Free XM Again

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't let these crooks get their hooks into you. Especially, DO NOT give them your credit card number. I was using invoice billing and paying by check, and they still tried to get more money from me by not removing my 2013 Leaf from their billing system after I called to let them know I'd turned it in. (I know this because knowing them, I called again this evening to make sure it was removed - it wasn't.) I'm going to use the free 3 month trial, block emails from them, and then in August I'll switch to Android Auto.

Om my 2014 B the shutdown never occurred. I had XM until it was totaled. on my current B I had to pay. I just think it is luck of the draw.

I have head of Leaf's that have extended XM. I guess it just depends on how lucky you are.

https://www.siriusxm.com/listen2 currently says
Listen FREE
November 15–26.

There’s more to SiriusXM than you think. It’s on FREE in your car, online and on the app. And, for the first time, listen FREE on all Amazon Echo and Alexa devices.

Hear new channels, new shows and revisit old favorites anywhere you go. Come back to this page to listen RIGHT HERE starting November 15.
Available on inactive satellite radios. Satellite and streaming lineups vary slightly. (Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the free listening channels.)

I still hate the people behind Sirius-XM (and the DJ Richard Blade!), but the channels have improved. The Leaf's new tuning knob and the grouping of stations within what the company considers a genre work well together. The little station icons are too hard to read, though.

cwerdna said:
Listen FREE
November 15–26.

There’s more to SiriusXM than you think. It’s on FREE in your car, online and on the app. And, for the first time, listen FREE on all Amazon Echo and Alexa devices.

Hear new channels, new shows and revisit old favorites anywhere you go. Come back to this page to listen RIGHT HERE starting November 15.
Available on inactive satellite radios. Satellite and streaming lineups vary slightly. (Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the free listening channels.)

Nice! I hate the way XM sounds in the LEAF. But it sounds fine in the Volt, and that's what we'll be driving over Thanksgiving. :D

mwalsh said:
cwerdna said:
Listen FREE
November 15–26.

Nice! I hate the way XM sounds in the LEAF. But it sounds fine in the Volt, and that's what we'll be driving over Thanksgiving. :D
Do mean shrill? To me XM sounds so shrill(no bass) I hardly care to listen to it :(
So are you saying the poor sound isn't inherent to XM, I mean if it sounds better in your Volt it sounds like it may just be Nissan's implementation of it?

With the Bose system adjusted for a little extra bass SXM sounds fine. Not "audiophile quality," but "car stereo quality." I can see where the non-Bose-equipped cars would sound tinny.

I'm going to change my mind a bit and say it sounds "OK" in the Volt, as opposed to "fine" - I was tuning my wife's favorite news channel for her last night in the Volt, and spoken word audio did sound a bit hollow. But it comes with way more bass/base by default than with the LEAF, which is probably why I don't notice so much when playing music.

mwalsh said:
...But it comes with way more bass/base by default than with the LEAF, which is probably why I don't notice so much when playing music.
Sorry about that, I updated my OP, I even got Leftie spelling it wrong :oops: I meant to say "bass" not base(pronounced the same but 2 totally different words).
I'll have to pay more attention to my mothers SL w/Bose next time I drive it and they have the free XM period. Truthfully anytime I've driven it, we have a car full of people and the radio has been off. She really only listens to Christian music or NPR, total waste of the Bose IMO, I'd probably enjoy it though :)

I've also corrected my misspelling. I knew that one, too...anyway, it also helps to adjust the front/rear fade, to put more of the output on the larger rear speaker.

I noticed that today, listened for 10 mins, and found as usual that the signal dropped frequently. I would never pay for this service...

Just today noticed that I didn't traffic this time round, only a brief message about my traffic subscription having expired when I switched to the maps, so they must have fixed that bug between last year and this.

Looks like it's free again until June 4th: https://www.siriusxm.com/listensxm.

I'd seen promo URLs last night for GM and Toyota that were different and then just learned of the above generic one...

It's free again thru Dec 3rd, it seems: https://slickdeals.net/f/13586302-psa-siriusxm-free-nov-22-dec-3-sirius-xm.

My Leaf w/no subscription suddenly has access.

cwerdna said:
It's free again thru Dec 3rd, it seems: https://slickdeals.net/f/13586302-psa-siriusxm-free-nov-22-dec-3-sirius-xm.

My Leaf w/no subscription suddenly has access.
Thanks :) I'll pass it on to my family members. I personally can't stand to listen to XM, at least in my Leaf. It's so shrill and lacking in bass it hurts my ears :? Don't get me wrong, I like the selection, particularly the 60s, 70s and 80s channels along with the album rock channel but I just can't get past the shrillness for music I really like. For something not too demanding like background Christmas music it's ok.

Back