Nissan Leaf Wiper Blades: Part Numbers and Compilation from Forum

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
macnut said:
Some or all Nissan dealers now offer a lower-priced hybrid replacement blade that fits all years with the following part not.:
Front driver side: B889UHS26JNW
Front pass. side: B889UHS16JNW
CONCLUSION
The hybrid replacement blades from the dealer are probably a good choice as they look sleek, perform like traditional blades (which they are under the outer covering), and can potentially have refills fitted when necessary if you are resourceful.

I agree-- Nissan has gotten competitive with these OEM replacements, finally. They used to be stupid expensive at the dealer, but no more. I just picked up a set of these front driver and passenger blades mentioned above from my local dealer for $26.92 including the 8% CA tax. There is no reason to even consider refills anymore for me when the complete blades are available at such a reasonable price. With shipping, the last set of refills I got were over $27 online a couple years ago.

wipers.jpg

TT

brycenesbitt said:
This is a compilation of information drawn from the forums and original research. Message me if you wish to see this post updated. Last update March 2018.

For the factory OEM Nissan wipers for the 2011-2014 Leaf:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 (650mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Honda 76622-STK-A02
  • Nissan 288951AA0A

I wish I'd seen this first. I just got through purchasing and fitting the Honda inserts only to find out that they are the same Mitsuba rubbish as fitted on LEAF. So, obviously, I don't expect them to be any better now, which is contrary to where I was in my blissful ignorance. :(

^^^
FWIW, the Mitsuba "rubbish" from Honda dealers have all been fine to me. (shrug) All 3 refills on my car came from Honda dealers. Fronts were from B&M, IIRC. The rear I had to get from a Honda dealer on Amazon as my local one didn't have it.

cwerdna said:
^^^
FWIW, the Mitsuba "rubbish" from Honda dealers have all been fine to me. (shrug) All 3 refills on my car came from Honda dealers. Fronts were from B&M, IIRC. The rear I had to get from a Honda dealer on Amazon as my local one didn't have it.

I'd have to go back to records to be sure, but I've had to replace the wipers on my car 3 or 4 times now in 7 winters (I think it's actually 4 with this set). By comparison, the original wipers on the Volt are still fine after 4 winters.

I replaced original (3 years old Leaf, have no idea if those were ever replaced) with Silblade offset wipers first, but 26" one never operated smooth on back stroke (between 12:00 and 2:00). After 3 months, I finally bought and installed Nissan OEM H26/16 offset hybrid beam wipers and they performed flawlessly so far.

brycenesbitt said:
This is a compilation of information drawn from the forums and original research. Message me if you wish to see this post updated. Last update March 2018.

For the factory OEM Nissan wipers for the 2011-2014 Leaf:

Front Driver Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-105 (650mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Honda 76622-STK-A02
  • Nissan 288951AA0A

Front Passenger Side:
Mitsuba E049 1622 with insert Mitsuba MOB2-S2-085 (400mm long 10mm wide). Purchase new inserts as:
  • Nissan 288951AA1A
  • Honda 76632STKA02

Rear:
Nissan part #287801LA0A (arm, blade and rubber all as one unit)
Compatible inserts:
  • Generic wiper rubber refill 6mm wide and 260mm long (about 10 inches).
  • Honda 76632S2K004 (trim to fit, reuse the same metal strips)
  • Trico 10-1 (throw away the blade, keep the rubber)
  • Denso (160-5610) (Includes blade)

If you need new arms, or your factory leaf arms are long gone:
  • Nissan B889UHS26JNW (entire blade value series)
[*] Nissan B87Y3RB10JNW (entire blade value series)[/list][/list]
[/list]

To remove the front and rear wipers: grasp the attachment point and find the plastic clip on the underside. Hold the clip open and push.
To remove the rear wiper rubber, just pull it out gently. To remove the entire rear arm requires tools, and is a bigger deal.

For aftermarket wipers:
Many have reported errors in various wiper fit guides: apparently the Leaf does not sell in high enough volumes that all vendors have corrected their guides. The Leaf uses a standard hook mount, so standard third party wipers do fit. However the stock blades use an offset mount, and some third party blades will scrape against the wiper arm and not press against the glass properly.

Forum members have reported good success with the Bosch Icon models 16A and 26A, but because of the lack of offset, about 1" less of the visible window area gets cleared.

Aftermarket wiper refills:
Leaf owners probably as a group prefer refills to throwing away the entire frame. Unfortunately wiper inserts are hard to find. Trico makes them, but few stores stock them. offers refills for most but not all their frames.

See also: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10375

Thanks for the info. I've noticed that if you try to use the standard hook mount the drivers blade hits the passenger arm. I'm pretty sure you have to have an offset hook. I mistakenly found that the Honda insert from my 09 Odyssey drivers side fits my Leaf. I've been wanting to find the passenger side from a Honda for it so, thanks again for the part numbers! According to the dealership here, Nissan is no longer doing wiper inserts. I'm definitely not buying complete wipers from the dealership each time!

warrenc said:
Before I found this thread, I ordered a Trico 18-260 Flex Universal Beam wiper blade from Amazon because I had heard elsewhere that it was good replacement. Now I'm not too sure since others have stated that the beam wipers don't sit flat on the windshield. I haven't opened it yet so I can send it back. What is the consensus on replacing them, the Honda inserts or ?
This thread doesn't really give a definitive answer.
Use the Honda inserts if you have the factory blades. They work great and are the least expensive option.

powersurge said:
I don't understand why people are worried about what wiper blade to use... There is nothing special about the wiper blades on this car. they are like any other car.

