Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been looking at getting an e-Golf for sometime but VW appear to have abandoned the e-Golf for the US market as they focus more on Europe :-(. Anyway, I started looking at alternatives and have the following quote for a 2018 Leaf. Is this any good?

2018 LEAF SL with SL Technology Package, Splash Guards, and Carpeted Floor Mats

MSRP-- $38,510
Sale Price-- $32,980
Vehicle Admin Fee-- $402
Sales Tax-- $2,086.37
Registration/ Title Fee-- $130
Inspection Sticker-- $35

Total "Out the Door Price"
$35,633.37

i just bought in LA area and got 32k with 3ks in factory rebates for loyalty and NMAC (Nissan lending bank) with zero percent on the full amount.
That is for an SL with Tech package and some extras--carpets and mud guards.

Thanks for your response. When you say you "got 32k with 3ks in factory rebates" do you really mean you "got 32k AFTER 3ks in factory rebates"? The quote I posted was what they initially provided for the car I said I was interested in. Mine was a red color and I think that's an additional $400 if I remember right. Haggling hasn't even started yet.

Are you also saying that if I financed through NMAC for 0% that it would qualify for an additional rebate? They may have already applied that although their quote didn't mention anything about financing. Also, I'm not an existing customer so I guess the loyalty rebate won't apply to me. How much was that worth?

I just got a similar deal which was $35,000 out the door, while I think I over paid by $1,100 at least in our area there is no sales tax so that helped me feel better. SL Package $385100 down to $35750 then another 2K NMAC rebate. 5K down payment and $500 per month for 5 years (0%)

The dealer was tricky on me and I didn't catch until later (after signing and home) the wasted $350 for an additional theft insurance (All State), my insurance company could care less about it. The dealer said they put them on all cars in the lot when they come in but it's the biggest scam going if you ask me.

I admit I did the one NO NO I know never to do, I was in a rush to get home to beat traffic and didn't study the final paper work, so my stupidity cost me. And no I am here thinking about it again....

Got an SV offer with tech and all weather, mats and splash guards:
34k sale price
-2k NMAC cash and 0 financing
-2k NYSERDA
plus DMV fees and tax= around 33k out of the door.

Yes, they extended May deal to July 9 here in NY, and dealers are fairly open to dropping 2-3k off MSRP on top of that

Not sure what $13.89 per month means on a 0% loan though

HE ALL-NEW 2018 NISSAN LEAF®
0.0 % APR
72 MONTHS
+$3,000 TOTAL SAVINGS[1] [2]
2018 LEAF 0.0% APR financing for up to 72 months and $2,000 NMAC cash for well qualified buyers.

Subject to residency restrictions. Customer may choose (a) special APR with NMAC cash, (b) standard APR through NMAC with NMAC cash. Financing is subject to NMAC Tier 1 through Tier 2 credit approval. $13.89 per month per $1,000 financed at 0.0% for 72 months, NMAC cash available when you finance through NMAC and is subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Offers end 07/02/2018.

[1] $2,000 NMAC Cash available on 2018 LEAF . NMAC Cash valid 06/01/2018 through 07/02/2018. Available when you finance through NMAC. Subject to credit approval. Down payment may be required. Available on purchase. Must take delivery from new dealer stock. See dealer for details. Subject to residency restrictions.

[2] Proof of current Nissan vehicle ownership and residency required. $1,000 Loyalty Cash towards the purchase or lease of a new 2018 LEAF . Must take delivery from new dealer stock. Down payment may be required. Subject to residency restrictions. Cannot be combined with other loyalty or conquest offers. Transferable only within the same household. Limit one offer per qualified VIN. See dealer for details. Ends 07/02/2018.

I live in the Bay Area, California. Next month my lease expires. If I decide to purchase a new 2018 Nissan Leaf, It appears I can reduce the sale price by the following amounts so long the purchase is on or before July 2, 2018:

1) $4000 from NMAC, for financing at 0% and as loyalty cash

2) $1000 from NMAC, as new graduate

3) $3000 from dealer, as a PG&E customer
http://www.pgecurrents.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/PGE-Flyer-4-20-18_FINAL.pdf?pdf=Nissan_Leaf_flyer

4) $500 from PG&E, as their customer
https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_cleanfuelrebate-ev

5) $2500 from California, as a rebate

6) $7500 from federal government, as tax credit
----------------------------------------------
Total: $18,500

Can anyone confirm that the discounts can be combined, and it is possible to reduce the price of 2018 Nissan Leaf from its MSRP of $30K to $11,500, plus tax?

