Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
vegastar said:
It detected it was a 2018, but with the wrong battery. Maybe the problem is because mine was an european 2018 Nissan Leaf?
European 2018 Leafs should be correctly detected in the next release.

Can you post the first 10 characters of your VIN?

0_A9499_A1-_BA71-4822-89_B9-69115840_BB5_D.jpg

vegastar said:
Turbo3 said:
vegastar said:
It detected it was a 2018, but with the wrong battery. Maybe the problem is because mine was an european 2018 Nissan Leaf?
European 2018 Leafs should be correctly detected in the next release.

Can you post the first 10 characters of your VIN?

0_A9499_A1-_BA71-4822-89_B9-69115840_BB5_D.jpg
Thanks. The next release will correctly identify it as a 2018.

2018 LEAF with LSP. My odometer has stopped working. It was stuck at 672 for a while and noticed it has moved.... a bit. Should I send you a trace?

DaveinOlyWA said:
2018 LEAF with LSP. My odometer has stopped working. It was stuck at 672 for a while and noticed it has moved.... a bit. Should I send you a trace?
No, that is caused by a bug clearing the internal flag that indicates a 2018 model. You can try going into Settings while connected to the Leaf and selecting Model Year 2018 again.

===============================
Update:
Actually Yes I need an ELM trace as yours should be a US Leaf with a US VIN so detection of 2018 should be working. It is only the EU Leafs that have the problem.

Given that the Bluetooth Konnwei KW902 is a knockoff device, of which some are defective, and gets terrible reviews on Amazon.... what's the currently recommended adapter for iOS or Android Leaf Spy? I have the LELink adapter which is supported and real, but does not work on Android Leaf Spy.

brycenesbitt said:
Given that the Bluetooth Konnwei KW902 is a knockoff device, of which some are defective, and gets terrible reviews on Amazon.... what's the currently recommended adapter for iOS or Android Leaf Spy? I have the LELink adapter which is supported and real, but does not work on Android Leaf Spy.
Looking at the top of the clear LELink case, does it have a small superscript 2 after LELink?

Which version of LeafSpy are you running ? LeafSpy or LeafSpy Pro?

The LELink is the recommended adapter for both iOS and Android.

Turbo3 said:

But it requires the Android phone support Bluetooth LE, right?

Some folks use cheapo prepaid phones like the Kyocera Event for Leaf Spy. It seems like that cheapo phone only supports Bluetooth 2.1 per spec sheet at https://www.kyoceramobile.com/event/ and https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Kyocera-Event_id7733. So, I'm not clear if it supports Bluetooth LE.

If folks have cheapo Android phones w/o Bluetooth LE support...

cwerdna said:
Turbo3 said:

But it requires the Android phone support Bluetooth LE, right?

Some folks use cheapo prepaid phones like the Kyocera Event for Leaf Spy. It seems like that cheapo phone only supports Bluetooth 2.1 per spec sheet at https://www.kyoceramobile.com/event/ and https://www.phonearena.com/phones/Kyocera-Event_id7733. So, I'm not clear if it supports Bluetooth LE.

If folks have cheapo Android phones w/o Bluetooth LE support...
You are correct. You need a phone with BLE support which means Android 4.3 (APi 18) or higher.

I your case you could use the OBDLink LX.

Hi Turbo3

I am running LSP v0.41.111 (Android). My Leaf doesn’t have TPMS, so I display battery temps on screen 4. In Settings, the alternate display Tire Pressures / Battery Temps checkbox is ticked.

On screen 4, a red overlay with a TPMS warning appears covering the temps/pressures panel, which disappears with a double tap

This red overlay now appears every time I boot LSP (and needs removing), whereas until very recently the display went straight to battery temps, the red overlay having been turned off long ago.

Only two things have changed recently - the update to v0..41.111, and my creating and running custom screens (which seems un-related).

If this issue has already been discussed, please point me to the thread/post - thanks.

hieronymous said:
Hi Turbo3

I am running LSP v0.41.111 (Android). My Leaf doesn’t have TPMS, so I display battery temps on screen 4. In Settings, the alternate display Tire Pressures / Battery Temps checkbox is ticked.

