Brief torque loss during acceleration, a potential life-threatening event.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eco mode just re-maps the throttle response so that you have to move the pedal farther to get the same amount of power. Flooring it still produces 100% power. Whatever is going on it isn't the result of some inadequacy of Eco mode. With the 2013+ Leaf, flooring it and holding it there produces slightly less acceleration than flooring it, backing off slightly, then flooring it again. That applies in Drive mode as well.

LeftieBiker said:
Eco mode just re-maps the throttle response so that you have to move the pedal farther to get the same amount of power. Flooring it still produces 100% power. Whatever is going on it isn't the result of some inadequacy of Eco mode. With the 2013+ Leaf, flooring it and holding it there produces slightly less acceleration than flooring it, backing off slightly, then flooring it again. That applies in Drive mode as well.
I can’t say for sure if related to eco mode, mine tended to be in eco mode all the time. I do recall one no-acceleration event where I bumped the shifter from B mode to D mode and it corrected the situation immediately. Got the impression it was more B vs. D, than eco on/off, or changing mode might be enough to wake up the computer.

The following edit has been added to the title post of this thread:

Two months and two thousand kilometers later on the same car and driver this has not happened again!
So why it happened (about five times) last December is still a mystery. The last time was particularly bad as it occurred twice during the same acceleration while moving into a traffic stream ahead of another vehicle --- very upsetting at the time and leading me to post this notice the same day. I continue to drive more cautiously in traffic as a result.

Weather here in Nova Scotia, Canada has been pretty constant over the past two months, still slightly below the freezing point on most days when I drive, and about the same as when the events happened, so temperature wouldn't appear to be a factor.

rduclos said:
Weather here in Nova Scotia, Canada has been pretty constant over the past two months, still slightly below the freezing point on most days when I drive, and about the same as when the events happened, so temperature wouldn't appear to be a factor.

But you admit to driving more cautiously.

Back