohpI5RMfw[/youtube]

I also have a short post comparing these three to the respective competitors. One of the snaps I made for the post ...

http://www.c-maxenergi.com/2011/01/ford-takes-on-3-competitors-with-3.html

evnow said:
I also have a short post comparing these three to the respective competitors. One of the snaps I made for the post

Focus vs. LEAF. Motor Trend's opinion:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1101_2013_ford_focus_electric_2011_nissan_leaf_vs_comparison/index.html

mwalsh said:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternative/1101_2013_ford_focus_electric_2011_nissan_leaf_vs_comparison/index.html

Makes for good reading while we're waiting for our Leafs, watching the months change on our estimated delivery. If the Focus was shipping earlier, Nissan would have some serious competition in the US.

mwalsh said:
evnow said:
I also have a short post comparing these three to the respective competitors. One of the snaps I made for the post

How can you compare two cars and declare one a winner (even though a 'slight' 4/3 win) when ONE OF THE CARS DOESN'T REALLY EXIST YET? From where I sit, this comparison article speaks volumes about who's paying for what and how biased Motor Trend really is. Thank God I don't carry a MT subscription. :evil:

Motor Trend said:
SPACE

Advantage: N/A. A lack of specifications for the Leaf and hands-on experience with the Focus Electric makes this comparison impossible right now.

WTF? The LEAF has a trunk!! No way the Ford Focus Electric can win on that one! What are they smoking? Can't get specs from Nissan, indeed!

evnow said:
I have realized why some of these people don't like Leaf. It doesn't have a grill.

Good point, its also the main reason the front of the Coda looks so odd.. perhaps there is a market for a stick-on grill decal :D

I like to test drive and see but it is to late for me my car will be here in a few weeks. I like the looks but Ford and GM do not have the fast DC charge Port. I am hopeful Nissan will upgrade for free or cheap upgrade the 3.3kw to 6.6kw charger. When you are are out and about the 3.3kw charger is useless unless you are at a 2 hr movie or such event.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back