iOS Version of LeafSpy Pro development discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pyromancy5 said:
Not sure if this is the right place to make a request. I love the addition of the ability to turn off some of the sounds. I kept the slow speed sound, but removed the back up chimes.

I also enjoyed customizing how the auto lock/ unlock functions. These are wonderful features, thank you for adding them.

Is there a way you can add the ability to turn off the door open alarm/ beeping? This is my larges pet peve with the car. If you turn the car off with the door open, it won't stop until you close the door.

Thanks- AMB
On my Leaf after I turn it off and open the door if I press and release the little button the door presses when closed it turns off the sound when the door is still open. Leaf must be off for this to work.

Do we know when Dropbox support will be put back? I noticed the Android version got an update to fix the dropbox change in API, but the iOS version still doesn't work.. :(

No rush, just curious.

chivalryx said:
Do we know when Dropbox support will be put back? I noticed the Android version got an update to fix the dropbox change in API, but the iOS version still doesn't work.. :(

No rush, just curious.
There is a test version you can use that has it. Just send me an email and I can add you to the iOS tester's group.

Test version 1.6.29 is now available to testers.

- Supports enabling auto headlight feature when necessary hardware has been added to a Leaf that did not come with this feature.
- Large icon support for higher resolution devices that previously displayed a blank icon for LeafSpy
- User definable screen 3. Swipe up or down on screen 3 to see a samples. Press load button to load other examples. To adjust font size go into frozen mode and tap top or bottom of screen to increase or decrease font scale.

Test version 1.6.30 is now available to testers.

This version supports the new LELInk. On the previous version of LeafSpy these new LELinks would get stuck at state 00.

Test version 1.6.31 is waiting for review and release by Apple. It includes support for reading the 2018 MY Leaf odometer. This needs to be verified on a 2018 Leaf. If you have access to one please enable an ELM trace (see bottom of help file for instructions) and let me know if it works. Email TRC_xx.txt file to me.

I just downloaded the beta version and attempted to run Leaf Spy Pro on my Saber WiFi OBDII adapter.

1) It didn’t instantly crash when run!

2) It got to #15 during startup.

3) It stopped at 15, and then went into a never ending loop of testing 10-14.

I restarted the app, the phone, and my Leaf but it always exihibited the above behavior.

Is this something that’s fixable, or do I need to return the OBDII adapter to Amazon?

I just got a notification from Apple about a new version of IOS. Should I hold off on this update, or go ahead and download it?

Wineaux said:
I just downloaded the beta version and attempted to run Leaf Spy Pro on my Saber WiFi OBDII adapter.

1) It didn’t instantly crash when run!

2) It got to #15 during startup.

3) It stopped at 15, and then went into a never ending loop of testing 10-14.

I restarted the app, the phone, and my Leaf but it always exihibited the above behavior.

Is this something that’s fixable, or do I need to return the OBDII adapter to Amazon?

I just got a notification from Apple about a new version of IOS. Should I hold off on this update, or go ahead and download it?
You need to take an ELM trace (see bottom of help file for how to do it) and send me the trace. I can then see what the problem is.

But most likely your WiFi adapter is one of the new cost reduced versions that does not support the full ELM command set so is not really ELM compatible.

I suggest replacing it with the LELink Bluetooth Low Energy OBDII adapter. Available here worldwide.
http://www.outdoor-apps.com/store1.html

The definition file uses screen % for position and horizontal size. This way the definitions should be usable on different size screens by just making two adjustment on the Settings/Options panel (Screen Scale and Font Scale).

File names must end with "P.csv" for Portrait layout files and "L.csv" for Landscape layout files. When loading a layout file if one is also found for the other orientation it will also be loaded (i.e. only the letter P and L are different between the two names). If no matching layout is found the the current layout for the other orientation is left unchanged.

Here are the two sample screens showing a small number of variables in a large font with and without a preceding label. Note you can also have just text and no variable. At the bottom center is a status line showing the current Screen Scaling Factor, Font Scaling Factor and the screen layout as reported by Android.