That would be a great deal but I've heard that the $3k PG&E discount won't combine with the NMAC financing/loyalty cash. But definitely ask your local dealer and let us know. Better yet ask a few dealers

michaelt said:
I live in the Bay Area, California. Next month my lease expires. If I decide to purchase a new 2018 Nissan Leaf, It appears I can reduce the sale price by the following amounts so long the purchase is on or before July 2, 2018:

http://www.pgecurrents.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/PGE-Flyer-4-20-18_FINAL.pdf?pdf=Nissan_Leaf_flyer

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_cleanfuelrebate-ev

Can anyone confirm that the discounts can be combined, and it is possible to reduce the price of 2018 Nissan Leaf from its MSRP of $30K to $11,500, plus tax?

I just purchased:

2018 LEAF SL with SL Technology Package, Splash Guards, and Carpeted Floor Mats
Scarlet Ember (red) exterior, light interior

MSRP-- $38,510
Sale Price-- $31,311 (includes $4000 off for 0% financing & 72 months)
Vehicle Admin Fee-- $399
Ma. Sales Tax-- $1,981.88
Registration/ Title Fee-- $170

Total "Out the Door Price"
$33,861.88

Production month was February - it shipped 2/28 (don't know where from) and arrived 3/7. It was also dealer traded a couple times, including for this sale, which might explain why it shows as having 135 miles on it (and it'll be at 200 miles after being delivered from it's current dealership). It should arrive late tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

The other dealers I entertained, after telling them I'd made my purchase, all mentioned I got a very good deal. The funny thing was, I didn't actually do any dealing. I just called up the dealership, told them what I wanted and to email me a price and I got the numbers mentioned in my previous post. Before doing the final paper-work today I was trying to ensure they'd get the plates and registration tomorrow (Friday) so I could actually pick the car up for the weekend. The salesperson told me not to push it because supposedly his boss was about ready to pull the plug on this deal...

I got what was a good enough deal at the time - the end of April, when sales were still strong. Mine was also driven a bit. It may have been a demo, but it was immaculate when I picked it up. It's a late March build. I was trying for April, as I had seem some defects in February cars, but it's been fine. I'm still not sure if there is supposed to be a Nissan Connect icon, though. Does yours have one on the touch screen?

EVdreams said:
That would be a great deal but I've heard that the $3k PG&E discount won't combine with the NMAC financing/loyalty cash. But definitely ask your local dealer and let us know. Better yet ask a few dealers

michaelt said:

I also think it's 2K from NMAC and not 4K and same here some stuff can't be combined but ask the dealer for it anyway and walk if they don't. They are motivated to sell the Leaf's but with gas prices rising I am guess sales pickup soon.

It appears all these promotions can be combined. Nissan Sunnyvale made an offer of $28,275 as the final price for 2018 Nissan Leaf S with charge package, protection package and other accessories, advertised as MSRP of $33,090.

MSRP: $33,090
-$4000 loyalty + financing
-$1000 new graduate
-$3000 PG&E
-------------
Total before tax: $25,090

Tax @ 9.25%: $2,320
License & registration: about $300

Total: $27,710

The difference with the offered price is $565, so it is pretty close. That's without any negotiations.

michaelt said:
It appears all these promotions can be combined. Nissan Sunnyvale made an offer of $28,275 as the final price for 2018 Nissan Leaf S with charge package, protection package and other accessories, advertised as MSRP of $33,090.

MSRP: $33,090
-$4000 loyalty + financing
-$1000 new graduate
-$3000 PG&E
-------------
Total before tax: $25,090

Tax @ 9.25%: $2,320
License & registration: about $300

Total: $27,710

The difference with the offered price is $565, so it is pretty close. That's without any negotiations.

With the 4K and 3K rebates which are a big plus and the $7500 tax rebate makes it a no brainer, I am sure only a few qualify when actually purchasing for the 1K new grad discount so congrats! I am only lucky with no sales tax and only was only able to get 2K from Financing at 0%. Also no doc fees? my state caps them at $499 + reg $360 + $7.50 tire fee so that adds another $780

So take that 27,000 - 7500 and you have a inexpensive EV to enjoy.

Again congrats if you buy it!

One note for others here, I did read that each model has a greater profit range with a larger discount available to work with as the models go up. So the S will be a smaller discount over the SL etc.

Another data point:

Nissan of San Francisco
2018 SV with Tech package, Protection package, Floor mats, splash guards, premium pearl white paint.

MSRP: $36,595
Negotiated price: $28,983

Doc fee: $80
EV registration: $29
Sales tax: $2796
State fees: $412

Total out-the-door: $32,300

The catch is they forced me to take a 5.5% interest loan with NMAC for $30k. Will be paying that off in the next few days. Minimum finance charge adds $75 to the OTD cost.

$7612 is a great discount off MSRP. My discount was $7199 of an MSRP that was $2k higher. You definitely got the better deal! I'm assuming here you didn't qualify for any of the military or student programs or the Nissan loyalty program (I didn't).

Also, it always amazes me that the doc fee in CA is $80 when it's typically $400 in MA.

Back