Leaf Spy and Leaf Spy Pro

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crunchy3d said:
Turbo3 was last active on Nov 18th 2018. I suppose that the development of LeafSpy is terminated. It's a pity.

I also wrote a email to Turbo3 soms weeks ago and also no reply anymore, that is not his style…..
Hope all is still ok with him.

regards

I have just received message from another user of this forum that he received answer from Turbo3. I am relieved! :D
Apparently, he is studying some communication protocols on Leaf 2018. Hope that @Turbo3 will again become more active on the Forum. ;)

crunchy3d said:
I have just received message from another user of this forum that he received answer from Turbo3. I am relieved! :D
Apparently, he is studying some communication protocols on Leaf 2018. Hope that @Turbo3 will again become more active on the Forum. ;)

also relieved… hope to read soon from turbo3

virol said:
crunchy3d said:

also relieved… hope to read soon from turbo3

@crunchy3d

Please read my pm to you…… thx

Hope this hasn't been answered elsewhere but thread is so long I skipped through it.

I have an image that would help me explain my query but cannot seem to attach one

Here goes,

Settings Screen
Trip Distance = 25 Km
Range - Wh/km
%SOC reserved = 25 (I interpreted this to be the target SOC remaining when the distance indicated in the distance box reads 0.0km-> 25%).

Summary Screen : 16.4% SOC
Yet, Trip box is showing 4.3Km ->25% even though I am already below 25% with usage set at T@226Wh/Km.

Forgive me for being obtuse but nearly caught myself out by focussing on 4.3km -> 25%.
when I actually only had 16.4% SOC.

Can you help me out of my confused fog ?

Could owners of Leaf Spy or Leaf Spy Pro on Android check if you also get a crash when choosing the BMS year model option as described here in the Leaf Spy Lite thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14284&p=549831#p549726

@turbo3

Will the custom screen with possibillity to make gauges with parameter readout at higher speed be ported to Leafspypro in Android version?

Thx

I have a question regarding Log files. In log files I can't find motor speed (RPM) measurements. In columns EZ and FA (in Excel) there are "Speed1" and "Speed2" variables, but the measurements are always 0. On the other hand, LeafSpy custom screen supports "Motor RPM" (variable no. 61), which, indeed, works.
Is column E in Log file (Speed) in fact scaled motor speed? Since @Turbo3 did not answer to my previous questions on this forum, I hope that there is some other member on this forum who is willing to share his/her experience.

crunchy3d said:
I have a question regarding Log files. In log files I can't find motor speed (RPM) measurements. In columns EZ and FA (in Excel) there are "Speed1" and "Speed2" variables, but the measurements are always 0. On the other hand, LeafSpy custom screen supports "Motor RPM" (variable no. 61), which, indeed, works.
Is column E in Log file (Speed) in fact scaled motor speed? Since @Turbo3 did not answer to my previous questions on this forum, I hope that there is some other member on this forum who is willing to share his/her experience.

I think that column E is the measured speed from GPS system, in fact the real speed.....

regards

Yes, you are right. So, if I understood it correctly, there is no equivalent of "Motor RPM" variable in LeafSpy Logs? If I am not mistaken, this is not the only variable which is missing in Log files. Does anyone know how to contact Turbo3 to kindly ask him if there are any chances to add it to the log file?

By the way, does anyone know if there is any possibility to log some reduced set of variables to log file in order to increase sampling rate?

DaveinOlyWA said:
There are several parameters lost by LEAF Spy on 40 kwh packs that previous LEAFs had.
Yes, the tire pressure, for example. However, RPM is displayed on custom screen if selected, while it does not exist in Log file. As far as I remember this is not the only variable which can be displayed on custom screens, but which is not saved in log file. I suppose it can be easily added to log file.
The reason why I am asking it is that I would like to improve the program for calculating and plotting some of Leaf parameters (freeware, of course), based on Octave environment:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27850

Unfortunately, Turbo3 did not respond to any of my questions yet. :( I only don't know whether it is on purpose or he just does not care.

