Automatic Emergency Braking warning light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campyleaf

I have 212-miles on my 2018 Leaf purchased three days ago. On the way home from the dealer, the Automatic Emergency Braking warning light came on and the message, "read owners manual" was displayed. I read the owners manual and did all the things that it said to do to remedy the problem. But, the warning light continue to come on each time I start the Leaf and stays on continually. I have spoken with the dealer and of course they want me to bring it in. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, when I turn on the cruise control, the cruise control icon flashed on the dash, but then it immediately goes out. Cruise control still functions, it just does no indicate on the dash that it is operating. Anyone had this problem.

Other then these issues, I love my 2018 Leaf S!

This document provides details on how the system works:

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/emergency_brake.html

Perhaps something is blocking the radar sensor (near Nissan logo on front of car), or it's caked in mud?

What happened when you took it in to get checked out? The AEB light on my 3 week old 2018 SL turned on today. Cleaning the frontend and restarting didn't clear the warning so I'm planning on taking my car to the dealership tomorrow.

Looks like my warning reset after charging all night, so I'll probably wait for it to turn back on before bringing it into the dealership.

It might be that radar is not adjusted properly (vertical/horizontal direction).
If that is the case, let warranty fix it for free.

It should detect that on a straight road.
Or there is an obstruction, like license plate holder.

My 2018 Leaf has required service for this twice since February. The first time they replaced the whole front radar. Now, apparently Nissan told my dealership it is a software issue and they are working on it (July 23, 2018). Apparently, there is no fix until Nissan solves the problem

Deltaflyer21 said:
My 2018 Leaf has required service for this twice since February. The first time they replaced the whole front radar. Now, apparently Nissan told my dealership it is a software issue and they are working on it (July 23, 2018). Apparently, there is no fix until Nissan solves the problem
Get a Lemon buyback performed?

Deltaflyer21 said:

Guessing they updated the camera for PPA during all this which initially addressed issues of sudden unneeded braking.

I don't have PPA but have AEB and it has worked flawlessly. I don't let it brake for me as I am unwilling to test it to that extent but its ability to warn me of a potential collision has saved my butt probably one time. Sometimes its a bit over reactionary especially when there is an extra turn lane opening up at an intersection but the beeping is not that distracting despite being very "prominent.

Its amazing to me how quickly I react to it despite its volume being rather...normal.

Me too. Just bought the car two weeks ago. Drove it every day twice a day for about 40 miles per trip plus some running around town. No issues until the day before yesterday. I wiped off the windshield and though it fixed it but the lamp came back on midway through a 5 mile drive this morning.

My pro-pilot won't work and says it has a malfunction so I'm taking it to the dealership monday morning. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with it because we had seriously cold weather cone through and that's pretty much when the yellow light popped on. 5782 miles so far on the leaf. Maybe the radar system is screwed on my leaf too? I wonder how much this would cost out of pocket if the warranty didn't cover it?

Mine first started acting up after I drove over several miles of freshly ground-down pavement. It's given the warning occasionally since then, usually in damp weather. Shutting the car off and restarting it has canceled the warning so far. I'm hoping I can have it checked when I have the car inspected and the protection package finally installed.

I actually suspect the problem with the radar is actually with the housing. I had my radar replaced because I kept getting the malfunction message and couldn't use propilot. The radar was replaced but not the radar housing. The issue continued when I got the car back after a few days. We called Nissan and they looked into it and told us that they should have replaced the radar and the housing as one unit, but instead they had replaced only the radar and reused the old housing.

They ordered the all-in-one unit and installed it. I suspect that the original housing allowed for moisture / dew to get inside and that affected the performance of the radar. They must have redesigned the housing, or a gasket in order to prevent this from happening. At least that is my guess based on my experience.

Although, this morning the ABS light was blinking, but it was very cold this morning and perhaps it was because there was frost / dew on the front windshield covering the sensor above the rear-view mirror. However, it never gave me the yellow triangle with the malfunction message in the display. It stopped blinking after about 10 minutes, perhaps after the frost / dew evaporated?

I will keep an eye on it and post more if anything changes.

I just wanted to throw my experience in here. I just picked up a 2018 Murano Platinum with 16K miles. I have the same issue
The AEB light is continuously on and the cruise control does not engage
I happened across this site while looking for answers. I know the dealership will deal with it but I think this is obviously a Nissan issue
I don't really like going back to the dealership repeatedly so wanted to get as much info on this problem as possible.
Looks like its common but has Nissan really figured out the fix??

Back