virol
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2018
Leaf Number: 2018

Re: Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:16 am

Acura4Ever wrote:Hi turbo3, do you plan porting your leaf spy pro on android auto? I wanted to see it on my bigger screen installed on the dashboard and not using the cell phone.

Thanks
That would be a nice idea….. i am pro!!!

Turbo3
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 May 2011
Leaf Number: 002191

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 pm

A new test version of LeafSpy is now available that fixes Dropbox support. You can use this link to test it out.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... .Leaf_Spy1

It also adds support for 2018 and newer Leafs.

Google now requires permissions to be handled at run time instead of during install. So you may see some new popup the first time you run it on a new device. The permission that LeafSpy uses to read phone status is described by Google to be asking to make and manage phone calls which is total wrong.

There is one other function I am checking out with this version. To see if it is working I need testers to send me screenshots of the About screen.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Acura4Ever wrote:Hi turbo3, do you plan porting your leaf spy pro on android auto? I wanted to see it on my bigger screen installed on the dashboard and not using the cell phone.

Thanks
Something I can look into once a get a new Leaf to replace my 2011 one.

virol

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:23 am

Turbo3 wrote:

Thanks
Something I can look into once a get a new Leaf to replace my 2011 one.
and may we know when you plan to change to the new leaf?

virol

Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 am

Turbo3 wrote:A new test version of LeafSpy is now available that fixes Dropbox support. You can use this link to test it out.

Google now requires permissions to be handled at run time instead of during install. So you may see some new popup the first time you run it on a new device. The permission that LeafSpy uses to read phone status is described by Google to be asking to make and manage phone calls which is total wrong.

There is one other function I am checking out with this version. To see if it is working I need testers to send me screenshots of the About screen.
I tryed to participate this testversion, but i am user of the android leaf spy PRO version and this concern only the leaf spy version right?

keep up your good work turbo3

regards

Turbo3
Gold Member

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 pm

virol wrote:
Turbo3 wrote:A new test version of LeafSpy is now available that fixes Dropbox support. You can use this link to test it out.

I tryed to participate this testversion, but i am user of the android leaf spy PRO version and this concern only the leaf spy version right?

keep up your good work turbo3

regards
Correct the current test if for the LeafSpy version. After that is released I will be updating LeafSpy Pro and at that time there will be a new test version of LeafSpy Pro for you to test.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I am about to try to register new TPMS sensors for my 2018 leaf with LS Pro. What do I do after enabling the tire register mode??? I asked for this info in two other topics, with no answer on using LeafSpy to do it.

EDIT: Once I got into it then it became more clear. I'll have to wait and do it another day, though, as messing with the tire pressures with a little portable pump will take an hour. Happily, I have no warning lights in the meantime.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Turbo3
Gold Member

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:03 am

LeftieBiker wrote:I am about to try to register new TPMS sensors for my 2018 leaf with LS Pro. What do I do after enabling the tire register mode??? I asked for this info in two other topics, with no answer on using LeafSpy to do it.

EDIT: Once I got into it then it became more clear. I'll have to wait and do it another day, though, as messing with the tire pressures with a little portable pump will take an hour. Happily, I have no warning lights in the meantime.
Tire Registration is not yet support for 2018+ model year Leafs.

Currently Tire Registration is only supported on 2011-2017 Leafs.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:22 am

Tire Registration is not yet support for 2018+ model year Leafs.

Currently Tire Registration is only supported on 2011-2017 Leafs.
Interesting, because I seem to have done it anyway - without lowering the pressures and driving above 25MPH. I was fooling around with the function, and I think I selected "reset" and then 'Register" and then drove the car for a few minutes. The wheels/tires that came off should have had about 38-39psi in them. When I didn't get a warning light I called up the pressures, and they were all 41 or 42psi. The installer told me he'd set the new snow tires to 42psi. It was a colder day than we've had, so there would have been no rise in tire temps, just a drop. So it may be possible to do a 'quick & dirty' registration with the '18 Leaf that gives you pressures but not positions for the tires. That would actually be good enough for me...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

garsh
Delivery Date: 05 Apr 2012

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:28 am

LeftieBiker wrote:Interesting, because I seem to have done it anyway - without lowering the pressures and driving above 25MPH.
Perhaps your installer used cloned TPMS sensors. Then registration wouldn't be needed.
2012 Black SV, bought 2012-04-04, sold 2019-05-10. 7 bars, 101,850 miles.
Current rides: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 2018 Chevrolet Volt LT

Return to “LEAF CANBus”