On screen 4, a red overlay with a TPMS warning appears covering the temps/pressures panel, which disappears with a double tap

This red overlay now appears every time I boot LSP (and needs removing), whereas until very recently the display went straight to battery temps, the red overlay having been turned off long ago.

Only two things have changed recently - the update to v0..41.111, and my creating and running custom screens (which seems un-related).

If this issue has already been discussed, please point me to the thread/post - thanks.
If you don't have TPMS why is the "Alternate Tire / Temp Display" ticked? That will cause LeafSpy to alternate between the useless tire pressure screen with the overlay and the temperature screen you want to see.

I would recommend you disable the Alternate function and also the Warn at/below and Delta Warning features. Disable is the top option for both.

If you go back to screen 4 and temperatures are not displayed just tap to switch to it. Then exit the app to save the current configuration. Now each time you start you should only see the temperature display and it will not alternate to tire pressures.

Keep in mind if you do a long tap on the temperature panel you will enable alternate again.

Actually a tap on the tire pressure/temperature panel disables the alternate function and additional taps switches between what is displayed.

If you are seeing the orange tire message over the temperature readings please send me a screenshot as that should not happen.

Turbo3 said:
hieronymous said:
Hi Turbo3

If you don't have TPMS why is the "Alternate Tire / Temp Display" ticked? That will cause LeafSpy to alternate between the useless tire pressure screen with the overlay and the temperature screen you want to see.

I would recommend you disable the Alternate function and also the Warn at/below and Delta Warning features. Disable is the top option for both.

If you go back to screen 4 and temperatures are not displayed just tap to switch to it. Then exit the app to save the current configuration. Now each time you start you should only see the temperature display and it will not alternate to tire pressures.

Keep in mind if you do a long tap on the temperature panel you will enable alternate again.

Actually a tap on the tire pressure/temperature panel disables the alternate function and additional taps switches between what is displayed.

If you are seeing the orange tire message over the temperature readings please send me a screenshot as that should not happen.

OK, thanks, back to "as expected". I may have accidentally long-tapped on the temp display initially, but when I went into Settings, the Alternate function and the Warn Below option were both on, how I don't know, as it's months since I was in there last. All now disabled...

Re-tested, exited then restarted OK.

Thanks again for your speedy response!

Just uploaded test version 0.41.112 to Google. Should be available for testers to install in a few hours. Use this link to get it.
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.Turbo3.Leaf_Spy_Pro

Support European 2018 Leaf
Correct Odometer for US 2018
Added 3 new Types (CP,CL,CV) to control colors on Custom Screens
Added EVSE variables to Custom screens for 2011/2012 Leafs
Support LELink^2 zero power mode
Max Gids for 30kWh battery increased to 380
Manual Wh counter can now be reset at any time
Crash fixes
(see Change Log for more details)

Hi,
i have one problem. When using Leaf Spy Pro after couple of miles driving all screens (except braking/motor) stop updating. Any idea?

calverajarda said:
Hi,
i have one problem. When using Leaf Spy Pro after couple of miles driving all screens (except braking/motor) stop updating. Any idea?
Disable Braking/Motor screen then unplug and plug OBDII back in.

There was a warning when you enabled the brakng/motor screen that this might happen.

Turbo3 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Thanks for the update!!... I think. First reading on new version shows 2.5% drop in SOH...
Correct. There is a new SOH conversion factor as new Leafs have been showing greater than 100% SOH.

Well that is depressing since my highest SOH was about 99.6% or so before the update. In the mean time, my Hx is approaching 113%

Hi,
i have problem about consumption. I dont know what is right.
Yesterday driven 26km - car shows 12,4kwh/100km its 3224Wh
With leaf spy at start capacity 16,1kwh, at end 12,2kwh its 3900Wh
Consumption wit Leaf Spy135,1Wh/km - its 3512Wh
Whats right?
I searching true conusmtipon kwh/100km with clima, heating etc.
Thanks.

Back