Lease turn-in -- which dealer should I use?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gesingle

The lease on my 2015 LEAF S ends soon. My plan is to turn it in and purchase (not lease) the ePlus when it becomes available.

The dealer from which I leased the 2015 apparently doesn't want to inventory LEAFs. I think their clientele is more geared to pickup trucks. There have been no 2108 or 2019 LEAFs on their lot. The one I leased was on the lot for at least 6 months, and I got a great discount.

So, I plan to buy the new one from a dealer in a different town. Do you think the best strategy is to turn in the old car at the new dealer, assuming the 2019 ePlus is not yet available? Perhaps the anticipation of future sale would count for points in my favor. Or, is a turn-in a liability to the dealer?

If you're planning to buy/lease another Nissan, best thing to do is to turn it in at the dealer where you plan on buying the new car. Not just for convenience sake, but also you might be able to swing a better deal. NMAC I believe does waive the Disposition Fee for replacing your old Nissan with a new one, but you might be able to negotiate a better price on top of that.

At worst, you might be able to get an otherwise reluctant dealer to take it off your hands, if you take a new one off theirs. As far as "inventorying" Leafs that's B.S. If they don't want the car, they simply stick in a back corner and wait for NMAC to come pick it up and send it off to auction. No different than a trade-in they don't want to put in their own used-car section.

Back