2018 Nissan Leaf does not charge at Eaton POW-R-STATION

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Having the same issue here. I searched the boards and plugshare for a workaround.
The one that was successful for 2013 Leafs does not work for the 2018 model.gifts to pakistan valentines gifts for her I attempted to contact Eaton and they no longer service EVSEs. I wrote to Nissan with the issue and am waiting to hear back from them.

Hate to be the exception but there are 3 Easton L2 chargers at the train station near me (free) and they all work with my 2018 Leaf SL

Baltneu said:
Hate to be the exception but there are 3 Easton L2 chargers at the train station near me (free) and they all work with my 2018 Leaf SL
First I heard of this. What is your location?
Try to get the model #'s and s/n#s if possible. Perhaps some later manufactured units incorporated different electronic board and thus could be traced (given a schematic) to remedy older units.

ElectricEddy said:
Baltneu said:
Try to get the model #'s and s/n#s if possible. Perhaps some later manufactured units incorporated different electronic board and thus could be traced (given a schematic) to remedy older units.

I don't think my location will help you. I am in the US, you are in Canada. Good luck.

Baltneu said:
ElectricEddy said:
Baltneu said:

I don't think my location will help you. I am in the US, you are in Canada. Good luck.

Don't need your location. We want the location of the stations

DaveinOlyWA said:
Baltneu said:
ElectricEddy said:

Why do you want the location of thE EV chargers?

3 Eaton charge stations at the Tarrytown, NY train station all work on my 2018 Leaf SL.
You download the EV Connect application to your phone. (Not the Nissan application)
You can either scan the QR code or type in the Station ID, to get the electricity flowing.
During the work week, you have to pay for parking, free on weekends, charging is free.

Baltneu said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Baltneu said:

seriously?? You don't think its important for the rest of us to know about THE ONLY Eaton chargers that work with the 40 kwh LEAF?

Now just to get model# and manfacture date if possible to figure out why these work and earlier models don't.
Earliest check in was 2014. around here they were operational at least 2012.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Baltneu said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

seriously?? You don't think its important for the rest of us to know about THE ONLY Eaton chargers that work with the 40 kwh LEAF?

Chill out my friend, I gave the info above.

ElectricEddy said:
Now just to get model# and manfacture date if possible to figure out why these work and earlier models don't.
Earliest check in was 2014. around here they were operational at least 2012.

Eddy, there is a good chance I will be there today, will take a picture and get the info if it on the chargers.

Baltneu said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Baltneu said:

Chill out my friend, I gave the info above.

Great!

Now to figure out why these work while others supposedly the same, do not.

Anyone who has local access to those stations; can you swing by there and get as much info as you can from the stations like model number, dates, versions, etc. ?

I can do the same for stations I know that don't work. This way we can compare info to see what is different?

Back