60 kWh LEAF Introduction Placed on HOLD

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
webeleafowners said:
Well, there are a couple of advantages, one being that there is virtually no vampire drain. Leave your Tesla at an airport for 6 weeks and it’s pretty much a brick. A Leaf might lose 3 percent of charge. There may be more but not sure.
Who would leave their car at an airport for 6 weeks?

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
webeleafowners said:
Well, there are a couple of advantages, one being that there is virtually no vampire drain. Leave your Tesla at an airport for 6 weeks and it’s pretty much a brick. A Leaf might lose 3 percent of charge. There may be more but not sure.
Not me, but in any case it is not true. My car loses up to 1% a day but 0.5% a day is typical.

SageBrush said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
webeleafowners said:
Not me, but in any case it is not true. My car loses up to 1% a day but 0.5% a day is typical.

I have had to leave my car in an airport for extended periods before.

Anyway, I apparently wrong on the Vampire drain so my apologies. I'm not sure where I read it but I was under the impression that the vampire drain is much higher than it is. Seems to me it was on the Tesla Forum. Regardless if you guys are not seeing this issue it makes me happy as we plan on replacing our smart next year with a Model 3. It will be my wifes car. I'll continue to drive the leaf. We are getting the long range. AWD, white, white interiour, EAP, upgrade wheels. Its only money. :)

webeleafowners said:
Anyway, I apparently wrong on the Vampire drain so my apologies. I'm not sure where I read it but I was under the impression that the vampire drain is much higher than it is. Seems to me it was on the Tesla Forum. Regardless if you guys are not seeing this issue it makes me happy as we plan on replacing our smart next year with a Model 3. It will be my wifes car. I'll continue to drive the leaf. We are getting the long range. AWD, white, white interiour, EAP, upgrade wheels. Its only money. :)
When the Model 3 first came out a few owners reported vampire losses of 6+ miles a day but that has been resolved for a long time.
Your choice sounds great. I ended up not buying AWD and have been a happy driver in the snow and ice ever since I put decent winter tyres on the car. AWD or not, the "all-seasons" that come with the car are anything but.

JeffN said:
My article is here:

https://electricrevs.com/2019/01/08/nissan-spills-the-details-on-the-leaf-e-plus/
About 400 people tuned into the youtube broadcast. I figure you will get at least four.

SageBrush said:
JeffN said:
My article is here:

https://electricrevs.com/2019/01/08/nissan-spills-the-details-on-the-leaf-e-plus/
About 400 people tuned into the youtube broadcast. I figure you will get at least four.
I had the advantage of being in the room in Las Vegas so I could pick up additional information by talking to Nissan execs after the cameras were turned off.

There were two simultaneous media events. One in Japan that was live-streamed and one in Las Vegas. I’m not sure if the Vegas one was live streamed but I believe Nissan will post the video on YouTube as they have with previous similar “fireside chat” media briefings.

SageBrush said:
JeffN said:
My article is here:

They sure didn't do a good job of advertising it. I only found out about the Japanese YouTube link by accident on a Facebook group. The post showed up in my feed.

I wasn't going my stop visiting booths at CES to check out the YouTube video/feed.
SageBrush said:
GetOffYourGas said:
And 226 mile range. Seems low.
Well, the slides put up by the marketing guy that I pointed to at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=532101#p532101 said 225+ miles.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number ends up being 227 or 228. Originally, the 40 kWh Leaf was said to be 150 miles then it got 151.

So much for the Push EV rumors. (https://pushevs.com/2017/12/29/nissan-sees-leafs-competition/, I'd never heard of them before they started peddling rumors that many kept thinking were facts.) I do wonder if they'll get a higher wattage 3-phase OBC in Europe or that'll turn out to be wrong, as well.

I would've loved to be a fly on the wall at product planning meetings for Leaf. Are they frustrated with Leaf sales levels in the US vs. the Model 3, which is decimating them? Do they think Tesla will implode? Do they believe Model 3 sales will drop sharply in the US due to the reduced tax credit? Is Nissan thinking they'll be able to maintain a lead in Japan (probably) and Europe? Are they (Nissan-Renault Alliance) riding a feeling of complacency and think they can maintain their position in global EV sales? Do they believe Japan, Europe, rest of Asia, including China are more important? Or, do they really care about just the big picture (global sales)?

I get their US sales timing. I suspect they figure they have time to get things right and they won't put the E+ up for sale until GM's tax credit gets cut in half.

cwerdna said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the number ends up being 227 or 228. Originally, the 40 kWh Leaf was said to be 150 miles then it got 151.
I think the 151 may be a rounding error.

The EPA at fueleconomy.gov and Nissan docs released yesterday comparing the 40 vs 62 kWh packs say the range of the 40 kWh LEAF is 150 miles.

JeffN said:
cwerdna said:

The EPA at fueleconomy.gov and Nissan docs released yesterday comparing the 40 vs 62 kWh packs say the range of the 40 kWh LEAF is 150 miles.
Weird. I just checked https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=39860&id=40812. It shows '18 Leaf at 151 miles and '19 Leaf at 150.

cwerdna said:
JeffN said:
cwerdna said:

Weird. I just checked https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=39860&id=40812. It shows '18 Leaf at 151 miles and '19 Leaf at 150.
Aha! Okay, I should have checked the 2018 entry as well as the 2019.

I have no idea what changed the result between 2018 and 2019.

Back