Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that. Sometimes leasing is a good way to buy a car, though, as you don't have to decide whether or not you want to own it for several years. Also, most people don't qualify for the full Federal EV tax credit if they buy. I wasn't suggesting that the OP buy his car, but was saying that the deal he got was good IF he planned to buy the car. If he turns it in then he'll have wasted some money because of the unnecessarily low residual.

This was exactly my situation. Couldn't take advantage of the Federal rebate because of income, but Nissan offered $9500 lease rebate and CO offered $2500. $12000 off after negotiating $4000 of MSRP. Our lease payment is low and the residual is low. Perfect for us as we intend to buy it at the end of our lease. Total cost with fees, registration and taxes for the lease amount came to about $21500 for an SV.

Baltneu said:
Asalvo said:
Black Leaf SV

How many miles per year in lease?
Any money down%?

12000 miles per year, but we intend to purchase at lease end so not a big consideration.
The total lease payments included $8000 down and $63 a month for 36 months. I know that's not what folks usually do, but it ended up saving a bunch on the lease finance charge.

Leasing is usually the way to go with an EV anyway, as you usually don't know when you lease exactly what will be on the market in two to four years. The lease lets you "wait and see." I didn't get a fantastic deal with my SL because it was early days when I leased it, but the residual is right about at what I figure will be fair market value ($17k) for a super-low mileage '18 SL in three years, so I can buy it or not, as I prefer.

Asalvo said:
Black Leaf SV no options
Edited this to reflect a renegotiation to a better price.

MSRP $33850
Dealer discount $4186
Lease rebate state and Nissan $12000
Total lease payments 36 months $10268
Residual $11160

Total price $21428 includes taxes and fees

There will be taxes at the residual purchase and probably a fee, but I’m happy with the price.

Nissan dealer in CO

Did you put any money down?

passepartout said:
Asalvo said:
Black Leaf SV no options

MSRP $33850
Dealer discount $4186
Residual $11160

There will be taxes at the residual purchase and probably a fee, but I’m happy with the price.

Nissan dealer in CO

We decided to put a bunch down because, we had it available, and it reduced the finance charges on the lease. $8000 down and $63 a month for 3 years.

Total amount for lease including down payment and monthly payments with taxes, fees and registration after 3 years is $10268
$11160 residual.

Seemed like a great deal to me so we went for it.

Asalvo said:
passepartout said:
Asalvo said:
Black Leaf SV no options

MSRP $33850
Dealer discount $4186
Residual $11160

Nissan dealer in CO

We decided to put a bunch down because, we had it available, and it reduced the finance charges on the lease. $8000 down and $63 a month for 3 years.

Total amount for lease including down payment and monthly payments with taxes, fees and registration after 3 years is $10268
$11160 residual.

Looks like a very good deal. I'll end up paying $374 x 36 = $13,464 in 36 months. Residual value of $12,997. Total $13,464 + $12997 less $2500 TX rebate equals $23.961 for a Pearl White SV with floor mats and splash guards.

passepartout said:
Asalvo said:
passepartout said:

$11160 residual.

Looks like a very good deal. I'll end up paying $374 x 36 = $13,464 in 36 months. Residual value of $12,997. Total $13,464 + $12997 less $2500 TX rebate equals $23.961 for a Pearl White SV with floor mats and splash guards.

Cool. Mine came with mats and protection package as well. I wonder why the residual is higher? I’m wondering if the numbers changed for November.

passepartout said:
Just picked up my white SV this past Tues. It has Navi but unsure what other options as I haven't had the time to go through it all. MSRP 34,450. Got a 3yr lease, 12k miles for $374 per month no down payment. Residual $12997 at end of term. Was this a good deal? I'm in Houston and three previous dealers won't bend.

Love the adaptive cruise, epedal (who'd think of never stepping on the brake pedal on the way home), car is unbelievably smooth, super quiet, spritely, and solid. The only thing that niggles me? The placement of the speedometer, the steering wheel blocks it.

In ever way superior to the Leaf 1. People are nuts to drive ICE autos.

Which Houston Nissan dealer did you go to? I have a Murano lease that ends in Feb and am seriously thinking of getting a new Leaf. I took a test drive a couple of months ago at Central Houston Nissan but have also talked to people at David McDavid on the Gulf Fwy where I got the Murano. McDavid doesn’t even seem to keep them on their lot and they couldn’t tell me much about it. The Leaf knowledge by the floor people at Central was a bit better, but still very sparse, I seemed to know much more about the vehicle than they did. Not encouraging.

Salespeople knowledge generally sparse because of low sales volume.
Proof is that most dealerships have only one trained Leaf tech.

Baltneu said:
Salespeople knowledge generally sparse because of low sales volume.
Proof is that most dealerships have only one trained Leaf tech.

Indeed. And when you factor in the usual BS-oriented sales pitch, the "information" given for the Leaf usually bears little resemblance to reality. Every EV salesperson I've dealt with - except possibly the last one, who was very good, and the first, when I knew very little about the car - has learned ten times as much from me about the EV in question as the other way around.

passepartout said:
Just picked up my white SV this past Tues. It has Navi but unsure what other options as I haven't had the time to go through it all. MSRP 34,450. Got a 3yr lease, 12k miles for $374 per month no down payment. Residual $12997 at end of term. Was this a good deal? I'm in Houston and three previous dealers won't bend.

Love the adaptive cruise, epedal (who'd think of never stepping on the brake pedal on the way home), car is unbelievably smooth, super quiet, spritely, and solid. The only thing that niggles me? The placement of the speedometer, the steering wheel blocks it.

Sounds like a good deal. I have nearly same deal except I have S with QC and climate and 15,000 miles a year. My residual is 9600. Payments $380

Considering you got the tech package, it is very good!

DaveinOlyWA said:
passepartout said:

Sounds like a good deal. I have nearly same deal except I have S with QC and climate and 15,000 miles a year. My residual is 9600. Payments $380

With an MSRP of $34450, I’d be surprised if that included the tech package.

Asalvo said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
passepartout said:

With an MSRP of $34450, I’d be surprised if that included the tech package.

If his description is correct he has it

Leaving tomorrow to pick up a 2019 SV w tech pack. After negotiations, trade, and down payment I hope to finance around 13k. Then will apply all fed and state tax directly to principle.

240v socket getting installed day after tomorrow.

coach81 said:
Leaving tomorrow to pick up a 2019 SV w tech pack. After negotiations, trade, and down payment I hope to finance around 13k. Then will apply all fed and state tax directly to principle.

240v socket getting installed day after tomorrow.

Does it have the cold weather package? I know you live in the South, but that package is still worthwhile. It will also hurt the resale value if it isn't present.

New Leaf owner here. Picked up a 2019 Leaf S over the weekend, President's Day sale in San Diego. Delivered to my house, signed papers in 30 minutes, great experience.

2019 Leaf S
No DC fast charge
$27,971 out the door includes Nissan Rebate $3500.

Pretty happy with the deal as it's been hard to find a new EV with an equivalent sales price around 25k. Enjoying the car and loving the range.

I'm new to this forum. We purchased a Nissan Certified Preowned 2015 Black Leaf SV w/ 38K miles off a two-year lease on 2017/10/10 fully delivered @ $13K. We love it!

Replacing 2015 with 2019 leaf SL + tech in Virginia. 3k down, 253/mo, 10k miles, 24 months.

Multiple dealerships (pohanka Nissan and Hart Nissan) were willing to give this same offer. Everything done online or over the phone and free home delivery of the car.

Also we had body damage on the returned vehicle which was estimated by a body shop at 3500. Nissan lease return inspection estimate came out under 900.

Back