2018 Order status updated

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my LEAF and its looking like what I would consider one of the most common configs; S with QC and Climate is currently OOS in my region.

With the tanking of the WA State EV incentives pending (no later than May 31) many have switched allegiances and are now looking at LEAF but one person in particular can't find the option I got...

So supplies are hardly ample even in EV centric areas like Seattle...

kennethbokor said:
I placed my order in later February and was told end of May timing for delivery. May slip into June, which is fine for me. I'm dealing with Alta Nissan in Woodbridge, one of the top Leaf dealers in the country.

I think all dealers make that claim. I know my dealer did as well, they did in fact get the first deliveries in the country though. So far I've counted out 16 cars that have gone in and out of that dealer. I work four buildings down so yes I stalk them :)

Sooo....

Finally picked up my 2018 Leaf SV, deep blue pearl... Put my deposit on release Day (I think it was September 9th). I was the 6th Leaf to be sold from the London dealership.

So far so good... got a little quirk with android auto this morning... and learned really fast that highway speeds kills mileage really quickly!

It's brand new world, I will adapt I'm sure...

LeftieBiker said:
Did you check the tire pressures?

Didn't think of that, being a new vehicle off the lot... I hope they set the tire pressure correctly!

nerk said:
Didn't think of that, being a new vehicle off the lot... I hope they set the tire pressure correctly!
They do... but to them, 'correctly' is to Nissan's recommendation, which is (or at least was - I haven't checked a current manual) 36psi. Consensus here is that that's too low; I know I saw uneven tire wear (excessive wear on both shoulders) on my 2011 that I interpreted as under- inflation. I've run at about 42psi since. That seemed to improve the economy too (could've simply been the tires wearing in), but I'm pretty convinced that the higher pressure has evened out the wear.

Back