Rolling in reverse (backing up slope)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very interesting. i have nothing to say, but would like to be updated on these posts.

as far as the Prius goes, if on a steep enough slope, the car will roll in the opposite direction of travel. have had it happen MANY times on some of the downtown hills of Seattle and that would be primarily in the drive mode.

now the power expended by creep mode is interesting and it would seem like there should be a locking mechanism in place that would prevent rollback in either direction and it could easily be mechanical actuated electronically when shifting.

Finally read the manual today (ok, skimmed it for the most part), and there is a "Hill Hold" feature that says the electronic parking brake can be used on hills to avoid rolling, since it comes off automatically when you start driving.

Anyway, I think this topic is dead - lets close it out! :)

The 2010 Prius also has a "hill-hold" function that holds the car for a few seconds. The function is triggered by pressing the brake pedal extra hard, briefly.

But, my question remains unanswered:
On the flat, does the LEAD creep backward in R (like it does forward in D)?

Back