Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for reporting.

Did you order your LEAF, or buy out of the Dealer's inventory?

I'd suggest you repost your order details and start a new thread with 2018 LEAF in the title, if you'd care to.

simply said:
Lease Date: 02/07/18
Vehicle: NEW 2018 Nissan Leaf SL
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Tan

Sticker Base MSRP $38115
Agreed Upon Vehicle Price $35559.00
Capitalized Cost Reduction $7900.00
Adjusted capitalized Cost $30323.06
Residual Value $12196.80

va state sales tax $1,247.56
va title, license, registration $132.50
Acquisition Fee $595.00

Monthly Payment $533.70

edatoakrun said:
Thanks for reporting.

Did you order your LEAF, or buy out of the Dealer's inventory?

I'd suggest you repost your order details and start a new thread with 2018 LEAF in the title, if you'd care to.

I did do a reservation on the Leaf website however the car was leased out of the dealer's inventory. Thank you for the suggestion I will start a new threat now.

simply said:
Lease Date: 02/07/18
Vehicle: NEW 2018 Nissan Leaf SL
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Tan

Sticker Base MSRP $38115
Agreed Upon Vehicle Price $35559.00
Capitalized Cost Reduction $7900.00
Adjusted capitalized Cost $30323.06
Residual Value $12196.80

va state sales tax $1,247.56
va title, license, registration $132.50
Acquisition Fee $595.00

Monthly Payment $533.70

Ok, finally placed my order as per below!!

--------------

State : Ontario (Canada)
Metro area/city : Caledon (Greater Toronto Area)

Color/trim: Jade Frost/SL
Options:
Accessories: Wheel Locks

Total MSRP+destination charge: $43,850.75 CAD (includes AC Tax, Tire Levy, Freight PDI, OMVIC Fee)
Total with Tax: $49,551.35 CAD
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $43,850.75 CAD
Total discount (or markup): Discounts Totalling: $15,269.00 CAD ($14,000 CAD for Ontario EVIP Rebate, $800.00 CAD for Nissan Finance Loyalty - currently own two Nissans, $469.00 Dealer specific discount)
Total to finance: $34,806.65 CAD
Additional fees: PPSA
Purchase or lease?: Purchase 3-YR thru Nissan Finance @ 2.99% Special Rate

Date/time of reservation: February 24, 2018 @ 1400pm EST
Designated order month: February
First date able to request a quote (RAQ):
Actual order date (when quote was accepted):

Dealer: Alta Nissan, Woodbridge ON

Delivery date: Estimated by End-of-May, 2018

Plans for home charging: Have Tesla Wall Charger with Tesla Tap cable (converts Tesla connector to J1772 for L2).
------------------

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them and looking forward to participating more in this forum!

Destination Nissan in Albany NY is refused to order Leafs. They try to sell whatever Nissan sends them, and that's it, aside from trading locally for a car that isn't found much locally. They are the only Leaf certified dealership in my area, IIRC, possibly excepting one other.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum. I live in west Tokyo, Japan and just ordered my Leaf 2 days ago. Thought I would join the Forum to stay ahead of any quirks or maintenance issues and just gain a better understanding of the vehicle as it's my first EV. A lot of the information you guys list may be irrelevant/very different spec and trim if i were to mimic your format so ill just talk on the highlights.

I ordered a Yellow with black roof.
G-trim which is the premium trim in Japan.
All options minus Bose/Leather package( In japan, G trim gets you basically everything except this).

Total Price: JPY 42,000,000 (roughly)
Govt Kickback: JPY 400,000
Deposit: JPY 500,000
Financing roughly JPY 32,000,000

I was told to wait roughly 1 month for delivery.

I opted for the basic EV membership which basically entitles me to use public charger for JPY 15 per minute for a JPY 1,000 monthly payment. I opted for this as I'm in a pretty dense area and typically dont do more 250kms a month. They are also coming out to my home to install the necessary charging accessories free of charge.

It appears after the exchange rate, the Leaf is slightly more affordable in Japan. Luckily my pay comes in USD working for the US Govt! lol

State : CO
Metro area/city : Colorado Springs

Color/trim: Brilliant Silver SV
Options: All Weather + Technology Package
Accessories:

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37,370
Price accepted (excluding tax/license):$33,083 Negotiated before discounts
Total discount (or markup): Internet discount $1,287, $5,000 state tax incentives taken at Point of Sale
Additional fees: D&H $799 Tax: $2,315
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Dealer: Woodmen Nissan

Pick up date: Feb 26, 2018

Plans for home charging: Nissan provided EVSE 240 in garage

ZakZak said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum. I live in west Tokyo, Japan and just ordered my Leaf 2 days ago. Thought I would join the Forum to stay ahead of any quirks or maintenance issues...

I had a lot of issues with the computer in mine. I've owned the car for a little over a month now but I've been driving a loaner for most of that. Apparently Leafs nationwide are having myriad issues with the computer and nav system.

There happened to be an X (the equivalent of an SV for Americans) available that was exactly the color and trim level I wanted. With taxes and everything it came to ¥3,554,334. I also opted for the ZESP2 full membership since I drive about 100km a day.

After if get the ¥400,000 subsidy dealy, I'll be sitting pretty I think. Did they tell you about how long it takes to get that? My guy said about a month, but when I looked online some people said it took 3 or 4 months for them.

jonathanfields4ever said:
ZakZak said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Forum. I live in west Tokyo, Japan and just ordered my Leaf 2 days ago. Thought I would join the Forum to stay ahead of any quirks or maintenance issues...