I have purchased Leaf Spy Pro for my iPhone in order to change some settings in the car
(New 2018 LEAF, iPhone X, I want to change the door locking settings and the irritating sound the car makes in reverse)

However I can't seem to find the screen for changing settings in the LeafSpy Pro app.
Could it be this feature is discontinued?

the only screens I get are: 'Battery Cells', 'Graphs', 'Table' and 'Summary'

Harmen said:
I have purchased Leaf Spy Pro for my iPhone in order to change some settings in the car
(New 2018 LEAF, iPhone X, I want to change the door locking settings and the irritating sound the car makes in reverse)

However I can't seem to find the screen for changing settings in the LeafSpy Pro app.
Could it be this feature is discontinued?

the only screens I get are: 'Battery Cells', 'Graphs', 'Table' and 'Summary'
Try Settings : Service Screen : Enable.
Service Screen reverts to disabled every time Leaf Spy restarts.

Test Version 1.7.40 is now available for testing.

It contains three changes.

1. Support for reading tire pressures from 2018 and newer Leafs
2. Disables Tire Registration function for 2018 and newer Leafs. This will be added back once I learn the new sequence.
3. Bug fix that could cause LeafSpy to not be able to read data from the Leaf.

Since I don't have a 2018 or newer Leaf yet, I need feedback on whether the tire pressures can now be read from 2018 and newer Leafs.

Turbo3 said:

2. Disables Tire Registration function for 2018 and newer Leafs. This will be added back once I learn the new sequence.

Since I don't have a 2018 or newer Leaf yet, I need feedback on whether the tire pressures can now be read from 2018 and newer Leafs.

@turbo3

first of all glad to see you again on this forum....

can we as android users help with testversions onto the 2018 leaf, is there already a new android testversion of leafspy pro with the gauge custom functions and the new tire pressure readings?

regards

Turbo3 said:

Tire pressure readings popped up fine on my 2018 Leaf SV

THANK YOU!

lhaiBDQl.jpg

Turbo3 said:
Is it possible that it happens on android version as well? Two weeks ago LeafSpy stopped working on one of my android phones. I thought it was HW related, but it did not work on two different OBDs. Uninstall and install did not help as well as deleting some data. Then I tested with the second android phone and LeafSpy worked. However, it worked just for one week and then the same happened (no chance to get any data from OBD). Now I am reluctant to try with my android tablet, since I am afraid that it may stop working as well after some time.
Are you preparing the new android version as well? I would be happy to test it, if possible. Sorry that it is not related to iOS version, but the bug seems to be the same.

virol said:
Turbo3 said:

@turbo3

first of all glad to see you again on this forum....

can we as android users help with testversions onto the 2018 leaf, is there already a new android testversion of leafspy pro with the gauge custom functions and the new tire pressure readings?

regards
I have an Android version I am testing which needs a few updates before I can release a test version.

Android has also forced a change to permissions which now must be requested at run time instead of during install. The message Android shows (which can not be changed) for the permission to access the phone state makes it sound like my app is trying to access everything on your phone. It scares me when I see it and I wrote the app and know it does none of those things. The message (at least in English) is:

"Allow LeafSpy to make and manage phone calls?"

How can they say such a thing when that is not what the app is requesting!!!

I can just see the emails flooding in when I release the next Android version after this message pops up. Not looking forward to that.

crunchy3d said:
Turbo3 said:
Is it possible that it happens on android version as well? Two weeks ago LeafSpy stopped working on one of my android phones. I thought it was HW related, but it did not work on two different OBDs. Uninstall and install did not help as well as deleting some data. Then I tested with the second android phone and LeafSpy worked. However, it worked just for one week and then the same happened (no chance to get any data from OBD). Now I am reluctant to try with my android tablet, since I am afraid that it may stop working as well after some time.
Are you preparing the new android version as well? I would be happy to test it, if possible. Sorry that it is not related to iOS version, but the bug seems to be the same.
That bug is due to the addition of gauges which is not in the Android version.

With gauges you actually get a second high speed version of the LeafSpy CAN engine which supports reading data for only the items being displayed. This can result in very high gauge update rates (many times a second) depending on what is displayed. The standard CAN engine cycles through almost all items even those not being displayed making the refresh rate in the 5 to 10 second area. The bug was caused by switching between these two engines as you changed the screen you were looking at.

Once gauges are added the new high speed CAN engine is used when a custom screen is being displayed. So custom screens without any gauges will also see a speed up depending on what is being displayed.

Flyct said:
Turbo3 said:

Tire pressure readings popped up fine on my 2018 Leaf SV

THANK YOU!

lhaiBDQl.jpg
Great, thanks for the report. This version is probably ready to be moved to production if no one reports any bugs.

Back