I've made similar program for Hyundai Kona (via Torque Pro) and there I can get very interesting graphs and calculations by using some "intelligent" algorithms. It would be great to implement similar algorithms also for Leaf, but without the help of Turbo3 I cannot do much.

crunchy3d said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
There are several parameters lost by LEAF Spy on 40 kwh packs that previous LEAFs had.
Yes, the tire pressure, for example. However, RPM is displayed on custom screen if selected, while it does not exist in Log file. As far as I remember this is not the only variable which can be displayed on custom screens, but which is not saved in log file. I suppose it can be easily added to log file.
The reason why I am asking it is that I would like to improve the program for calculating and plotting some of Leaf parameters (freeware, of course), based on Octave environment:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27850

Unfortunately, Turbo3 did not respond to any of my questions yet. :( I only don't know whether it is on purpose or he just does not care.

I've made similar program for Hyundai Kona (via Torque Pro) and there I can get very interesting graphs and calculations by using some "intelligent" algorithms. It would be great to implement similar algorithms also for Leaf, but without the help of Turbo3 I cannot do much.

I agree, without the help of Turbo3 there is no possibillity to add parameters to the log files.....

@Turbo3: Is leaf spy pro development stopped for ever ? When it is a matter of google play new policy to accept the " can make phonecalls" when installing the Android version of leaf spy pro, I have no problem to accept this rule.

regards

virol said:
@Turbo3: Is leaf spy pro development stopped for ever ? When it is a matter of google play new policy to accept the " can make phonecalls" when installing the Android version of leaf spy pro, I have no problem to accept this rule.
I am sure that almost everyone would agree and rather have updated app with added "phonecalls". Moreover, I suppose that it's not so hard to block updating this particular app in Android for those who are against the mentioned policy.

In Re: Local Storage on iPad. I am using the ap on my iPad which has WiFi but not Cellular capability. My question: Does the ap store the readings locally on the iPad? If so, where? I've been successful in uploading to DropBox after disconnecting the WiFi from the dongle and switching to my home LAN.

Thank you for a fine application.

Dave

Please forgive if this was already discussed in this rather lengthy thread.

I upgraded to Leaf Spy Pro this week and started looking at the various setting that can be changed. I'm afraid I changed something I shouldn't have as the 12V battery was almost dead this morning. The battery itself is about 6 months old in my '13 Leaf SL.

1) is that any telemetrics that will broadcast and drain the battery?
2) if there is, how do I fix my screw-up?

Thank you.

Addium
The car will not charge from the 240 wall charger today. It's the LEAF charger (from the dealer).

The lights all come on except the charge one. None of the blue lights on the car come one. I suspect this is related to the above changing of things via the LEAF Spy.

jerry62712 said:

I upgraded to Leaf Spy Pro this week and started looking at the various setting that can be changed. I'm afraid I changed something I shouldn't have as the 12V battery was almost dead this morning. The battery itself is about 6 months old in my '13 Leaf SL.

Thank you.

Addium
The car will not charge from the 240 wall charger today. It's the LEAF charger (from the dealer).

The lights all come on except the charge one. None of the blue lights on the car come one. I suspect this is related to the above changing of things via the LEAF Spy.

You cannot charge the car without a charged 12 volt battery

Jerry, some things to check, but first charge your 12 volt battery ( external charger positive - red - clipped to positive -red - terminal of the battery. Negative -black- attached to the large ground post directly underneath the top & back of engine compartment. If in doubt, look at other posts here on how to correctly charge the 12 volt battery. Next, make sure your code reader dongle is not plugged into the OBDII port under the dash. If it left on, it will drain the 12 volt battery. Then after charging the 12 volt battery fully and correctly, Remove the 12 volt battery charger, removing the negative clip first, then the positive side. Then plug your car into the main battery charging port, located under the front flap. What for blue lights to come on, showing charging in progress. Make sure that your charging timer is set to off (do that via the touch screen). Turn off "Telematics" as it is a POS and will keep trying to "phone home" until it kills your 12 volt battery.

HTH, YMMV

Dave

jerry62712 said:

Thank you.

Addium

First off, we need to realize the two events may be unrelated. Did you get the telematics fix? There is an update addressing undue 12 volt stress.

2nd off; there is no need to unplug your OBD device. In LS settings make sure BT is turned off when exiting LS. ALWAYS exit LS when not in use.

Back