docdave
Delivery Date: 10 Sep 2017

Re: Nissan Connect EV (Carwings) having problems?

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 am

Yes, clearly Nissan are in a mess. After experiencing similar problems I phoned their support line and they told me they are in the middle of a server migration project. I have been unable to log in on the desktop since late December and, in spite of following their advice and changing my passwords, I still cannot log in.

Changing the passwords did help with the phone (iPhone) app though, but it is very unreliable. It seems worse in the mornings (when I want to turn the heating on) but frequently works in the evenings.

I have decided not to put any more effort in until Nissan get their project completed. I wonder when that will be?

SalisburySam
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:56 am

docdave wrote:Yes, clearly Nissan are in a mess. After experiencing similar problems I phoned their support line and they told me they are in the middle of a server migration project. I have been unable to log in on the desktop since late December and, in spite of following their advice and changing my passwords, I still cannot log in.

Changing the passwords did help with the phone (iPhone) app though, but it is very unreliable. It seems worse in the mornings (when I want to turn the heating on) but frequently works in the evenings.

I have decided not to put any more effort in until Nissan get their project completed. I wonder when that will be?
I doubt the story about a server migration project. Server migration happens all the time and should take minutes, not weeks, especially since they're not introducing new features or new apps. This has been the excuse used many, many times since I Feb '12 when I picked up my LEAF.

Early on, all commands had to go to Nissan's servers in Japan for validation, then back to your vehicle for execution. This made it slow and of questionable reliability. I hope that's been much improved, though I see no evidence of any betterment. I used to call the LEAF hotline whenever I couldn't connect, as I considered that one of the basic functions of the vehicle, like windshield wipers. Now I accept it as a major flaw in a majorly flawed vehicle. I'm really sorry to see owners of newer and even the newest vehicle still having these now 7-year-old issues. Priorities I guess and EVConnect appears to not be a priority just like its predecessor CARWINGS wasn't.
Nissan 2012 LEAF SL, 13,500 miles, 9 bars, 30-mile max range

Tesla Model 3: Long Range Rear Wheel Drive | Extended AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving
Delivered: July, 2018 | 12,500 miles
Get 1000 miles free Supercharging: https://ts.la/john70942

docdave
Delivery Date: 10 Sep 2017

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:39 am

Yes, you may be right. This week I have succeeded in turning the heating on for two mornings out of five. I have never experienced this sort of unreliability with any other online service.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:47 am

Didn't get my charge completion notice Friday morning.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:34 pm

For the many people having trouble with the full Nissan Connect app: there is a Leaf-specific version of the app from Nissan that seems to work much better: I was able to use it to start my climate control yesterday evening, after the Nissan Connect app failed to log me in after several tries. And while I'm not yet sure of this, the app seemed to have me already logged in when I tried it. It's called "Nissan Connect EV & Services." I'm not sure from reading the previous posts which app people are using...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jdcbomb
Delivery Date: 18 May 2015

Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 am

I've been using the "new" Nissan Connect EV app for a couple months now (on a 13 MY and 18 MY) It's definitely improved over the original one, but it still has intermittent issues in connecting. It also keeps forgetting my preferences between each LEAF everytime I switch from one vehicle to the other.
2018 SL - In Service 2019 JUN - 2019 OCT 96.7 SOH
2018 SV - In Service 2019 JAN - Location: Raleigh, NC - 2019 OCT 93.7 SOH
2013 SL - In Service 2013 FEB, Sold 2018 JUN (50,050 mi) - 4 Bars Lost (44,255 mi)

LeftieBiker

Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm

jdcbomb wrote:I've been using the "new" Nissan Connect EV app for a couple months now (on a 13 MY and 18 MY) It's definitely improved over the original one, but it still has intermittent issues in connecting. It also keeps forgetting my preferences between each LEAF everytime I switch from one vehicle to the other.
I had trouble with it selecting my old (returned) Leaf when I installed it, but that seems to have stopped. The apps can't fix server issues, of course. It's nice just not to have to spend two minutes getting to the Leaf status page on the bigger app.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Rauv
Delivery Date: 31 May 2012
Leaf Number: 19000

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:28 am

Stupid remote climate control app hasn't worked since December for us, despite using all the troubleshooting and workarounds offered on this forum. Disconnecting car battery for a few minutes does not work. Reinstalling the app does not work. Logging out and back in again does not work. The only thing that works is that I get a notification that the car has stopped charging every morning, so I know there is communication between the car and Nissan (dis-)Connect. Next EV won't be a Leaf. Pre-warming here in MN is a requirement, not a luxury.
2013 Cayenne SL [70 months][45000 mi][11 bar]
GE Wattstation 7.2kw EVSE + EVSE Upgrade (16A)
5.67 kw PV System. 3-ton GSHP

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:16 pm

I am running the Android version of Nissan Connect EV (version 6.2.1) on my BlackBerry and have had no issues with starting remote climate control almost every morning for the past 2 weeks. There is a new version on Play Store, but I am not going to update as long as the existing version works without issues. Remote access was working OK before I took the car in for its annual battery check (except for occaisional modem lockup requiring fuse pull and DTC clearing). I asked for the TCU firmware update in hopes of avoiding future lock ups and gave the service writer the number of the technical service bulletin (I had already checked the TCU version number with Leaf Spy to make sure it applied). The dealer chose to replace the TCU and charge the extended warranty for parts and labor--Leaf Spy confirms it is a newer module. It is too soon to tell, but it has not locked up since I received the car back and remote access has worked flawlessly.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015; traded 8/10/2019 at 82,436 miles
White LEAF 2019 SL+ purchased 8/10/2019

LeftieBiker

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:18 pm

I've been using the Connect EV app for remote CC start as well, with no problems.
BAFX OBDII Dongle

Return to “Range / Efficiency / Carwings”