ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reddy said:
Here's the next DCQC grand opening in Pasco:
You are invited to attend the Pasco Starbuck’s ribbon cutting event on Wednesday, August 29th at 11:00 a.m. at 2411 W. Court Street in Pasco for the electric vehicle charging station. Tom Logan, owner of the Starbuck’s, has a fabulous looking site including a solar canopy – quite a unique site for EVITA!

Have to work and with all the scheduled time off I have or had, can't afford to take Wed off but will be thru there sometime this Summer. Do plan to hit the Columbia River for a road trip and will catch it then. Am doing Journey/Def Leopard at the Gorge at the end of Sept. Hopefully that station will be up as well! :)

DaveinOlyWA said:
Reddy said:
You are invited to attend the Pasco Starbuck’s ribbon cutting event on Wednesday, August 29th at 11:00 a.m. at 2411 W. Court Street in Pasco for the electric vehicle charging station. Tom Logan, owner of the Starbuck’s, has a fabulous looking site including a solar canopy – quite a unique site for EVITA!

Have to work and with all the scheduled time off I have or had, can't afford to take Wed off but will be thru there sometime this Summer. Do plan to hit the Columbia River for a road trip and will catch it then. Am doing Journey/Def Leopard at the Gorge at the end of Sept. Hopefully that station will be up as well! :)
I understand. I really didn't expect you (or anyone else) to drive across the state just for the opening. But.... if anyone was planning a little mini-vacation or wine tour..... Anyway, the installer said that the next station should be Connell (installation starting next week), followed by Prosser then Cle Elum. He didn't say anything about ceremonies or stations between Ellensburg and Ritzville, but I'll ask about them next week. BTW, the air is "finally" starting to clear a bit. We are "only" in the "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" category, down from "Unhealthy" and "Very Unhealthy" since last week. I've even seen a few "Hazardous" locations further north and into BC.

Reddy said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Reddy said:

I understand. I really didn't expect you (or anyone else) to drive across the state just for the opening. But.... if anyone was planning a little mini-vacation or wine tour..... Anyway, the installer said that the next station should be Connell (installation starting next week), followed by Prosser then Cle Elum. He didn't say anything about ceremonies or stations between Ellensburg and Ritzville, but I'll ask about them next week. BTW, the air is "finally" starting to clear a bit. We are "only" in the "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" category, down from "Unhealthy" and "Very Unhealthy" since last week. I've even seen a few "Hazardous" locations further north and into BC.

our air has been consistently between 160 and 185 so we are hardly the "go to" place either. I work a few hundred feet from the Sound and it had already started its shift by 6 PM when I left yesterday dropping the temps from 90 to the upper 70's almost instantaneously. But it will take a few days to clear it out.

So sounds like George/Vantage likely not up by EOM Sept. Would have been nice but with DCFC in Ellensburg, trip is still an easy one! :)

I am Considering NDEW however so might see you then!

@DaveinOlyWA

Do you know any shop or individual in WA or northern OR who can help with swapping cells in a LEAF battery pack. Specifically someone who can drop the pack, open it, swap out the bad cells, and reinstall the pack. Provided that I bring enough number of non-degraded cells.

hmmwv said:
@DaveinOlyWA

Do you know any shop or individual in WA or northern OR who can help with swapping cells in a LEAF battery pack. Specifically someone who can drop the pack, open it, swap out the bad cells, and reinstall the pack. Provided that I bring enough number of non-degraded cells.

First off; A failed cell is still under warranty so take it to the dealership. If you want a good LEAF tech, take it to Aaron McAfee at Puyallup Nissan (about 10 miles East of Tacoma)

2nd; What is year of your car? This was not the first question because there is currently NO LEAF on the streets that has exhausted the battery warranty.

3rd; I hope you realize that swapping out a few cells will NOT improve your range.

4th; If you have a 2013 or newer, the labor costs alone would be astronomically high which is why you should discount everything except point #1.

