I've joined the 100,000 mile club

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garsh

One day after joining the 7-bars club, I passed 100,000 miles on my Leaf! The Leaf will soon be replaced with a Tesla Model 3 for my normal work commute, but it's going to live on as our 3rd vehicle, as we have a 16yo learning how to drive, and I can't imagine trusting him with the Tesla anytime soon. ;)

dMS6uVlSkeZUC2QwcOjw3_Xqd27HnnopJJK3n84E6Fw1jvD6PeHj_qcUHwGebbj9fFokioKaPTzeEwBRFuyGcMz7NKV8OXRhyXErkoTGUnNb0-2saWP7MTqraaGOKS36SewULoNc7qHNNTHldrBK0K-nWRfvvPKahUm--dZq7ByWEMD7vyk0ZvUkX_dbjiv3iV8mlX8h8-2Wv5SAkRYe70wjoCsTQ1_9dlsSoL4wJlCfl7pO3OpTBkIUxVyecVCQcVO6OQfDEOoB7XLVHYIFEp5kgywXnhDN-XEJRYBb4a573SkyEPjrddesO6Qn7xir15aCkiJqXA2rWgLI971YoADJSeOoM3X2fyn-aJufIMgc2LYaR9_za2WB9cXiGbCjBwGtJaLtjes8BF_94B2qLShlgHX5fcANxXH31kw25RM0BS89PVJivhDchqwXl6thNHOcd1gXtJ-COKXUSx2_wtWZlG_J0KwV8wo5q2S0aVl4gCjzspIWXwbWh-a3uE2pGnnpxBl47Rh5whT2kvKr31olQYrs4RtUvdz_H9Bn6p9CQOzNwaif0qJWCdo_-msndCCvuPnGvqRMVjHRZ1o-YDFxQJp73Z0wau3E-o3krWQalspeg2v9UV9i4ie5_3CFum-r2NwEOsbWDwB3gxoniS9zpZDWkSOboUcUI-KyXVL1PHJblFaYiealuw=w1440-h687-no

garsh said:
as we have a 16yo learning how to drive, and I can't imagine trusting him with the Tesla anytime soon.
I feel even my LEAF has too much instant torque for a new driver. I taught all my kids to drive on a manual VW, but that's a skill that is in the decline at this point.

But before you let him ever take out the Tesla, turn on Chill mode and set the speed limiter. (I assume the 3 has Chill mode).

jlv said:
garsh said:
as we have a 16yo learning how to drive, and I can't imagine trusting him with the Tesla anytime soon.
I feel even my LEAF has too much instant torque for a new driver. I taught all my kids to drive on a manual VW, but that's a skill that is in the decline at this point.

I think Eco mode would be perfect for a new driver. Ah, the days of manual transmissions. Or in the case of my leaf, the days of transmissions...

One day not far in the future, we'll all be talking about how cars lurched when they did this thing called "shift", and our grandkids will look at us like we're crazy.

No way could I have made 100,000 on the Nissan battery with all those lost bars. Congrats to you for making it.
I am sure I have driven 100,000+ electric miles but I am on my second EV.

I ended up selling my Leaf this week.

I went to get it inspected. They said it would need $800 worth of suspension work in order to pass. I declined. The car isn't worth much more than that (about $2000 according to KBB). So after picking it up from the garage, I drove straight to CarSense (similar to CarMax) and got an offer for $1500, which I took.

It had 101,850 miles at the end. It was a fun introduction to electric vehicle ownership, but I'm quite disappointed in the battery degradation I experienced. I still need a vehicle for the 16yo to drive, so I think I'm going to pick up a Chevy Volt. They seem to have a good reputation for maintaining the battery well. And the 2nd generation Volts actually have more all-electric range than my Leaf did at the end.

Hello Everyone,

Apologies in advance in case I make any Faux Pas, but this is my first time (ever) making a post.

Bottom Line: I need to distribute an invitation for a survey regarding "ownership experience of older EVs."

Background: I am currently a graduate student who is studying a Marketing Research topic that I am personally passionate about: ownership of older EVs. In order to complete my research project, I need insights from owners (current and former) of older EVs (5 years or older).

Considering how this specific forum is for the 100,000 mile club (an amazing feat BTW), I figured that at least one of you would be able to steer me to the right direction.

If it helps my cause at least a little bit, I am proud owner of a 2011 Nissan Leaf with 41,000+ miles. I still have a ways to go.

Thank you in advance!

I’ve almost reached the 14,000-mile club with my 7-year-old LEAF, and the chances of it making 100,000 miles are pretty much zero. It’s 40-mile range is still useful around town. Hoping for Fenix or other 3rd-party to develop a replacement battery, or sometime in the next couple of years to dispose of the vehicle which will be a bit sad for us.

Congratulations on the 100k miles.

I am curious if there are any other 8 year+ owners still hanging around here. I passed my anniversary earlier this month. I have about 76k on the car, and it still has 12 bars on the second battery. I was lucky, and got in during the last month of subsidized replacement by Nissan and paid around $1400 for the replacement battery. I've retired since I first bought the car, so I don't put anywhere near the stress or miles on it that I used to.

This site was invaluable during the early days of the LEAF and continued to be a good source of information for many, many years.

TonyB85 said:
Hello Everyone,

Apologies in advance in case I make any Faux Pas, but this is my first time (ever) making a post.

Bottom Line: I need to distribute an invitation for a survey regarding "ownership experience of older EVs."

Background: I am currently a graduate student who is studying a Marketing Research topic that I am personally passionate about: ownership of older EVs. In order to complete my research project, I need insights from owners (current and former) of older EVs (5 years or older).

Considering how this specific forum is for the 100,000 mile club (an amazing feat BTW), I figured that at least one of you would be able to steer me to the right direction.

If it helps my cause at least a little bit, I am proud owner of a 2011 Nissan Leaf with 41,000+ miles. I still have a ways to go.

Thank you in advance!

Hello again Everyone,

After a whole lot of work and effort, I finally completed my survey regarding ownership of older BEVs.

At this point, I would like to kindly request for your support through two actions:

1) Please take about 10-15 minutes to complete the following survey:

LINK: https://ucdavis.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ekAjql161ExJmqV

2) If you think it was a meaningful survey, please share the link to as many BEV owners that you know.

[Note: I believe the survey will only stay open until the end of this Sunday (PST))

Thank you all in advance.

TonyB85 said:
TonyB85 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance!

Hello again Everyone,

After a whole lot of work and effort, I finally completed my survey regarding ownership of older BEVs.

At this point, I would like to kindly request for your support through two actions:

1) Please take about 10-15 minutes to complete the following survey:

Survey Link: https://ucdavis.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ekAjql161ExJmqV

2) If you think it was a meaningful survey, please share the link to as many BEV owners that you know.

[Note: I believe the survey will only stay open until the end of this Sunday (PST))

Thank you all in advance.

Cinnabar said:
I am curious if there are any other 8 year+ owners still hanging around here. I passed my anniversary earlier this month. I have about 76k on the car, and it still has 12 bars on the second battery. I was lucky, and got in during the last month of subsidized replacement by Nissan and paid around $1400 for the replacement battery. I've retired since I first bought the car, so I don't put anywhere near the stress or miles on it that I used to.

Yes @72k miles. I have 11 bars on my second (free) battery; at this point I was 2 bars down on the first battery. Still loving everything else (including the cold A/C).

Back