List of VINs where California Clean Air Vehicle Decal Issued Prior To January 1, 2017

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

Thanks to a post by someone on the Rav4 EV FB group, I found out about https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/856076ee-592a-4596-b5a3-b70495a9904d/CAVVINList.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID&fbclid=IwAR12drzdH8Vz3_lrXY3SBenGpR7gnDt_8bViWxduPqsXMQUsNk2Ogi3QlpA.

It starts with
Clean Air Vehicle Decal Issued Prior To January 1, 2017
By Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
This list is current as of December 17, 2018 and subject to change.
These vehicles would be currently ineligible to re-apply for a new CA HOV sticker. So, if you're looking for used ones and you want to chance with it a CA car, you'll want to search for its VIN here. Not surprisingly, my current VIN and the VIN for my former leased '13 (for which I did get HOV stickers) are both in the list, as they should be.

And, if buying from out of state, besides Autocheck and Carfax to confirm it's never been registered in CA, you can double check this list.

Nice...So about 92 entries per page times 2063 full pages = about 190,000 stickers issued.

Sorry, MWalsh...The only way to get a new sticker is if the white/green sticker was issued after 1/1/17. Then you're eligible for a replacement red sticker. Those people have already been contacted by the DMV.

Randy said:
Sorry, MWalsh...The only way to get a new sticker is if the white/green sticker was issued after 1/1/17. Then you're eligible for a replacement red sticker. Those people have already been contacted by the DMV.

Got it. I wasn't really paying attention, since it didn't apply to me in any way. ;)

Or never issued at all too, right? I did know that much at least. :D

Back