I had a lot of issues with the computer in mine. I've owned the car for a little over a month now but I've been driving a loaner for most of that. Apparently Leafs nationwide are having myriad issues with the computer and nav system.

There happened to be an X (the equivalent of an SV for Americans) available that was exactly the color and trim level I wanted. With taxes and everything it came to ¥3,554,334. I also opted for the ZESP2 full membership since I drive about 100km a day.

After if get the ¥400,000 subsidy dealy, I'll be sitting pretty I think. Did they tell you about how long it takes to get that? My guy said about a month, but when I looked online some people said it took 3 or 4 months for them.

Hi sorry to hear about your problems with the computer. I'm not aware of any EU or North American issues at the moment, however it's still early in the new delivery process. I know that the EU and Japanese models have some additional features which may be a differentiator to the North American versions.

We will have to wait and see. Good news is that I'm starting to see new Leafs out on the street now in my local Toronto area.

State : Belgium, Europe
Metro area/city : Flanders

Color/trim: Pearl White, Acenta (choices in EU: Visia, Acenta, N-Connecta, Tekna, ordered by starting price)
Options: Comfort Pack ( Heated seats + steering wheel )
Accessories: Winter wheels

Delivery date: 20 september 2018 (subject to change)

Plans for home charging: openEVSE ( from http://openenergymonitor.org )

kennethbokor said:
Ok, finally placed my order as per below!!

--------------

State : Ontario (Canada)
Metro area/city : Caledon (Greater Toronto Area)

Color/trim: Jade Frost/SL
Options:
Accessories: Wheel Locks

Total MSRP+destination charge: $43,850.75 CAD (includes AC Tax, Tire Levy, Freight PDI, OMVIC Fee)
Total with Tax: $49,551.35 CAD
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $43,850.75 CAD
Total discount (or markup): Discounts Totalling: $15,269.00 CAD ($14,000 CAD for Ontario EVIP Rebate, $800.00 CAD for Nissan Finance Loyalty - currently own two Nissans, $469.00 Dealer specific discount)
Total to finance: $34,806.65 CAD
Additional fees: PPSA
Purchase or lease?: Purchase 3-YR thru Nissan Finance @ 2.99% Special Rate

Date/time of reservation: February 24, 2018 @ 1400pm EST
Designated order month: February
First date able to request a quote (RAQ):
Actual order date (when quote was accepted):

Dealer: Alta Nissan, Woodbridge ON

Delivery date: Estimated by End-of-May, 2018

Plans for home charging: Have Tesla Wall Charger with Tesla Tap cable (converts Tesla connector to J1772 for L2).
------------------

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them and looking forward to participating more in this forum!

April 5 - got an update from Nissan. My order did not make the March or April factory build "cut" due to overwhelming orders. I hope to have a build date sometime in May.

I am looking to buy an 18 Leaf. I would appreciate members to list how much off of "sticker price" they got when buying an 18??

Im in NY and dealers I have visited look at me like I'm a Martian when I ask, "So how much off of sticker can you give me? They seem to expect sticker all the waY!

powersurge said:
I am looking to buy an 18 Leaf. I would appreciate members to list how much off of "sticker price" they got when buying an 18??

Im in NY and dealers I have visited look at me like I'm a Martian when I ask, "So how much off of sticker can you give me? They seem to expect sticker all the waY!

Hi Powersurge, my numbers posted were in Canadian dollars and were sticker prices.

I think you will find it hard, at least at this time, to haggle too much with dealers on the new 2018 Leaf. Simply because there is so much demand for this car, that Nissan can't keep up with production. This seems to be occurring worldwide in markets where the Leaf is sold.

Nissan's early forecasts for selling 40,000 new Leafs this year is quickly growing to look more like they may sell 80,000 - 100,000 units.

If this demand continues, there really is no reason for a Nissan Dealer to be motivated to reduce pricing. If you don't buy it, they either have another person right behind you looking or a waiting list.

Best of luck to you in finding something and hope I'm setting a somewhat real expectation for you.

I ended at about 35k out the door including taxes, delivery, registration for a 2018 SV with tech package, carpet and splash guards.

About 3k below MSRP

36 month lease offer negotiated over email:

2018 Scarlet Ember Leaf SL with Tech and (dealer installed) Protection Packages & Yucky light grey interior with even Yuckier leather seats. (So much for "reserving" just the car I wanted!)

MSRP: $38,640

Discount: $2,769.33

Rebates: $4725

( Nissan: $2725
NYSERDA: $2000)

Selling Price: $31,145.67

Lease total: $13,832.67

Residual: $17388

doc fee: $75.00

Money Factor: .00003

Down Payment (includes 1st month, IIRC) $3979 + Tax

Monthly Payment: $298.00

It's late and I'm tired, having just emailed documents and applied for financing online. Please inform me of any errors.

Leftie,
Does you monthly payment include taxes ?

I ask because 298*35+3979 = 14,409

Addendum--
Never mind ...
The difference is probably interest. My casual estimate is ~ $500

I'm prepaying the tax. Not because it's generally a good idea, but because my specific financial situation causes it to make sense for me - as long as the car isn't totaled. Same with the large down payment.

LeftieBiker said:
I'm prepaying the tax. Not because it's generally a good idea, but because my specific financial situation causes it to make sense for me - as long as the car isn't totaled. Same with the large down payment.
Are taxes included in the numbers you provided for the monthly and down payments ?

Back