I just use any blade that is the right size. I get them from Costco for $8 each, and only buy them when they are on sale for 2 for $8. You do not buy replacement inserts. You should get the entire blade and mechanism together. The rear is an odd size. I think 15 inches, and I get them from amazon for about $10 delivered....
The Costco ones require you to call Goodyear to order the offset arm. Yes it's free, but it's kind of an annoying step to take, then waiting for the adapter...meh.
Why not use inserts? I've used inserts for years and much prefer the factory blades to any $40+ set of aftermarket blades, with the exception of Bosch icons...but they're $40+ vs $15 for factory inserts. Plus it's a lower environmental impact to use inserts and isn't that most of the point of driving a Leaf?

ttweed said:
I agree-- Nissan has gotten competitive with these OEM replacements, finally. They used to be stupid expensive at the dealer, but no more. I just picked up a set of these front driver and passenger blades mentioned above from my local dealer for $26.92 including the 8% CA tax. There is no reason to even consider refills anymore for me when the complete blades are available at such a reasonable price. With shipping, the last set of refills I got were over $27 online a couple years ago.

TT
That's pretty cheap. (They're $47 for a pair at the dealership in Utah.) Still $10-$12 More than inserts. Plus there's environmental impacts to consider in throwing the whole arm away 2-4 times a year.

mwalsh said:
I wish I'd seen this first. I just got through purchasing and fitting the Honda inserts only to find out that they are the same Mitsuba rubbish as fitted on LEAF. So, obviously, I don't expect them to be any better now, which is contrary to where I was in my blissful ignorance. :(
how are they rubbish? I went back to factory blades on my 2 Honda's and Honda blades on my Toyota because they're better and cheaper than anything in the aftermarket...

The Nissan factory inserts seem to last longer in my hot, dry climate (with occaisional heavy rain) than most aftermarket blades. Therefore, I buy replacement inserts from Nissan. They don't list them for the LEAF so ask for them by part number (they are actually for other Nissan models). Also, as others have noted, normal replacement blades interfere with each other slightly.

I replaced the factory blades with Bosch ICON blades, 26A and 16A, in March of 2016. They work just fine and are still in good shape.

I kept the original blades, so may look at new inserts when the Bosch wipers need replaced.

baustin said:
I replaced the factory blades with Bosch ICON blades, 26A and 16A, in March of 2016. They work just fine and are still in good shape.

I kept the original blades, so may look at new inserts when the Bosch wipers need replaced.

Bosch blades are under the wiper metal arm. This means it doesn't fit on passenger side :roll:

arnis said:
baustin said:

Bosch blades are under the wiper metal arm. This means it doesn't fit on passenger side :roll:

I've used Bosch Icon wipers on both the 2012 and 2015 LEAF without problems.

arnis said:
baustin said:

As I stated, the Bosch blades I listed fit and work perfectly fine on my 2013 Leaf SV.

Where do you get your information from?

Original wipers are offset, like that:
https://quirk-images.com/ebay01/ebayrev/288903NA0B_4.jpg

Bosch wipers are not, like that:
https://assets.howtune.com/articles/310/spotlight/bosch-icon-wiper-blade-how-to-instructions-scion-frs-subaru-brz-guide_big.jpg

how are they rubbish? I went back to factory blades on my 2 Honda's and Honda blades on my Toyota because they're better and cheaper than anything in the aftermarket...

They haven't typically lasted a year without starting to streak. I will let you know when these break down and do the same. Gut feeling, based on previous experience, is that it's probably going to be within 6-9 months.

arnis said:
Original wipers are offset, like that:
https://quirk-images.com/ebay01/ebayrev/288903NA0B_4.jpg

Bosch wipers are not, like that:
https://assets.howtune.com/articles/310/spotlight/bosch-icon-wiper-blade-how-to-instructions-scion-frs-subaru-brz-guide_big.jpg

That's as may be, but the Icons have still fit just fine on my 2 LEAFs, I assure you.

Just wanted to add my 2c to the blade debate here.
Here is my takeaway from spending way too much time during the last week on bloody wiper blades! $70 later including tax and shipping from the dealer website .>>>>>>>>>>

if you have the OEM NON value blades then just get inserts BUT if you have the VALUE blades that most Nissan parts departments only seem to carry now, no expensive standard OEM baldes were to be had at my dealer then you are SOL, pay up the $70 and order them all online. The value series have the rubber part glued into the spine AND somehow they have are made so you can’t remove them, some type of plastics clip beteeen the top of the spine and wiper blade body. You will eventually recoup the cost after 2 or 3 years (assuming your blades only last a year as they seem to do here in Colorado with the snow and eleveated UV levels)

Back story >>>>>>> It seem that all non OME or OEM Value series blades, Bosch, Costco Michelin and Goodyear need an offset adaptor. Getting the offset adaptor seems easy, just call their 1 800 number and they will send you the hardware. In my case they Michelin sent me the wrong part, looking at the diagram they sent the blades will never fit with a hook arm and the adaptor is meant for a non hook wiper arm. ALso going to the Mitchellin website dedicated to wiper blades imformend me that no blade they make will fit even though the little book that is normally on display in the case where they sell the blades had said they fit with an adaptor. I don’t see how any blade WITHOUT the onset will work properly as it will not clear the class correctly AND will sit directly under the drivers side wiper arm unless it is super thin. But OK someone who commented before me says the icons are thin enough but I think the part of the window that it would miss would bug my neurotic self and not sure how this would effect snow removal off the windshield.

This debacle reminds my of my ald 99 Audi A8, for years I put on wiper blades and they seems to work just so so, then for shites and giggles I decided to get some from the deal, cheaper than Nissan believe it or not. I discovered the passenger blade was indeed curved, yes curved is the horizontal direction. So no wonder the blades I’d been using all these years didn’t work as non were curved, why would any manufacturer make a custom curved blade for one vehicle.

Back