DaveinOlyWA said:
First off; A failed cell is still under warranty so take it to the dealership. If you want a good LEAF tech, take it to Aaron McAfee at Puyallup Nissan (about 10 miles East of Tacoma)

2nd; What is year of your car? This was not the first question because there is currently NO LEAF on the streets that has exhausted the battery warranty.

3rd; I hope you realize that swapping out a few cells will NOT improve your range.

4th; If you have a 2013 or newer, the labor costs alone would be astronomically high which is why you should discount everything except point #1.

I hear what you are saying, no I don't think any of my cells are bad, it's just by the time I lose three or more bars and the car can no longer work for my needs, I wish there is a way to swap out the most degraded cells and restore my charge to a reasonable amount (90%).

If you use LeafSpy Pro on the car, you will see if you have evenly degraded cells or a few bad cells. If no bad cells (as is usually the case), then Dave is right. If you can find a good used pack (preferably from a 2015 Leaf with 12 bars) you could swap all of the modules from it into your car, but that is VERY labor intensive.

Not sure if this is the right thread for my question. It's the only thread that had a mention of my search terms.

Regarding the L3 charger at Dan Wilder Nissan (in Port Angeles), I recently drove through that area and tried to use it (August 15th and 17th). I could get it to the point of saying Press Start but no amount of pressing the start button started the charge session.

Thinking the charger was just broken, I moved to the nearby L2 chargers. No problems there. But then on PlugShare I see DaveinOly used the L3 charger on August 16th. So I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Does this charger need some kind of RFID card to get it going? I have a handful of them for various charging networks, but there were no markings on the charger with any of those 'brands' (just CHARGION).

Thanks for any help you can give.

bobkart said:
Not sure if this is the right thread for my question. It's the only thread that had a mention of my search terms.

Regarding the L3 charger at Dan Wilder Nissan (in Port Angeles), I recently drove through that area and tried to use it (August 15th and 17th). I could get it to the point of saying Press Start but no amount of pressing the start button started the charge session.

Thinking the charger was just broken, I moved to the nearby L2 chargers. No problems there. But then on PlugShare I see DaveinOly used the L3 charger on August 16th. So I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Does this charger need some kind of RFID card to get it going? I have a handful of them for various charging networks, but there were no markings on the charger with any of those 'brands' (just CHARGION).

Thanks for any help you can give.

Charger works fine...as long as you don't use the physical buttons. Its touchscreen only, no authorization required. Simply plug it in and press start

It is simply an "EVGO" station that is partially enabled. I like how it starts with the "select handle" screen (There is only Chademo BTW)

So pressing the physical Start button is what made it not work for me . . . okay.

Simply plug it in and press start

So this would be the touchscreen 'start', not the physical Start button?

For some reason I don't remember seeing a touchscreen 'start' button . . . the screen just said Press Start to begin. Maybe that Start on the screen is what I needed to press.

Thanks for your help.

bobkart said:
So pressing the physical Start button is what made it not work for me . . . okay.

For some reason I don't remember seeing a touchscreen 'start' button . . . the screen just said Press Start to begin. Maybe that Start on the screen is what I needed to press.

Thanks for your help.

When you first get there you will see the "select handle" screen with Chademo (which is there) and CCS (which is not) You don't select anything. You plug in the car. It is recognized and the "Start" screen appears. Touch it to start. ALL interactions are on the screen. The physical start/stop buttons do not work.

bobkart said:

Thanks for your help.

When you first get there you will see the "select handle" screen with Chademo (which is there) and CCS (which is not) You don't select anything. You plug in the car. It is recognized and the "Start" screen appears. Touch it to start. ALL interactions are on the screen. The physical start/stop buttons do not work.

bobkart said:
Got it; thanks Dave.

No problemo. I charged there on the way to the Dungeness Spit. My Son and I walked the entire distance to the lighthouse and back (5.71 miles ONE way) In our small parking lot, I was joined by two other LEAFs. Now wondering if one of them was yours?

We went to Port Angeles as a jumping-off point for Hurricane Ridge (time-lapse video posted in the Pictures and Videos subforum).

Didn't get to Dungeness Spit this time, but we're thinking that we'll include it in one of our next road trips out that way.

qH58572.jpg

Back